“Pay by the hour...get my drift?”
Review of Hotel Sogo - Cebu

Hotel Sogo - Cebu
Hotel Sogo - Cebu
Ranked #57 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Cebu City, Philippines
“Pay by the hour...get my drift?”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

They rent rooms here for 3 hours, 9 hours, 12 hours or 24 hours. From that, you know it's to bring girls back here. I ended up staying for three days...long story, don't ask. I would have only stayed for max one night, but I had extenuating circumstances. I saw bugs everyday, especially if a good tray was left out in the hall.

If you get a room for 24 hours, you get breakfast included. It's an egg, 2 pieces of toast and your choice of meat. It's probably the worst breakfast I've ever had. I ordered from the menu the first night; it was not bad. Standard sweet and sour pork with rice. I would eat it again because it's cheap.

LOCATION: It's in the Colon area, and from what I hear this is not a good area. I didn't feel any more or less comfortable here then I do in most parts of PI. No matter where I end up, people are always looking for a hand out. I guess there are some historical parts in this end of the city too, but I didn't look.

The room is small, but the a/c works great! The bathroom and shower is one room together and it was not good. Small sink, mold on the tile and overall not clean. The bed is a 4 inch pad and I did not sleep well because my back got sore.

The internet is spotty. I had to call at least once a day to tell them that it went out, but when it worked it wasn't too bad. We had a three hour "brown out" one day, which is funny because I saw an advertisement that said, "ABSOLUTELY, NO BROWN OUTS".

The service isn't too bad; they were friendly and helpful.

OVERALL: It was not a comfortable stay and I would not recommend this place or stay here unless you are planning a "short time" stay. There are plenty of other hotels for $10US more per night with much higher quality amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Jesse R

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
#42 of 76 in Cebu City
Islands Stay Hotels Uptown Cebu
Islands Stay Hotels Uptown Cebu
#197 of 327 in Cebu Island

Been to Hotel Sogo - Cebu? Share your experiences!