“Nice Place, Friendly Staff and Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Harolds Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Gorordo Avenue | Lahug, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“Nice Place, Friendly Staff and Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked 2 Deluxe Rooms at Harold's for my Family's trip to Cebu. They expected us and the Check-In process was a breeze. The staff greets you with warm smiles and are very welcoming. The Hotel seems pretty new, it can't be more than 2 years old. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. With iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. A pleasant surprise was that one of our rooms had a balcony, one of only three in the hotel.

It's located 5-10 minutes from the Ayala Center. Also nearby are a number of well-known Restaurants in Cebu such as AA BBQ, Ching Palace, Chika-an and Golden Cowrie. It's easy getting around by the Jeepneys which pass right outside the Hotel. If you aren't the adventurous type, you should stick to the Cabs. The friendly staff will be glad to assist you with either.

After a long day in the City, you can cap off your night with a few drinks at their Rooftop Bar. It's look and feel would have no problem standing next to the high end, big name Hotel Bars in Makati. They have a good selection of drinks and snacks, all of the food and drinks are very reasonably priced.

The breakfast buffet was good, we stayed for two nights and had a different selection of breakfast items for both days. The best thing about this hotel, other than the Rooftop Bar would have to be the Staff. Very friendly and accomodating, willing to go out of their way to ensure your stay is comfortable.

Overall a Great Hotel, with only the lack of a Swimming Pool to round up that vacation feel. But, this was made to be a Business Hotel. It's close proximity to the Business Park and Downtown areas is a huge plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Davao City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I inquired about their function room. Rachel Niñal, the Marketing Communications Officer, answered quickly she received my inquiry and will forward the inquiry to the designated person. But that was it. Even I made a follow up, I did not receive any email from them.

What kind of hotel is that. Very insensitive? This hotel will give bad image to Cebu.

James Andrade

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank James463
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for a few days while in Cebu for business. I was struck by the cleanliness and upscale feel of the rooms.... Despite starting on the wrong foot upon check in. I clearly indicated in my online check in and several email messages thereafter that i requested early check in.
After an hour or two, front desk staff managed to find a room, clean it quickly, and i finally got some much needed rest.
The location is ideal if one wants to be close to Ayala Center... Otherwise, there isnt much within walkable distance... However, from what i can see, that will change in due time considering commercial growth in the area..
The buffet breakfast was good.... Sufficient to get one started on one's day... Garlic rice, tocino,eggs some fish dishes , fruit, and juice... Even hot tablea chocolate.
But the biggest downside is no WiFi in rooms, but only LAN wired connectivity. There is WiFi in the lobby but i just couldnt see myself in my pajamas wiling away.... But understand this will change by next year...
Overall, enjoyed Harolds Hotel and will most probably return on my next visit to Cebu....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EWWSanFrancisco
philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

on oct 12, 2012, i experienced the hospitality & the comfort of this new hotel in cebu. the manager sir hembler mendoza is so accommodating. the room is cozy, the bed is soft and the linens are superb. the bathroom is clean. though there is no wifi signal in our room but the big tv screen is good enough for me. the buffet breakfast is ok also. the staff are so courteous and accommodating to my needs. they are patient to give directions. the rate is so reasonable for a 3 star hotel. i will definitely recommend this to my friends. try it too!

Room Tip: the higher floor rooms i recommend, 12th floor, cool bathroom, you can see your partner taking the s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mabalacat, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Strong Attributes
- Accommodating and very courteous staff from in house security, front desk personnel, dining crew, HighLights Roof Deck personnel and also to house-keeping. Night Manager on duty knows what truly is the meaning of courtesy.
- Room has docking station for ipod.
- Has iron and ironing board.
- Has a weighing scale.
- Has a flashlight in case of an extreme emergency.
- Gave me an immediate upgrade to deluxe room which was very spacious.

Opportunity
- A short delay upon check-in but was immediately addressed.
- In my humble opinion I guess the initial cash out as being required from me is not necessary at all. If this guideline can be reviewed.
- The bed or room is not the issue its in my system, I do not get enough sleep in hotels.

Overall, I had a wonderful time. I don't have to be specific my final word would be, once you were treated to be a Most Important Person what more can you ask!?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had always wanted to stay at Harolds ever since I first heard of it from friends in Cebu. So when I had a chance (an overnighter because of airline connections through Cebu), I immediately booked myself a room.

Rates.
I booked a superior room with a king sized bed. Glad to have found out that the company I work for enjoys corporate rates for its employees!! But discounts notwithstanding, the rates are pretty reasonable considering the observations below. :)

The Room.
Very spacious, plenty of room to dance! Not that I'm a dancer...just saying. But what got me smiling the most was how clean and well kept the room was. I had no qualms walking around barefooted on the carpet and not a speck of dust on the furniture. The only negative thing about the room was the small window. But still, it was a really nice looking room.

The Bathroom.
The hotel's drive for cleanliness was definitely evident in the bathroom, too. The only downside was that, even if you carefully stretch out the shower curtain, water still managed to get on to the floor...which is a major pet peeve of mine - wet bathroom floors!

The Bed.
King size! The pillows were perfect, the sheets smelled very clean and freshly laundered and the duvet was very cozy. I almost wished the airline would call me to advise that my flight was cancelled!

The Staff.
Friendly. Although, I did throw a tiny tantrum when I was told that I'd had to pay another P1000 for early check in...something I was NOT told about when I booked my room through the phone! I'm actually amazed that they would still charge you that when they weren't even at full occupancy! Most, if not all, big hotels don't charge early check ins. This was the only disappointment from Harolds. But nonetheless, definitely friendly staff...even saw their night manager, an acquaintance from college! :) And, if I may just add...he's still a cutie. LOL!

So, would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. Can't wait to have to go to Cebu again.

Room Tip: My view was of the "back". All I saw were the roofs of nearby houses so you may want to a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was very clean, staff were all very courteous, rate we paid for the room were okay (P3500). Beds and blanket were very comfortable. Toilet facilities were clean and very nice. A hop, skip and jump away is one of the best pizzas in town. La Bella Pizza. Security is tough... you key is only accessible to the floor you are on. We went as a group, booking 5 rooms. We were billeted in different floors. If we wanted to go to each other's room, we had to be escorted by our companion bringing with him/her their room keys. Very inconvenient, I suggest that if you are with group and booked in different rooms, hotel should give your keys access to all floor where your companions are located.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms, specifically 305 and 307 (and maybe 303, i'm not sure) has a balcony. Any floo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family