We just had an event there last night. Its actually a party we held for our partners in business. Let me do this in chronological order:
>Booking: It was very smooth - they pencil booked the date and when i told them its final they booked it for us.
>Contract signing: I told the sales agent to come to my office so that we can have the signing of the contract that goes with going over thru it. The first answer to me was "ma'am we cannot do the contract signing without the downpayment" WHAT??? I need the contract to process the payment in the first place. All Hotels, even in Manila give signed contracts even before sending it to us! They told me its there SOP. So i ask a copy of the contract instead and had it processed. I needed to write a letter to accounting that the contract will not be signed unless paid.
>Food Tasting: The place was booked, the payment was processed etc etc. I asked a date for the food tasting. The sales agent again told me that they cannot do the food tasting without the full payment!! Who would pay a full amount when there was still no event yet?? But again, I had the full payment processed so we can have the food tasting. I gave the full payment to them last Friday and the sales agent told me "the food tasting will be next week". When i asked for it again, the sales agent told me that there will be NO FOOD TASTING COZ THE KITCHEN IS BUSY!
> Even a simple as size of the backdrop- they do not know. It tool a while for them to give feedback. They could have just listed it down since most clients need it anyway. Plus they did not give us the ff;
*No tambiyolo (i dont know if the spelling is right, but the one we usually use for raffle)
* They did not give us a complimentary room.
* No room for our things, props and all. and told us we can use the CR for doing our make up.. what???
* The biggest surprise is we have to pay for every cellphone charged, laptop, speakers.. We have to pay 250 for each. We brought a sound system, they charged us with Php5,000.00 electrical charges coz they needed to buy another breaker. WOW! I was very amazed, a hotel that receives multiple functions does not have breakers!!
* We requested a waiter for the VIP tables but again they told us we have to pay for extra manpower.
>The parking was very limited. There was only about less than 20 slots. We booked for 200 guests, where can we have them parked? But again, since the hotel was already booked, we had no choice.
>Here comes the party:
*set-up: It turned out that the size of the stage backdrop they gave us was wrong.
*They did not turn on the air conditioner - only 15 minutes from our official time.
*No party poppers allowed.
*The 2-way buffet became 1 coz the space is very limited.
*The utensils used where of VERY low quality.
*The food sucks!
*The F&B manager was so COLD and needed a seminar on customer service. She does not know how to speak for herself and always sends off a waiter instead.
*The waiter kept on looking at our guest list. I booked for 200, we only had 163 guests. When asked - they told us "THEY ARE STILL COOKING!" are they nuts??? They knew we had 200 guests, why didn't they prepare food for 200 people???
>The party ended and my bosses told me - We will not be coming back and will tell this very horrible story to all our sister companies.
>To Hotel Elizabeth - Try to do a little work - research on how Hotels here in Cebu operate. Try to buy things that are essential. TRY TO VALUE CLIENTS!! try to be a little nice..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established shortly after its predecessor in Baguio, Hotel Elizabeth Cebu has over 130 stately guestrooms and suites all envisioned by Tessa Prieto-Valdes, style icon and celebrated interior decorator. Breathtaking frescos by painter Alfred Galvez and portraits of well-spent travels adorn its Mediterranean-inspired hallways. Situated conveniently in one of Cebu's bustling business districts, the hotel is just a 2-minute walk to Metro Gaisano and Ayala malls, affording guests easy access to leisure activities, such as shopping and sightseeing.A riot of flavors awaits you at the Flora Cafe, where international cuisine is served in the most inventive and appetizing of ways. Enjoy great music and relax at the Piano Bar while sipping on your favorite wines and cocktails. Pamper yourself with our massage service or work up a good sweat at our Fitness Center. Celebrate momentous occasions and attend seminars and conferences in style and luxurious comfort, in our various function rooms and ballroom. You will fall in love with Hotel Elizabeth. It’s an experience on its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Hotel Elizabeth Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Elizabeth Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City