“good breakfast and rooms”

Hotel Elizabeth Cebu
Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed July 20, 2014

stayed here for 3days/2nights. all i can remember is our breakfast was good (bacon was soldout most of the time) we have choices and i slept comfortably. hotel is safe and secure unlike other hotels in Cebu i have checked-in before. located near establishments.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Armeneloise

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ive stayed on 8th of July for 2 nights. And i was absolutely disappointed with almost everything.

For the stays they made payment through my card but said it has been declined so told me to pay by cash. But when I came back I found out that card payment has been made which means that I have PAID TWICE!!!!
And Well, Ive booked triple deluxe room 3 adults and 2 children to check in at 3am. But when we arrived they didnt have the room ready as well as they said that they dont have a triple room. Apparently thay said they didnt receive any information from the booking site and had to wait over 30mins after long flight and.... What?!!? Ive booked triple deluxe room and they gave us extra bed in a double room saying that the room size are same anyway. But infact one of us had to sleep on a very HARD PLASTIC WRAPPED EXTA BED.

First of all how can they not receive any information from the booking site?? Ive rang booking.com when we came back and they said that information is sent automatically when booking is made.
And the funny thing is that, Ive told them I will go to different hotel because the room wasnt ready and they said I cant because all payment has been made.
Well how can they proceed with payments without any information???????

And secondly, breakfast!! My booking included breakfast for all 3 adults and 2 children (3 & 6). On the first day the childrens were free to have breakfast but on second day they asked me to pay for the children separately!!!!!!!!!! My booking confirmation definitely states that breakfast is included for all guest and now they were asking me to pay. So I complained and the manager had to come out, was behind our schedule for another 30 min and eventually they said children are okay to have breakfast as if they are giving favour for my own right.

And lastly and most importantly when we were checking out, they said my card has been declined and that I will need to pay by cash. So I did, and when I came back I realised that they have proceed with my card payment. Which means that I have PAID TWICE!!!! im currently working on it to get my money back. Hopefully.... I will get my money back.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Hyo L
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have stayed here before. I just completed a 4 day stay. The meeting is great and the employees are well trained. The internet is fast and is a joy to use. The hotel has a small fitness center but not pool. The location is great and is next to Ayala Mall. You do not have to close any heavy traffic streets to reach the mall. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It is good hotel with a great management an staff.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank WillG5841
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My family stayed at the hotel last March 20, 2014. Rooms were super clean and beautiful. Front Desk staff are very friendly. We had a great stay at the Hotel. Near to the shopping mall and transportation is very convenient. Elegant Hotel Lobby.

Room Tip: better to have a room facing the sunrise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rejo2014
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very nice hotel. Rooms were very large and clean. There was a little trouble with the wifi so we ended moving to another room. Good service and the laundry was inexpensive. There is a mall within walking distance and found so nice places to eat. The breakfast was average with a small semection of foods. I would stay at the Elizabeth again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank pmart2
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed here several times and on this occasion in a standard room which was spacious, comfortable and well designed, good bathroom also. I was on the Fourth Floor, there was some noise outside from the busy road but it didn't bother me.
Breakfast was excellent, not a huge variety but they did the basics well and the senior guy in the red cap cooked my fried eggs to perfection, it's unbelievable how many chefs are incapable of preparing 'easy over' fried eggs!
The staff throughout the hotel were delightful and I also liked the original décor which is a pleasant change from the usual brand hotel conformity. The hotel is 5/6 minutes walk from the Ayala Mall, the new extension there finally opened and it's very smart although most of the shops remain closed!
Sadly this hotel like all the others perpetuates the hideous ambient music of ghastly old Christmas songs although at less volume than the Quest and the Park Lane.
Finally, the dreaded WiFi issue. On my last stay here it was almost non existent and similar experience this time. Next to having a bed and a bath, a good internet connection is vital and impossible to understand why hotel owners fail to understand this, especially after so many complaints. This would prevent me from returning which is a shame.

Room Tip: Chose rooms on the higher floors, they will be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The staff are very friendly and always smiling and greeting you. The hotel is centrally located and the rooms are clean and quiet. The towels and carpeting in the room are a bit old and need to be replaced and the WiFi is slow and unreliable. But having arrived just after the Typhoon, I am willing to not judge them too harshly on the wireless. The food is ok.. not bad not great. All in all,it'll do for a short stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BabaTabo
Kim M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Elizabeth Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hi Ms. Baba,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on our page. We want you to know that this will be a big help to improve our services as we also currently on overall assessment to meet and go beyond your expectations.

Rest assured that it is well noted.

Thank you and we look forward in your next stay on Hotel Elizabeth Cebu.

God Bless!