All reviews ayala mall breakfast buffet junior suite room walking distance wifi connection lechon restaurant staff definitely stay here again home away from home housekeeping bathtub bellman sofa danggit cons hospital taxis
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were given a Junior Suite in Hotel Elizabeth for Sinulog. First and foremost, the location might be their best selling point ever. The hotel is located in close proximity to Ayala Center, perhaps just a street away from the left wing of the mall. We travelled during Sinulog and this was when we truly appreciated the location, it was the first visible hotel from the Parade/Baseline area where the street parties were. Since it was difficult to get cabs during Sinulog, walking was the next best thing and we were really thankful that the hotel was just a 15min walk from the party.

The room was extremely spacious --perhaps too spacious as we got a corner room with a big bed, which also included a sofa, a work desk, and another lounging chair. In a rough estimate, I'd say the corner junior suite could even host a tiny party of about 10 persons. The room was clean, and there were a lot of pillows that will ensure a good night's sleep. In my opinion though, there was not enough lighting. The bathroom came equipped with a bathtub and generous hotel toiletries.
My only pet peeve was that the bathroom was visible from the sleeping area, Although that is common already in hotels in other countries, I do not think it will sit well in a country such as the Philippines. Do not worry though as the blinds will completely block your view of the bathroom from the sleeping area.

Check-in and check-out were easy; my only issue was that the front desk is not as organized as I wanted them to be. My friend borrowed my room key and left it in the front desk, and when I asked for it, they had to find out who my friend talked to. There was no central communication between the people there --but this was just a small issue, I do not think it will affect your view on the hotel.

The hotel's great location, fulfilling breakfast buffet, and spacious rooms are worth considering as Hotel Elizabeth should really be one of your options when you wish to visit Cebu. Especially during its Sinulog Festival.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank filipinotraveler21
Reviewed January 23, 2013

we stay here when we go to Cebu City because is is a pretty good value and a good location near Ayala Center. The rooms are nicely appointed and the furnishing are OK. DO NOT WALK ON THE ROOM CARPETS BAREFOOT. You will get black. It doesn't appear that the carpets have been cleaned in a long time. The main weakness of the hotel is the restaurant. It serves the basic buffet for breakfast but it is rather bland and lacks imagination. If they would try they could have a restaurant to attract more customer throughout the day. I have tried to eat other meals there besides breakfast to include the steak they advertise, and it really was not worth it.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

if you are looking for a hotel near ayala mall, a hotel with danggit on its breakfast buffet. very relaxing place, although they can look to improve the wifi service inside rooms. i have to go down the reception lobby for wifi signal. overall it is OK with attentive staff.

Room tip: 2f so you will only use the stair instead of elevator (frequent power outage?)
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed in this hotel last November just for 1 night and it was just as well because we were sadly disappointed by it. Location is really good, near Ayala Mall and near a church-we were able to attend mass that saturday we were there. The rooms were not bad either.

What is wrong in this hotel is that they are still operating with a budget mentality, considering that in Manila they operate the low budget Fersal chain, but charging high end rates. We paid almost 5k for a room and they had very thin towels. My friend called and asked for additional towels and after about 15 minutes they called back saying that the extra towels would be 30 pesos each!

At the breakfast buffet, another friend wanted a cheese omelet and was told there was no more and it would not be replenished! Really? It was only 9am then and breakfast was till 10:30. After we complained they did bring out some cheese, and also replenished the cheese platter, but I almost wished they hadn't as the cheese was like rubber and just tasteless!
Next time we're in Cebu, we are not staying here again. For a few hundreds more we could have checked in at the Marriot. Hotel Elizabeth better live up to their purported botique hotel standards, get rid of the budget mentality!

Date of stay: November 2012
3  Thank ManilaMinitraveler
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Came for a day and stayed for 2 weeks . rates very resonable . rooms clean . staff friendly . Breakfast not suited to westerners recommend short walk to Ayala Mall. Had a massage every second night in room excellent !

Room tip: Reccomend the Juniour suite . large bed and very large room with couch writing desk and large bathroom .
Date of stay: November 2012