“Great Location, Room & Service”

Hotel Elizabeth Cebu
Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed in the Executive Suite for several nights and didn't want to go home anymore. This was one of the most comfortable hotel stays we've ever had. The suite features a separate living room as well as a bathroom in each "room." The larger (bedroom) bathroom has a bathtub and ample countertop space.

I have the habit of wiping down surfaces before unpacking. The room was spotless. Although the room was made up daily, I couldn't be sure if the bathroom floors were also cleaned -- I noticed the same dusty/smudged shoe print from the first to the last day of our stay. It didn't bother me very much since I don't go around barefoot.

PROS:
* Free wifi in room;
* Ample tabletop/countertop space in room and bathroom;
* Spacious rooms;
* Great location -- walking distance to mall, restaurants;
* 5-star hotel ambiance;
* Overnight stay comes with breakfast buffet;
* Toiletries provided (soap, shampoo, bath gel, lotion, toothbrush, etc.);
* Excellent service from staff who didn't wait around expecting tips;
* Basement parking & valet parking;
* Secure -- non-guests don't have access to guest room floors without a keycard.

There's a little sign by the bathroom mirror that advises guests to put towels on the floor if they want them replaced. It's easy to miss the sign.
Other than those mentioned, I can't think of any other "cons" for now.

Highly recommended. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabrielle T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elizabeth Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Jade820,

Thank you for your review. On behalf of Hotel Elizabeth, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our Cebu branch. Thank you for your kind words!

Thank you, too, for your observations regarding the bathroom floor and our towel sign. Rest assured our staff is working on rectifying these.

We hope you can consider staying with us in the future.

Grow with us,

Gabrielle Talan
Corporate PR Officer
Fersal Hotel Group

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have always stayed at hotel elizabeth in cebu. Several reason. The hotel is reasonably priced and is located next to ayala mall. You can practically walk acrosss -10 minutes away.The rooms are average size and the morning breakfast has enough variety for this price range of hotel. They even have 3 beds in a room albeit the beds are smaller. The 2 queen size bed is big enough for the needs of a nice quiet sleep. The shower room is also bigger than most hotel in the area. I have recently stayed at the new q###t hotel and comparably hotel elizabeth is much better in room size and shower space . Hotel elizabeth has no bathtub on their dlx or std rooms. The hotel staff is much more efficient and courteous. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Stay room facing away from the main street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Gabrielle T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elizabeth Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback and consistent patronage. We are glad to be of service and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I always stay at the Elizabeth as in my view this is the best value option in the city. Radisson and Marriott are 5 star but are too pricey and the quality of the hotel and the sevrice foucs is excellent for the rom rate

Its location next to Ayala is great, can walk to Ayala in 3-4 minutes maximum, and it has a reasonably priced Mongolian buffet and Black Angus setak buffet on Friday and Saturdays if you dont want to go to Ayala to eat

Thre are cheaper and more expensive hotels in Cebu but not with the same quality/price mix - I rate this the same as Cristal hotel in Abu Dhabi UAE which is understated but excellent quality (refer to my reviews on that hotel for reference)

I have now stayed at this hotel 4 times in 2012 and am very happy wit it, the staff always remember me, the service quality is good, the beds nice and overall it is great value for money

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RiceyTraveller
Reviewed August 4, 2012

As I enetered the hotel, I was stunned by the ceiling and wall paintings at the lobby... It was awesome! Elizabethan period! Great lobby!!! Perfect location - It's a stone throw away from the famous Ayala Mall Cebu:) and i love the daily breakfast selection!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank byahero888
Reviewed August 4, 2012

After spending a horrid time at the regency towers, which was close to chong hua hospital awaiting the birth of my son, I transferred to the hotel Elizabeth after reading the reviews on trip advisor, and they were not wrong, this hotel is awesome from the time you pull up out the front you can tell that this hotel is all about being classy, wonderful reception staff helpful with any needs, wonderful room service with excellent food, breakfast was amazing, the rooms extremely clean warm and inviting, only down side no shower gels or shampoo, fantastic gym which nobody seems to use, and on my last day I neede a 3am wake up which was done promptly and with no fuss and as I walked out the door a packed breakfast , being treated this way was the cherry on top!!! As they say do your self a huge favour when in Cebu use this wonderful hotel

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrprince
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was our first hotel in our 2 week stay in Cebu. The hotel had a great breakfast with anything to eat and a chef to cook an egg omelete or egg item. The staff was very helpful. Every morning this one guy would always come fill my water bottle and glass with the cucumber water that I loved.The rooms were clean, safe, and comfortable. It was in the heart of city. We took walks each way from the Hotel. The mall was 1 block over.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better view. Mountains in the background. We were on the street side view. v...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte272
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I mentioned on my first impression review that ill come back and provide another feedback after our stay. SO As promised, here you go.. Will keep this short and sweet.

Staff were very accommodating. the rooms were spaces and clean and furnitures were very functional, i can say those were the best rooms we can have for our wedding preparation.
With more people coming in of our rooms, the hotel didnt mind at all, they continue to accommodate even our guests.

the breakfast buffet were very yummy.. a lot of choices too..

All in all, it was the best 2 days stay we had. even if we really didnt get to enjoy our honeymoon there, it was nice to know that our entourage were very comfortable when they went to prepare themselves for the ceremony

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family