“good location in the old town area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location

Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Cebu City
Shanghai, China
“good location in the old town area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

just located in the old town, near to the historial building,charch etc.
the room is clear, the air conditions are noisy.
only the ground outside is not good, some waifs are around,ask for money or food.

Room Tip: closed to historial building and charch.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank elane z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sampaguita Suites has an ideal location, it's just a stone's throw away from famous Cebu landmarks, the Magellan's Cross and Basilica del Sto. Nino church. Just a few steps is the Fort San Pedro, the Heritage of Cebu Monument, and a Shamrock store where you can buy all the famous Cebuano goodies/pasalubong (otap, barquillos, dried mangoes,etc) to your heart's content. And if you really love walking as much as I do, you can just walk to see the Museo de Sugbu (about 2km from Fort San Pedro). A 24-hour convenience store, a grocery store, bakery, souvenir shop, fastfood chains are all within walking distance from the hotel. The room that we had was just basic but clean and comfortable. They have a dining area at the 2nd floor (with free wi-fi) which serves Filipino dishes. I only got to try their breakfast meal and was particularly fond of the homemade longganisa. What I liked most about the hotel is the friendliness and courteousness of the staff, they are always ready to assist you. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RamblingRunner
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days and 3 nights and I must say I was very satisfied with their service. Guards and hotel staff whom I mostly able to talk to were very courteous and friendly. Even at the wee hours of the morning, they pretty much look like they are working on a day shift. I just stayed on a standard room (below $20 conversion from peso) because of a tight budget being it just a unofficial business trip for me. What even wowed me is their efficiency in reservation. I booked (actually someone from Cebu booked for me) 3-4 weeks ahead (because i already anticipated the overflow of visitors in Cebu because of the Triathlon event), the morning of the date i was about to check in, they text me confirming my reservation and i just said yes but will have a late check in.. around 4 pm, i text them again to inform i wouldn't make the initial 6pm time i said i will check in and will instead be there at 8pm. they only said ok and they simply trusted me.. imagine if i just did not show up (but that's not my nature).. =) all these without me paying any reservation fees.

I even had a massage (just add Php50 to have the massage done in your room) and was satisfied with it. Not too great yet not too bad. As i've said, this hotel is worth every peso you pay for =)

As for what i just felt uncomfortable with are the ff:

1. Pillow. It was too low for me and not too soft. It was like i had now pillow at all.. I hope they read this and replace their pillows with a comfortable one. I'm sleep ok even if with 1 pillow only.. as long as it is comfortable..

2. Towels. They'll provide you with only 1 towel.. They'll already charge you Php50 for your next towel if you request it. Since i stayed there for 3 nights, i more or less took a bath 5 times.. imagine the towel being room dried for 3 nights.. :(

3. Lights. I don't know with other rooms but my room (at the top most floor) did not have a light near the corner where my cabinet is. thus i needed to use the light of my cellphone just to look for something inside.. i would have gladly traded the lamp light above the headboard of my bed to that certain corner where the cabinet is..

4. Window. I was like inside a jail. there was a small window but i could only see what's outside if i step on my bed.. therefore what the hell is that very small window doing there?? i wouldn't mind a not so nice view as long as it was at least my eye level though..

However, despite the issues I mentioned above, i'd give this budget hotel a chance. i'd even come back next year. therefore i still gave them a very good rating. there's a mini grocery, convenience store, tourist spots like magellan's cross, 24hr fast food chain, souvenir shop and a (surprisingly) very quiet environment specially at night. imagine it was only 8pm and the feeling outside the hotel was already like 2am.. it was weird for me considering it was at the downtown area and just 2 or 3 streets apart is a very busy colon st..

I just hope management read's this and hopefully they put me in a room where there's good lighting, a window, comfortable pillow and extra towel =)

Room Tip: I haven't really seen the other rooms but based on the inconveniences i mentioned above, just as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JamilBuergo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during the Aug'13 IronMan 70.3 Cebu, Philippines. Although the hotel is a good 30-45 minute travel to/from the race site at Mactan, Shangrila (depending on traffic conditions), the hotel is a short 5 minutes walk to Santo Niño Church, Island Souvenir shop, grocery store, McDonalds, and Mang Inasal restaurants. Hotel has wifi at front lobby and 2/f dining area. Room has cable television and descent toilet and bath. You can also avail of massage services for a cheap PhP 300 full body for 1 hour. You can also order your favorite Filipino dish for breakfast and lunch/ dinner for about PhP 100. Most of all, customer service is excellent. All are always there to make your stay as pleasant and memorable as possible!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank gilperezinsingapore
Nha Trang, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed her in the past and it is not a bad place for the price. However, this time I booked on line at their web site and when I received my confirmation, in it, it said the 30% booking is not refundable (of course I did not read the fine print). I had booked for 3 nights and I had to leave early and only stayed one night and the booking company kept the deposit. Book through one of the major booking companies and not through the hotel. Or better yet, there are many hotels in that price range and stay at one of them. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank GaryWW_11
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's a good hotel and in good location.We were there from July 12-15. Very accessible and everything you need are only steps away. Staffs were very attentive and smart. There's a lot of better hotels/inns around, but if you're not a "picky" type, you will fit here. I did fit here because i love walking around, exploring the city streets rather than commuting (you will not see the whole thing if you are inside the jeep). Definitely i will always come back to this hotel if time permits (hehe).

Suggestion/s:
1. Provide any brochures so that guest/s will know where else they can go.
2. A city map so guest/s will know which way to go.
3. Magazine also.

I saw the travel and tours in the corner. But i think, there are some guests who just want to go by themselves rather than paying extra for a tour. Anyway, that is only my own suggestions.

Thank you Sampaguita Suites!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DAQV
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything was just average. But I gave them a slightly higher rating thanks to the very good manner and attitude of the staffs there. The safeguard always helped us open the door when we stepped in and out (not something we expected from a budget hotel). The receptionists always greeted us with their great smiles. Even the cleaner on my level said 'good morning, sir/madam' in every morning.
Location wasn't that great.
Room was ok, but need some renovation soon.

Room Tip: It surprised us that online booking rate through website like asiaroom.com was actually HIGHER then...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends