Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia
Hotel Fortuna(Cebu City)
  • Restaurant
Alemar Budgetel(Cebu City)
  • Breakfast included
GV Tower Hotel(Cebu City)
View Hotel
J L Suites Cebu(Cebu Island)
  • Free Internet
Casa Amigo(Cebu City)
View Hotel
All reviewsmagellan's crossnino churchplaza independenciasouvenir shopbudget hotelmang inasalaa bbqmetropolitan cathedralbasilica del stowalking distancetourist spotshour mcdonaldscarbon marketmc donaldsincidental depositled tvhot and cold shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Booked a reservation online for 3 nights but the front desk had no record of booking. Took 20 minutes before they located the reservation and took me to my room.
Stayed in matrimonial room for 900 pesos. Hotel is very near to Magellan's cross and many malls. I was on the 6th floor and the water pressure was extremely low in the shower, maybe it is better on the lower levels. Room was very dusty and i had to wipe up the dust with the bath towel, i asked for an extra towel and they said 50 pesos more. Oh well, I used the bed sheet to dry off after the shower.
When I booked online there was a prominent ad on their website for a 15 minute free promo massage. Upon checkin I asked for my free massage and they said it is no longer available. I was told it ended last month, even though the promo is still on the front page of the website as of this day. Classic false advertising in the philippines.
Hotel does have good aircon and skycable. However I wont ever stay here again due to blatant false advertising on their website.

2  Thank TravelerJoe77
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for sending your comment about our hotel. We investigated the matter after reading your review. According to our supervisor, your booking was a last minute reservation- which took front desk some time before your reservation was found. We apologize for that inconvenience,

You were booked at a Standard Matrimonial Room but since there was no available room at that time, you were given a Family Room which is bigger and provides for 3 towels on each bed.

If the room was dusty and had low water pressure, We would've obliged to transfer you someplace better if we were only advised. Just the same, we have already informed Housekeeping about this mishap.

With regards to the spa promo, we apologize for not pulling out the promo on time. We have informed our website coordinator to update all information on the site.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the sad experience. We will make the necessary changes for the sake of our other guests and thank you for informing us about this. We hope that you will reconsider your decision and change your mind about our hotel when you come back to Cebu.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

while we were staying here, they are doing renovations and the paint smell was very strong. they dont have any other family room so we have no choice but to stay there. but the next day, the paint smell was already gone. i think they were finishing up when we got there. i dont know about the other reviewers but our room had hot shower.
i chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Oceanjet pier, the Fort, Cross, cathedral and ancestral homes. what i dont like maybe is the lack of eating places at night. shops close around 7pm. only found the AA BBQ to be open late. after having dinner here, walk to the cathedral as they are more beautiful at night as all the lights are open.
i found this place safe amidst the touts near the Cross. there is ample street lighting.
taxis are available even in the wee hours. taxi from Cebu-Mactan Int'l airport can cost you 200 pesos with minimal traffic.

Room Tip: If coming from the Oceanjet pier (pier 1), you can walk through the park for 10 mins to get to the hotel since taxis contract as much as 150 pesos to the hotel. metered ones can cost you only 60 pesos max.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are sorry about the paint smell but we do our best to maintain our hotel and keep it spic and span. Our location is our better asset which is more than we could say about our friendly staff. Its sad that you haven't stayed long enough to experience it.

We look forward to hearing from you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I belong to pacman's hometown gensan. Happen to have an overnight stay @ sampaguita suites near sto. Niño church. Since I was alone, I was looking for a single room. Bt there was no available at that time so I booked for what they call a family standard room. Good for 3 pax.. It has 2 beds. The bed is king size plus another one small bed. The c.r is small but clean. Their
toiletries are just a small soap and tissue. They also provide towel..They have coffee shop at the second floor. Which also serves food.. Prices are affordable. Hotel rate is also very reasonable.. All in all, my stay was great and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again when you come back to Cebu!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Looks like a motel/ inn. There's no hot water in the shower. The rate was low but just a place to sleep in, ideal for backpackers. The location is great coz it's near the tourist spot , Magellan's cross and sto.Nino basilica. Just walking distance. That's why i chose to stay here coz of the location and rate, but i didn't know that the facilities were incomplete, like the heater in shower which i always look for in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank truffles101010
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are so sorry that having unpleasant experience with the hot shower in your room. You could have requested for a room transfer which we would have willingly obliged. We hope that you do not get discouraged into coming back to our hotel.

We will make sure that the room you slept in will be inspected especially the hot shower.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am a frequent traveller because of the nature of my business that requires projects to be done in different parts of the country. As such I normally scout for budget hotels or accommodations and more often than not I get disappointed either on the facilities or the service. Then the first time I tried sampaguita suites a couple of years ago because of its proximity to sto niño church, I kept coming back to the same hotel not only because of its location but because of the excellent friendly service that will make anyone feel at home. For those who have not been to sampaguita suites near sto niño church I strongly recommend to try and prove it yourself the experience of being home away from home!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the 6t h floor so that the church is overlooking
1  Thank Fil A
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for mentioning the words, "home away from home". You are so kind to give compliments not only to the nice location of our hotel but most especially for giving importance to our hardworking hotel staff who are most deserving of these praises. We really appreciate you coming to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.