All reviewsmagellan's crossbudget hotelmang inasalmetropolitan cathedralbasilica del stowalking distancehour mcdonaldscarbon marketstone's throwincidental depositneeds renovationcity tourperfect place to staystrategic locationstayed for nightsmangonino
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Looks like a motel/ inn. There's no hot water in the shower. The rate was low but just a place to sleep in, ideal for backpackers. The location is great coz it's near the tourist spot , Magellan's cross and sto.Nino basilica. Just walking distance. That's why i chose to stay here coz of the location and rate, but i didn't know that the facilities were incomplete, like the heater in shower which i always look for in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank truffles101010
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are so sorry that having unpleasant experience with the hot shower in your room. You could have requested for a room transfer which we would have willingly obliged. We hope that you do not get discouraged into coming back to our hotel.

We will make sure that the room you slept in will be inspected especially the hot shower.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am a frequent traveller because of the nature of my business that requires projects to be done in different parts of the country. As such I normally scout for budget hotels or accommodations and more often than not I get disappointed either on the facilities or the service. Then the first time I tried sampaguita suites a couple of years ago because of its proximity to sto niño church, I kept coming back to the same hotel not only because of its location but because of the excellent friendly service that will make anyone feel at home. For those who have not been to sampaguita suites near sto niño church I strongly recommend to try and prove it yourself the experience of being home away from home!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the 6t h floor so that the church is overlooking
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fil A
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for mentioning the words, "home away from home". You are so kind to give compliments not only to the nice location of our hotel but most especially for giving importance to our hardworking hotel staff who are most deserving of these praises. We really appreciate you coming to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We came to Cebu from Negros on a business/pleasure trip and a friend recommended us to stay at Sampaguita Suites Plaza Garcia. Located just at the center of the city, transportation was not an issue coming to and fro from the pier to the hotel (which is quite near actually). at first we were a little bit concerned about the location, as it is in the colon area. but that was quickly pacified once we were there. we were greeted by the warm welcome of the staff (even the security guard was in high spirits considering it was late evening), no delay in checking in and once we were in our room, it was clean and didn't have that hostel smell that you would expect even with the air conditioning on. sheets were clean, bathroom was spick and span and well stocked. the room-boy James i think was his name, was accommodating even offered us extra pillows as my wife wanted one more pillow over her head. overall, our stay in Sampaguita was great. we had to leave early the next day as our boat was to leave early, but that one night we were there in Sampaguita has a lasting impression on us. on our next trip back, we will be staying in Sampaguita definitely. Kudos Plaza Garcia on the excellent service and for the comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jesse M
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your very pleasing and heartwarming remarks. It makes us happy to hear that you had a very satisfying stay at our hotel. We hope to hear from you soon. Please share your experience to your friends. Thank you and we're looking forward to seeing you when you come back to Cebu. God bless.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been in Cebu city very often due to business trips hence i'm pretty familiar already with almost all cebu city landmarks. So when my family went on vacation for a 4D/3N in bohol this April 2012, I have decided to book a flight out in Cebu and will just stay for one night before our flight back to manila. That would also give us enough time not only to buy some pasalubong but also for my family members to visit for the first time some historic places like the magellan's cross and the sto. nino cathedral church. That's why, I chose to stay in Sampaguita suites which is very near in the said historic places. When we got in cebu thru a ferry ride from bohol, it only took us around 5 minutes drive from the cebu pier to the hotel. Finding a cab at the hotel is not a problem also. It's a short ride to and from the osmena circle and tabuan market where we bought pasalubong. An Island Souvenir shop is also located just beside the hotel. Two supermarkets are located in front of the hotel where we did buy groceries during our short stay. The hotel staff are friendly and courteous. The barkada room we stayed in was just fine to rest at for a night except that it has no hot shower and the wifi access is only limited at the lobby area. The breakfast food we ordered from their restaurant are very good and with reasonable price. Overall, my family was satisfied enough just to stay overnight in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank capricorn310959
Manuel P, Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you so much for giving a fair review on our hotel. We hope that we can serve you and your family again soon when you come back to Cebu. The hotel and our staff would be more than willing to assist you with your every need. Thank you and God bless

Reviewed April 4, 2012

It was just an overnight stay for an early morning Oslob trip the next day. I chose the hotel because it was right beside the Basilica. I was thinking it's location will save us time since we were rushing to fill in so many things to do in such a short time. Yes, the hotel is cheap and you get what your money's worth. I would however pay a lot more so I'd feel safer and secured in my accomodation. I feel the area in itself is creepy especially at night. And my anxiety spurred when the little girl trying to sell us keychains at the front of the hotel, told us to watch our bags as there are snatchers around. I guess she threatened us because she couldn't get us to buy keychains, though I really felt we were going to get robbed that night. And then we realized that the room window had no lock! Anybody could have climbed up the window and scurried away our stuff. I didn't get to sleep at all because I was watching the window the whole night. Basic hotel, overnight stay only, if I would need more nights, I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: get a room without windows. I am assuming all windows don't have locks
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank memeni
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel from your recent stay. We appreciate that you gave recognition to our very affordable room rates and strategic location. However, we greatly apologize for your sad experience with the vendors outside the hotel.

Though we have addressed this concern to the local government so many times and coordinated with the authorities, these people just keep on coming back and hound our guests to the point of being a nuisance, bothersome and then ultimately detrimental to the reputation of our hotel.

We sure hope that the local government will finally look into this recurring problem of our guests as it also affects the tourism situation in the area.

Meantime while waiting for the authorities to respond, the best that we can do is secure our guests within the hotel premises and then advise them to take good care of themselves outside.

As for the window locks, we have looked into your concern on the matter and have addressed this situation to management.

We can assure you though that the absence of window locks in your room window is an isolated case. Also, our building is not designed to be easily accessed by intruders from the emergency exits and windows. And we have a uniformed guard safeguarding the whole building for added security.

Thank you.