“Very Good Experience”

Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Perth
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Everything in general offered us a very good experience, from the room to the service and definitely the buffet (which I highly recommend @ approx 1050 peso's net). I would normally stay at the Marriott hotel when in Cebu, but now I will be staying at the Radisson.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lostinperth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu is just a pleasure to stay at. Although the Hotel is not in the most central location, it is definitely worth staying here.

The first impression is just overwhelming. The Hotel features one of these "grand lobby's" you not often see anymore in new hotels. The service is superb: friendly staff that seem to be happy working here. Then the rooms: I was given a vary spacious suite overlooking the Cebu container terminal (lots of action going on). Spacious working desk and very fast (and free) internet access.

Despite the hotel having only one restaurant, the buffet offers a great variety with various cuisines to choose from. The home-baked breads and freshly made pasta's are very tasty!

All in all, definitely a hotel I would recommend for both business and leisure travelers!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank cr0c0dile
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Brand new with great service. No resemblance to the modest SAS Radisson hotel I tried in Helsinki .... Cebu's Radisson Blu has a palatial lobby, clean and modern lines everywhere, stylish rooms, a five-star feel.

Our trip started with a bothersome glitch .... our nonsmoking deluxe room reeked of cigarette smoke and even had cigarette burns on the bedside table. (A recent guest must have smoked on the sly, we were told.) After two attempts to purify the air and freshen up the room, the hotel management upgraded us to a "business class" room, which was bigger (over 40 sq m, we were told), had three windows and a corner location overlooking the Opon Channel and Mactan island (OK. also the container port, which was fun to watch), and finally had that wonderful fresh-new "hotel smell". The duty manager (I think his name was Digger?) and his housekeeping staff handled the problem very well .... indeed, delightfully.

The room also had lots of storage space, a spacious working desk, a comfy king-sized bed, and bright, cheerful lighting. No tub, but that's a plus for us (we prefer a shower stall anytime). Although our 5th floor room overlooked a traffic-choked road fronting the container port, the noise was muffled and didn't bother us in the least.

The kids enjoyed the pool, with its ball-shaped fountain fish (statues, that is) and its twisty design (lots of "corners" and nooks). The hotel staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful .... efficient, too (considering it's a newly opened hotel).

Not all the finishing touches are in place .... there was still some landscaping work going on (the newly planted palm trees in the pool and garden area looked a little runty, but should look good in a few months), some walkways were being repaired, and a few floors weren't opened yet. The gym looked great, and the main coffee shop/restaurant looked grand and inviting with a full poolside view (unfortunately we didn't have the chance to eat there and try the food).

The location isn't too central ---- not quite downtown --- but it was very convenient to be across the street from the SM City Mall. (The hotel claims to have a "walkway" to the mall, but that's not quite accurate .... you have to go down a short stairway from the lobby and then cross a narrow street .... only part of the path is shaded, but we were pleased to see a security guard standing by with three or four umbrellas lined up, ready for action in case it rained. Now, that's service!)

All in all, an enjoyable stay.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank wingdaddy
Manila
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My experience with the newest 5 star hotel in the Philippines was perfect at the beginning: Nashreen, the sales executive, made my reservation and even scheduled a lunch/dinner meeting with me and her boss. The hotel is beautiful and near to almost everything: airport, seaport, big mall, etc. The room and the amenities can rival the best in Cebu City. The food is great, and waiters like, Aaron, will make you feel that you are a valued guest; and so with a staff from housekeeping by the name of Tess Zarate, who was very accommodating with my requests. The gym has just the right equipment. The pool also has that alluring look from your window that taking a dip becomes a very pleasant experience.

But, nothing is perfect.

The staff at the reception gave me very different messages on whether I can have a late check out, which I have pre-arranged when I made my reservation. When I told a certain Clair that I am leaving at 8:15 pm, she 'accepted' it as it is and even asked me what time I will be needing the transfer, I told her 8:15. Then I went to my room.

At 12:00 noon, a lady called me up from the business office asking me whether I will be extending my stay since 12 is their check-out time. I told her I had a pre-arranged request for a late check out. She didn't bother to call be back again,

I was worried. I called reception, asking why somebody would remind me of a 12 noon check out time, and the desk clerk told me it's 5:00 pm, but he will check. After a while, Clair called up and said it's 6:00 pm!!!!!

A very new hotel doesn't even have on line information of the status of their guest.

Apart from this front desk experience, I still would recommend this hotel for a 'new' experience. But I will have to go back to my reliable hotel in Cebu. It's also near a huge shopping mall but people there know what time a guest is leaving.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank frndshpc
doha
Reviewed October 19, 2010

For a one night and two day stay- we experienced fantastic personalized service. hotel staff were proactive and helpful at all times from its GM to the security guards. the room was so clean,and had excellent amenities. Slept very well in their firm and comfortable bed. contrary to usual norm where breakfast is served only at an outlet- breakfast entitlement could be served in the room!!! that is what i call- customerservice orientation. great hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#6 of 90 in Cebu City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!