“WOW - EXCELLENCE IN ALL ASPECTS DESPITE EARTHQUAKE”
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu and found the hotel of truly international standards, Staff was par excellence, very friendly, welcoming and ever smiling and ready to assist. I was staying at the hotel on the 9th floor when the earthquake struck. i have never seen a better organised and trained staff anywhere else during my stay with various other hotel chains. 100% safe evacuation, keeping all guests updated timely on all developments, non stop flow of food and beverages through the day and night, medical services on site and ever smiling and comforting staff right through. hats off to the General manager and his team. keep up the wonderful work. I would recommend all to stay only at this hotel when travelling to Cebu. I think Radisson hotels world wide would be the best option to stay after my experience at Cebu

2  Thank VISHAL1111
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are truly delighted to know that through the efforts of our team members, you felt what real hospitality is all about, despite challenging times. We are honored to have been of service to you during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I arrived in Cebu Mactan International Airport and right after collecting my luggage saw a group of hotel staff with smiling faces waiting to receive us. Our registration and room numbers were assigned even before we reached the hotel. That was an amazing experience. Reached the hotel and again greeted by hotel staff that was full of passion with a smile reflecting genuine service delivery with care. Stayed in this beautiful hotel for 4 nights (13th Oct – 16th Oct) and experienced the immaculate service, care and smiles from the staff members. On October 15th at around 0812 hours an earthquake hit the city of Bohol approximately 60 KM from Cebu, this had an enormous impact on the hotel. I was in my room and within a short period heard the evacuation announcement from the PA system. While I was evacuating I saw staff members were helping and guiding the guests towards the evacuation area. What impressed me is that during a crisis situation of this magnitude staff members were calm and doing their duties professionally. In the evacuation area every guests were given waters and towels – a perfect example of service delivery in details even in a crisis situation. At a later stage we were taken to the swimming pool area and I was surprised to see staff started rolling out tables, chairs, food, water, slippers etc for the guests. Staff members of the hotel were serving guests with their usual smiles. All the guests were given constant updates throughout the day about the status of the hotel and its surrounding areas. A hospitality desk was set up for all inquiries and for arranging flight departures etc. Though the aftershocks were continuing I decided to sleep in my room. I felt that I would be safest at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu during this natural calamity. I have stayed in many hotels in various parts of the world but I have never experienced such great care and services. My heartfelt thanks to Mr. Lyle Lewis and his team for such an outstanding service and genuine hospitality. ALL THE STAFF MEMBERS OF RADISSON BLU HOTEL CEBU TAUGHT US WHAT IS CALLED SERVICE EXCELLENCE AND GENUINE HOSPITALITY. I am glad that the hotel had minor damages and it is up and running. In my opinion service excellence of this hotel crossed any globally recognized service ratings.

3  Thank Saeed A

A heartfelt thanks for sharing your experience during your last stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. It gives us such great joy to know that our guests truly felt safe and cared for in the midst of a challenging situation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cebu in the near future!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was recently staying at the Radisson Blu Cebu last week for a conference, amidst one of the worst earthquake scares in recent times. The Radisson team rebounded superbly and the teamwork experienced was second to none as they placed the safety and security of each guest with paramount importance.

Each team member was able to 'make their mark' through their caring and solution focused mindsets even in the face of adversity.

Cudo's to the management of the hotel for developing such a devoted and dedicated team.

I look forward to my next trip to Cebu in the not too distant future! :)

1  Thank Peter L

Thank you very much for sharing your "superb" stay experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are honored to have been given the opportunity to be of service during such challenging times. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cebu in the not too distant future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

i was at a conference before the earthquake struck and enjoyed my stay in the business room i was allocated. appreciated the reliable and free wifi, happy with room cleanliness and facilities. the lounge was spacious and the staff very pleasant - enjoyed the drinks and snacks the one evening i was there. it was also good to be next to the mall as i had to get some stuff for my wife before i left.
very impressed to read about how the staff coped with the earthquake - i hope that cebu and bohol recover quickly from this natural disaster

2  Thank ChubbyHubby

Thank you very much for your 5-star review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you had an excellent stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was also staying at the Radisson Blu, Cebu when the earthquake struck on the morning of the 15th October. Living in Japan for the last 6 years I'm unfortunately used to earthquakes & tremors.

Apart from the hotel being a top class 5 star property with excellent facilities & modern spacious rooms, the real stand out were the staff. Evacuting the hotel quickly within minutes of the earthquake, all done with a smile & showing for our wellbeing before their own. Within 1 hour we were provided food & drinks, chairs to sit on & umbrella's to keep us in the shade.

I really can't say enough for the excellent way the hotel & all the staff handled this difficult situation.

Well done to all of the Radisson Blu, Cebu management & staff. I hope to return under better circumstances in the near future.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet was amazing, so many choices. Great way to start the day
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we are truly delighted to have been of service to you. Glad to know that you are pleased with how the team handled the situation and stepped up to attend to guest needs despite the incident. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was a part of a conference during the period Cebu experienced the worst earthquake in recent times. It was a indeed very scary but the way the Hotel staff expressed calmness and composure it was truly incredible. No Star rating is enough to salute the conviction of each and every member of this hotel who were real bravehearts.
I must Congratulate Lyle and his team for being such a support in dealing with our emotional aspects apart from the great service which was perpetual inspite of such a natural disaster.
Hats off to each and everyone of you !!!!!

2  Thank AyonBhattacharya

Thank you very much for your sharing your one-of-a-kind experience during your last stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. The whole team is honored to have served you and we look forward to your next visit soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here last June. A little bit delayed checking in our room but it was well worth it. The place is immaculate. We felt very safe and the location is perfect. We even got upgraded. We got to hang out at the lobby bar.
The pool is good sized.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your last stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to have been able to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#6 of 91 in Cebu City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!