“ok but for the following”
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Cebu City
philippines
“ok but for the following”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Huge lobby is what will greet you as you enter. Plenty of hotel staffs that will greet you. At the door, as you go to the front desk, there is also someone at the elevator area. I had no problems during check in. The room was cold, but the two bed type uses twin beds.for such a hotel, i would have expected that these would be at least a double room. Marriott is two double beds, while marco polo uses a queen and a twin, just for comparison.

The bathroom is nice, although it does not have either a towel bar or a towel rack. The towel bar is the handle to the shower enclosure. Room service needs improvement. As i stayed for several nights, ii had to call up front desk when i returned to the room at around 4pm to find out the room was not cleaned even though the make up room sign was switched on. Also, housekeeping needs to be thorough. As i pushed to join the twin bed together, the bed i pushed exposed an empty "for adult" wrapper, obviously from a previous occupant. I picked it up and threw it in the trash rather than letting my child see the used TR_J_N wrapper.

The pool is one wading pool, the deepest part was barely 4ft. By 5pm, mosquitos become active. They need to spray their green surroundings. The gym is nice and spacious. I love it that they also have the trx straps aside from all the regular gym equipments. The restaurant was very nice, although i was disappointed with their pasta section. Bland and fast food taste because it was served in chafing dishes. I prefer the pasta to be cooked as you order.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank al22tecc
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear a122tec,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your last stay. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced in the room. The housekeeping staff have a checklist to follow when cleaning rooms to ensure that every area is thoroughly cleaned. Please be assured that the incident is an isolated case and that all of the staff have been reminded to adhere to this list. The hotel conducts regular fogging sessions on a monthly basis to ensure that the presence of mosquitoes in public areas are minimized. Should you have further concerns, please feel free to contact the hotel directly by sending an email to me at rrellon@radisson.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two layovers, in between my flights to Siargao. Rooms were ok facing the ports. My first stay was for three hours. Second stay was for six hours. The hotel is right next door to SM mall, 15 min to Olio, a really good restaurant at Crossroad mall and 1300 php round trip by hotel car. Also about 15-20 min to Anzani- another good restaurant. This is a perfectly fine hotel for short stays I didn't want to spend more $ at Shang or Abaca.
Only issue was that front desk staff are pretty clueless. Ie I gave the front desk lady my passport and amex to check in, then asked the staff next to her to book Olio and Anzani for me. 5 min later she was still holding onto my card and did not check me in.
While checking out the front desk staff did not know about my hotel car charge of php1300. I had to tell her for it to be charged. She also asked me about my second room. And I had to tell her she is probably looking at the room I stayed in four nights ago.
In sum, ok for a short cheap stay.

Dear Anilegna,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you find our product to be suitable for your needs. We are currently improving our training for our front office staff to ensure better and faster service on your next stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Montmagny, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice hotel, great room, food is ok, spectacular lobby and friendly staff, Mid way to the old town and the beach, In a a parking lot, but you don't feel it in the hotel, nice pool, next to the shopping mall, Nice spas and great gym.

Room Tip: I take a room on Internet, one of the best price for this type of hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cybchef
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. Free Internet is one of the key services that you find throughout the hotel and in all other Radisson Blu Hotels throughout the world. We hope to welcome you back to Cebu soon.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights. The place was nice! Nice room, nice bathroom, nice function room, nice food...staff were all nice. The hotel was just adjacent to sm department store, just infront of the lechon store. Will definitely recommend this hotel. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zeny A, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure having you with us. We do hope you can come back to Cebu soon!

-Zeny, Assistant Executive Manager
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and family stayed at this hotel for 4days. The hotel facilities are everything I would expect at any 5-star hotels. But service wise Radisson Blu Cebu falls very behind compared to other 5star hotels i've stayed like Grand Hyatt Singapore, Hyatt Regency HongKong, Sofitel Saigon, Park Plaza Beijing, Bellevue Hotel Bohol, Makati Shangrila and Shangrila Mactan

The first day we were at the hotel by the pool, my daughter ordered a brownie with ice cream which took 20mins to arrive. The 2nd day we were at the pool again, my coffee took at least 30mins to arrive only to tell me that the server spilled my coffee and she will be changing it, which again takes 10mins more of waiting. The 3rd day, we had lunch by the pool and it took my husband to call out 3 different attendants to clear out the dishes at our table which they never did so my husband juz left and transferred to another table.

For the duration of our stay, we had buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant Feria. From what i observed, this restaurant fails big time in service and the servers lack some attention to detail. We have to tell the server three times for coffee before it was served, twice again for water. And when they serve the coffee, they pour coffee to two people only even though their were 3adults in our table and he never asked the 3rd adult if he wanted coffee or not. The same with water, the server didnt even bother to bring water glass since there were only 2 glasses on the table and seeing that there were 4 persons in the table and he juz poured water to me and my husband's glass. If they were doing their job well, we don't have to tell the servers to get us more glasses , water or coffee. We dont even have to ask them to take our plate once the plate is empty. At first, we assume they were undermanned because the restaurant was full that day, but on the 2nd and 3rd day same thing happened and during these times Feria was half empty. It also took a long time for the attendants to refill empty dishes at the buffet table. The food are so-so for a 5star prices. Selection was good but quality wise it's average. No mangoes and to think this hotel is in Cebu the land of mangoes!

I'm not staying back here again. If i'm paying for a 5star hotel, i expect a 5star service.

Dear heiress29,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay, we apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We will be using the valuable information that you have shared to improve the efficiency of staff regardless of occupancy. The hotel is in the process of improving the multi-skilling efficiencies of our staff to ensure that guests' needs are attended to at all times in an effective manner.
Earth
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

couldn't handle overbooked rooms for congress, althought we fully paid for the rooms by local operators way in advance , tells guests they have no more rooms while
checking in others who came later in right under their noses. Then out of the blue one room appears , and the culturally insensitive staff tells the 2 business travelers who barely know each other to share a room as they can only release 1 room. ( I know
Pinoys are very nice n close knitted community ppl but it's just not gonna happen , we are just more private. it's almost RUDE to ask that , plus it doesn't make sense to release only one room ) . please train ur staffs properly to international standards. just becuz they are 2 men checking in together doesn't mean they should even be offered to sleep together.

6 Thank krazikai
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Krazikai,

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately at certain periods of high demand, hotels sometimes experience an overbooking situation, similar to airlines. Where this occurs, some guests are relocated to other hotels of similar standard. I regret that on this occasion this option was not acceptable and as we had one twin room available, this option was offered as a possible solution. We are happy that we were ultimately able to accommodate both guests in upgraded category rooms. We sincerely regret that this situation occurred and apologise for the inconvenience.

Lyle Lewis
General Manager - Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
Vice President - Philippines and Japan, Carlson Hotels
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were met with smiling/courteous staff upon arrival, but it took some time for us to be checked in. We were a big group and the ladies (several of them) assigned to our group seems novice. They kept on asking each other what to do next. They handed me a key card that doesn't work, so I have to go back to the front desk together with my luggage for them to reconfigurate it. Over dinner, I heard several of my friends has the same problem.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast was good. The location is away from the CBD, you definitely need a taxi to go around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hapiness168
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we are very sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay. Since your stay, we have conducted retraining for our staff, with specific focus on the skill set required to ensure a smooth check-in and check-out process. Should you have further concerns that you would like to discuss with the management team, please feel free to send it to my email at rrellon@radisson.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#5 of 89 in Cebu City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!