“Radisson Cebu - Superb!!”
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here just last week, 23-Feb, and no wonder why this hotel is #1 on TripAdvisor. Great customer service from their staffs from the point of check-in to check-out.. really Philippine hospitality at its finest. Room is spacious and clean and tastefully decorated.. with free complimentary wifi access throughout the duration of your stays. The hotel is also of close proximity to major landmarks. Just beside it is the SM Mall where you can spend some time for shopping or dining, or where you can easily take a taxi or jeepney to reach other Cebu's major landmarks and tourist spots. Island-hop to Bohol?.. no worries as the ferry terminal is just a few minutes drive away that you can even reach it by foot if you want to. And last but not the least.. as what most of the reviewers had already mentioned here.. the buffet breakfast is SUPERB!!

One minor concern though is the vehicular noise if your room happens to be the one facing the busy road along the hotel. But overall.. everything about this hotel exceeds my expectations.. and will definitely be coming back in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not facing the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ILuvTravel713
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear ILuvTravel713,

Your comments and positive review is valuable to us and I thank you for taking the time to write of your experience. Hopefully your travel plans will bring you back to Cebu and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu, Cebu.

Vice President - Philippines and Japan, Carlson Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (3,590)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Its a city hotel and is a good location to travel around. SM mall is just next door so you are not bored. Hotel is pricy but good service. We arranged tours to Bohol and Cebu city, it was good but expensive, guess getting from a tour agent would have been cheaper. Room had all a traveller would want. No complaints.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dimashi S
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Dimashi S,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson Blu. My room, a corner unit, was spatious, clean and modern with a very good bed. Unfortunately, the surrounding of the hotel was noisy with these very busy roads along the hotel. The windows of the rooms seemed to be single layered hence the noise of traffic waking me up at night. As for the food, I've found the breakfast way too expensive especially if you're a light morning eater like me. The room service and food in general was disappointing for a luxury hotel like the Radisson Blu. I ordered several times from my room a simple caesar salad and they messed up almost every time my order (one time they put anchovies in my caesar salad, another time blue cheese, then they forgot to put any cheese, etc etc). I also had a pizza, and it was not very good either wich is disappointing considering the chef is italian...
I really hope they will do someting about the quality of the food and the way they prepare it...
That said, i was very impressed with the service. The waitresses and the bartenders are friendly, polite and professional, always smiling, they're making you feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jasperzzz

Dear jasperzzz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions of your stay with us.

We deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations, particularly in room service and you can be assured that we will use your comments to improve in the areas you have highlighted. In regards to your comment regarding the breakfast cost, we offer a choice of either the full international buffet or for those customers who prefer a lighter breakfast, we also offer a continental breakfast choice and I regret you were not made aware of this option. Again thank you for your comments and we looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Cebu should your travels bring you back to this part of the world.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'm extremely critical in all my reviews as Trip Advisor has served me abounds for the past 10yrs now its time to pay it forward. Well Radisson Blu has received as far as I can tell accolades from just about everyone, and I will keep it brief but i concur, I'm just hoping the price isn't doubled by the time of my next stay as we all know what corporate does when they have a winner. Absolutely a phenomenal stay, fairly priced hotel & Philippine hospitality at it's finest. They even have two hostess' one to guide you to your elevator & a second in a blue dress greeting you at the front door, wow. Beds were awesome, view was great, location was convienent to nightlife, mactan island was a $5usd cab ride, & port for ferry was 2 minutes away. Didn't have a chance to swim but pool looked nice. Room was spotless, and cleaned properly each day, NO MAID NOISE never heard them once (I sleep late). SM mall was directly across the street and has a supermarket in case you would like to save money & buy your own food. They even left some room in the mini bar fridge for your personal items. Finally I want to thank Francis at the front desk, our ferry to bohol had engine issues and was canceled. We walked to the front desk inquiring about mactan beaches he called Shangra-la for a day tour they weren't offering it due to the chinese new year, so he found another hotel right next door (movenpick) for a day package so we got to use their facilities for the day and even got a spectacular buffet lunch. Definitely went the extra mile and it was greatly appreciated. Five stars from me, and I definitely will be back. Only complaint if you want to nitpick, seems they went all out on the comfy mattress, but maybe something other than some $5 rubber pillows?? 2 hard 2 soft perhaps?? Just my 2 cents, again great stay!!

Room Tip: Tips; all the rooms seem to have decent views, my friends room was just as nice facing a different s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank SunsetInStyle
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Top notch. Customer service does not get any better.
The rest of the world should take a lesson from these guys.
Stayed 21 nights and had an amazing time.
Everyone from the front desk, pool staff, buffet gang, banquet
servers, spa ladies and my favourite ALE at the fitness centre!!!
If you are staying in Cebu and are considering staying here, you should.
You will not be disappointed. We definitely would recommend.

Oh and the pool... what a pleasant treat :-)

Room Tip: Hi up to view the pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SerenityPromise

Dear SerenityPromise,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write about us on your recent stay. We are delighted to read your comments and will share them will our team. Again thank you and I trust you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the Radisson Blu, and it met all my expectations of a Radisson hotel.

My superior room was really nice, comfortable, modern and very well equipped; including an iron and board. The included breakfast buffet was very large and offered many western and Asian foods. I would eat a large breakfast around 09:00 AM and that would allow me to eat a very lite lunch. I really liked the pool bar and watched the Super Bowl there.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is adjacent to the SM mall which was nice for shopping and eating.

If you don’t want to take chances, and want to know exactly what you will get at the hotel, you won’t go wrong with the Radisson Blu

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pazz2011

Dear pazz2011,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to review us on your recent stay. Should your traverl plans bring you back to Cebu, we trust you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you once again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in April 2012. This is a luxury hotel located in Cebu city thus it does not have a beach. But it has a small outdoor swimming pool in case you want to swim.

The room is well designed, modern, clean and luxurious. It has everything a 5 star hotel should have. However, on two occasions, we have found a cockroach in the shower. The first time, I threw it away because it was dead and the second time, it was still alive so I asked the hotel to send someone. I can only hope (for future visitors) that this is not a rampant problem.

The hotel is located right next to the SM mall where you can find anything you need, including a lot of restaurants and a supermarket. But I advise you to catch a jeepny at the jeepny station in front of SM mall that goes to the Ayala mall, which boasts a beautiful architecture and a large garden. Also, Ayala stays open until later than SM in the evening.

Buffet breakfast was included in our stay and I must say it was amazing. There were dishes from many different corners of the world and they were all delicious. It looked more like a lunch buffet than just a breakfast buffet.

So all in all, I think it's a good hotel to stay at when you are in Cebu unless you absolutely want a beachfront hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank brandtime
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Brandtime,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have noted your comments regarding the issue in the room. Please be assured that we are addressing the situation to ensure it is not repeated. We look forward to welcoming you back the Radisson Blu Cebu hopefully in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!