“We love our stay! =)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Makati, Philippines
“We love our stay! =)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Room Type: Premier Room at the 8th Floor

Check-in/Check-out: Fast Processing. It only took us 5 minutes tops. We were allowed to check-in as early as 830 AM.

Room: Lovely! It is huge and spacious. I love the layout. There are 2 LED TVs (one in the living room and one in the bedroom), 2 toilets, an Executive Writing Desk, a walk-in closet, an IPOD dock and a separate bath tub and shower. The toiletries however are a disappoint. I think they should change their provider. Also, we found our complimentary water at the bathroom, which I find weird. Usually, they're supposed to be with the coffee/tea making facilities.

Lobby: Very huge lobby and minimalist. Pretty at night. An eye-sore during mornings.

Radisson Club Lounge: Love the food served! =) Unlimited refreshments all day. Because we were really tired to come up at the 20th Floor to pick up some refreshments, we asked the hotel staff to just bring us over some water and soda. It was delivered right to our door immediately.

Feria Restaurant: Breakfast food quality is ok. Nothing to rave about. Limited variety.

Swimming Pool: Small but inviting.

Front Desk at the Lobby: Efficient and Courteous

Receptionist at the Radisson Club Lounge: I just love her! =) Friendly and Accommodating. We enjoyed the business club benefits because of her.

Concierge/Bell: Very Helpful. On-time luggage delivery

Other Hotel Staff: Accommodating and never fails to greet you.

Perks: The hotel is a 5 minute walk from SM City Cebu. There is a pathway directly linking the hotel to the said mall. Also, it is a mere 15-20 minute cab ride to/from the airport, discounting traffic.

We would definitely be back here when we visit Cebu! =)

Room Tip: Go for a Premier Room with Business Class benefits. Definitely worth it! =)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

We availed their Love Promo package for the month of February 2012(P6000/night) as we wanted to have an early check in and late check out and it also included 2 buffet breakfasts.When I made my reservations thru phone call they said early check in--not later than 10am--is the best they could guarantee but earlier than that will depend on room availability.Thankfully when we arrived at around 8am,check in was a breeze and we were whisked right to our room on the 9th floor.True to the description it was roomy(35sqm) with a big toilet and bath.The twin beds are really for 1 adult each and since we have our teenage son with us, we got an extra bed for him for an additional P2300/night which also included buffet breakfast for him.
Lobby and room interiors are modern in design...Zen-like.Concierge, helpful and alert to your needs.There's always someone to assist you at the lobby elevator doors.(I dont like the dark interior in this area)They have electronic digital key cards for your room and also for accessing the elevators thus ensuring added security.Actually, there is a security gate outside before the ramp going up the hotel to check on vehicles and security monitoring at the main door of the hotel to check your bags.
Ours was just a standard room but it was big with a desk and a sofa chair, a big flat screen TV(aside from the channel list they should have written instructions how to operate the cable TV),iron/ironing board,safe box,bathrobes,slippers,coffee/tea maker, well stocked mini-bar and lots of SHELVES,HANGERS and electric OUTLETS!Complimentary bottled water daily(you can even ask for more if needed).Complimentary Wi-Fi
I liked that there is no bathtub(which I find useless) but a roomy shower room instead.There's a hairdryer and swivelling magnified mirror while you do your make up.Toiletries included shampoo,conditioner,soap,toothbrush/toothpaste,shower cap,sewing kit and vanity kit.But there is no lotion.Just noted that toiletries were not automatically replenished daily.
The bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows and duvet.We all had good night sleep during our stay.They have reading lights beside your bed and light switches for the other lights in the room so you don't have to stand up.Ipod dock is on the night table.
Buffet breakfast was very good with several choices:Filipino, asian,international.There's even sushi available!Buffet spread was well thought of: egg station,noodle station,sushi table,salad station, cereals, cheeses,fruit juices,bread station,pastries,main dishes, pancakes, etc.I really love their freshly squeezed fruit juices and homemade ice cream! We tried their dinner buffet.You can forego this as with only a few additional main dishes they seem similar to the AM spread.
There's a big pool, a nice gym, steam room, a health spa.Right next door is SM mall where you will find several restaurants, retail stores, moviehouse,etc.A family with small kids could stay in this hotel and enjoy without even going out in the hot Cebu City metropolis!
Our late check out was 6pm and it was a breeze.
Join club carlson for redeemable points and perks on your next stay.I earned triple points this time because they have an ongoing promo!
For our short stay in Cebu, we opted for a cultural tour.We rented a Toyota Innova for 12 hours(P6000--Daijobu Rentals# [--]-- Request for Roland Tero to be your driver) and literally traced the coastal line of South Cebu to view the old churches and Spanish watchtowers along the way.On another day we also went to Danao and see the lighthouse in Liloan.Cebu City proper also has several noteworthy cultural spots. Will do a review of these later. We enjoyed Cebu differently. It's not just beaches nor whalesharks(Oslob) in Cebu!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

My family and I stay in this hotel for 6 days in February 2012. We like their tight security and walking distance to SM Mall. The tour services offered by the Concierge is well worth the money spend. We took an island hopping tour and we felt safe and protected throughout the trip. They assign 3 people to us and they are quick to attend to our needs without we even asking. The only thing that puzzle me is the lack of a bathtub in their rooms.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jenfairy
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Location
The hotel is right beside SM City Cebu and hence a delight to the shopaholics out there. Since it is beside the mall, there are many cafes, local restaurants and fastfood chains to choose from.
Hotel
The lobby of the hotel is so spacious but would better if the interior design is improved. The swimming pool also has a very wonderful design that you will be inspired to stay in the area for a long time. The Spa outlet also has a great area with good masseurs.
Room
The room we got was relatively big. The toilet and bath is also very big with ample water supply 24x7. The toiletries are complete and of good quality.
Amenities
The hotel provides almost all the amenities a traveler may need from clean towels to bottled water.
The central airconditioning was also working well which made the room very comfortable even if it was very hot outside.
Cleanliness
The room is cleaned daily and the towels and sheets are very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed here twice, on both occasions for a relatively long time, 11 days and 21 days respectively. The rooms are really lovely, great beds, great bathrooms, great facilities, including free internet. For long stays the spaciousness and luxury of the rooms makes the Radisson Blu a great place to stay.
First trip breakfast was included and the second time it was not (my choice). The breakfast spread is lavish, although I do wish they would provide baked beans on a daily basis. The evening buffet is also lavish and there is a half price deal on Tuesdays for both lunch and dinner which is astounding value but understandably gets very crowded. Quality, presentation and hygiene standards are first rate in the restaurant. Staff are friendly but can get a little rushed when busy.
Pool area is nice although if you want the sun get out in the morning the sun is behind the hotel building for much of the afternoon. The pool itself is huge and has some separate pools including one for kids.
The gym is first rate, very big lots of brand new equipment and the machines even have TVs to make your exercise time go faster. In the middle of the day its deserted so you will have it to yourself. There is also a steam room.
Location next to SM Mall is convenient. Personally I prefer the eating and supermarket options at the Ayala Malls which is just a short taxi ride away. However for general shopping and eating I am sure most people will be more than happy. it just lacks the ambiance of Ayala. There is a laundry place next to the SM supermarket entrance which is handy for long stays.
Overall I would say this is the best of the city hotels by quite a way with the only downside being its next to SM rather than Ayala for eating out.
Where this hotel really makes itself stand out is their response to customer feedback. As in any hotel there will be minor issues from time to time. For example I experienced some internet problems. The way they set about resolving this was incredible and the IT Manager called me after they had worked on it to check it had been resolved. They really mean it when they say 100% guest satisfaction guarantee, they will do their very best to resolve anything reasonable you ask. I have found this approach consistently when the relatively few and minor issues I have experienced have been raised. The staff are astoundingly friendly from housekeeping to front desk, always smiling, friendly, polite and immaculately presented.
The public areas are lovely, spacious and tasteful. No hotel is perfect but this one gets close, a great mix of top quality, value and location.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are of a high standard, ask for one with views of the Mactan Channel maybe.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alster2409
Legazpi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

The hotels' location being beside the mall is a great factor. Saves one from transportation expense and get to be entertained any moment...and enough rest when tired from walking-around the city.Their friendly staff warms up the place and enhances the lobby's design.We got a corner room and a good view of the city.The bed, bathroom, air-conditioning and other amenities,etc....NO COMPLAINTS ! Planning to bring the whole family someday soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank betchay29
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

First of all, let me start by saying that this is a good hotel, however, maybe because of the hype and its size, it fails in many aspects for me.

1. I stayed in a business class room. They mistakenly put me in a premier room. I expected a nespresso machine but there was none so i had to ask for it.

2. My wifi did not work. Credit to them it was the friendly IT manager who came in a suit to assist us. Even after tweaking the computers for an hour, we still did not have wifi. As an IT guy myself, I suggested that he change the settings of the router or just reset it. It wasnt done and we did not have wifi the whole evening. But in the morning, lo and behold, we had wifi

3. The Asira bathroom amenities were not very good, Worse was there was only one set of toiletries when we arrived, hence, I had to ask for an extra toothbrush, extra shampoo and conditioner (they had very small bottles). the soap was horrendous. I had to buy better smelling soap. Although the soap was an oatmeal soap which may have been good for the skin.

4. There is a bath tub but no bath gel?!? I had to buy foaming bath gel from SM.

5. there were two TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The cable in the bedroom did not work. I called and three, mind you, three television guys came. they crowded the bedroom. Only to say that the problem was with skycable and we did not have a TV when we went to bed.

6. They did not give me late checkout. My flight was 440 Pm and i requested to leave at 2 pm so that i can have ample time to get ready. Even if I was in a business class suite and I arrived at 5 pm the previous afternoon, this was denied. Even my request for a 1 pm checkout was also denied. This is not how one treats business class guests.

7. The breakfast buffet was extensive but the danggit was not crunchy and the bread was not at all good. However, the tapa was the best i have ever tasted and I came back for more

8. The club privilege is great, the evening cocktails provide ample drinks and snacks (there was bread, cheese, shrimps, cakes, olives, and many more). Too bad the wine I got tasted bland.

9. The location is great. Right next to SM which is a great mall. Everything you need is nearby

Room Tip: get the club room privilege. Its worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#5 of 87 in Cebu City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,099 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!