“Best city hotel experience in Cebu, except for the FO receptionists”
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila
“Best city hotel experience in Cebu, except for the FO receptionists”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Reservation:
1. Prompt reply. It was okay.

Check In:
2. We were greeted courteously by the concierge. It was a warm welcome.
3. Hotel is located close to SM, which is very convenient for a business visit.
4. Lobby was modern and chic, really nice.
5. Friendly staff, EXCEPT for FO receptionists. They were not as welcoming as everyone else in the hotel. They were stiff and you can sense that the lines they say are scripted. There was no 'passion' in hospitality. *NOTE: I am only referring to the FO staff. Really, everyone else in the hotel were friendly.

Stay:
6. Clean and decent huge room, very well designed bathroom. Nothing fancy but amenities were complete and positioning of fixtures were properly situated.
7. TV was big enough, good for watching movies.
8. Duvet didn't fail me. If I had no morning appointments, I'd sleep all day. :)
9. I loved the concept of their YES Service. I needed olive oil to wash out my make-up, and they provided. I needed more water to bring to my appointment, they provided. I wanted more amenities - they provided (which makes sense because the hotel is owned by SM, what can the hotel not provide?) :)

Food:
10. Breakfast was okay. There was a huge selection but it was relatively okay. Nothink very special but the buffet choices - value for money.

Check-out:
11. As usual, the concierge was friendly and assisted us on our needs.
12. And again, check-out was a little slow. And didn't know what credit card is :)

*Overall, we had a good experience in Radisson Blu. I will definitely stay here when I come back, and I assure that this will be recommended to family and friends :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Toni C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Hotel is great! The staffs are super friendly & helpful. We reached the hotel rather early (before check-in time) and they allowed us to check-in upon our arrival which is nice.

Room & toilet is big. Free internet access available. Checked out the gym and it's quite spacious too. It's located right nxt to Cebu City Mall and takes around 30min to the airport on a Sat afternoon.

Overall, can't find any fault at Radisson, but for the price we pay, I suppose it's expected.

1 Thank dugong78
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for a night last June with my 2-year old. We stayed in a business suite which was very spacious! There is a Nespresso machine in the room and 2 flat screen TVs. The bed was very comfortable and I had a very nice sleep in it. I love the shower area because the water drained quickly and we didn't encounter any problem with water running to other places in the bathroom. This may sound trivial but I have stayed in a number of hotels that cannot get this right. It is very irritating having to stop showering just so the water can drain out first. Location-wise, the hotel is ideal for mall junkies as it is beside the biggest mall in Cebu. It is also near the pier --- good for those who might be going off to other islands, but it doesn't really give you a nice view. As to the breakfast, eat somewhere else. The food choices are mainly catered to Filipino taste. Vegetarians and health buffs will die here. What I love though is that they use reusable bottles for the juices and jams are in big jars instead of single-serve packs/bottles. It took forever for our eggs to arrive from the egg station even if there were just about 4-5 tables occupied. The restaurant staff were unfriendly and we could hear some of them grumbling. There are also others (restaurant staff) who do not have any interest in the guests and pretend not to see you, let alone assist you.

Check-in and especially the check-out were swift and the reception staff (esp. the male one -- sorry, I forgot his name) was very good!

Room Tip: The rooms do not disappoint but skip the breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank K_travel_freak
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Finally real competition to Marriott Hotel in Cebu City has arrived in the name of the Radisson Blu. The Radisson is close to the pier and besides the SM Mall in Cebu City. It's lobby is well designed and beautiful. Rooms are your standard business class types. They were kind enough to upgrade us for free to the Business Class Superior room since we stayed there for about 2 weeks. But the room was not completely well thoughtout configuration wise, if you want to watch TV from the bed it is almost next to impossible because the TV is in the other sectioned off room. I wish hotel chains would actually spend more time getting a sense of how usable a room is. Maybe sleep in one for a night or two. It'll give you valuable information on what needs to change.

I like the fact it was beside the SM Mall because many dinning and shopping options. Being close to the pier was helpful for us because we could go get on a ship and island hop. Like we did to Bohol. The executive lounge free buffet upstairs needs improvement breakfast was not too bad but the evening buffet sucks. The same stuff every night it seemed. Marriott beats them out in this area. But was not concern about it too much because there are wonderful restaurants in the mall.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MyOneCruise_com
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I only found out that there is a Radisson property in Cebu when I searched for Cebu hotels in HotelClub. After doing a brief research, I decided to give it a try and convinced myself that it could not be a bad decision as SM City Cebu is just beside it anyway.

My stay has indeed been wonderful - and I count it as one of the best hotel stays I've ever had. The property is very new and hotel facilities are very good. I stayed in a De Luxe room and it had complete amenities - 37" LCD TV, a huge working desk, a king-sized memory foam mattress that is very relaxing and very spacious rooms.

Reception and housekeeping staff provided excellent service, and they were able to grant me late check-out till 6PM. There was also a Jazz band that played at the lobby on weekends and I found it really nice to listen to the band play a couple of familiar Jazz songs.

The stay was perfect, save for the breakfast - it's a different story. They did have a huge spread, but it was the same choices everyday! A little help on this area wouldn't harm them right? :-)

Stay here - the rates are very competitive, and you really won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank kuyajepwi
Northern Philippines
Reviewed July 20, 2011

An extremely friendly and helpful st aff from the porter who opens your taxi door,the waiters and bellmen,the pool staff and above all the staff on the front desk,especially Miguel.

Excellent rooms!

Close to Cebu's pier,S&R, SM Hypermart and above all,right acrooss the street fromgreat shopping at SM Mall.

A bit disappointed in breakfast, I ate typicall Western and my wife ate Filipino, adequate at best

Room Tip: I booked a package with an online travel company, a little cheaper than thru the hotels website
2 Thank Philippinebob
Philippines
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Duration: 4 days 3 nights
Room Type: Business Class

It was our first time to visit Cebu City so we really wanted to make our stay special. We were looking at several hotels but opted to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel because of the good reviews we read about it. Easy to locate --taxis know where it is. Check-in was a breeze. Hotel Staffs are very accommodating. Lobby is spacious. When we saw our room, right then and there we knew we made the right decision. Our room was upgraded from Deluxe to Business Class because my husband is a Carlson member. Our room is awesome! Our room is spacious and has modern interior, We have a living room and a work area (good for business travelers). There's also a powder room. My husband absolutely loves their Nespresso® coffee machine. There are two LCD TVs --- one in the living room and the other one in the bedroom. I love their iPod® docking entertainment system with alarm clock in our bedroom. Our (Bedroom) Bathroom includes bathtub,shower,digital weight scale,hair dryer and other bathroom necessities.
Our stay includes a complimentary buffet breakfast daily at Feria. Buffet breakfast was great as well. Wide variety of food selection! We also tried their complimentary cocktails served from 6pm until 730 pm. Limited selection of food and drinks but twas good as well.

One disappointment though is their internet connection -- we have wireless and lan connection but there were times when connection was slow. We didn't bother telling them because we rarely use the net. But this would be a big deal for business travelers.

Hotel location -- it's located in the city next to SM Cebu which is good because if you don't want to eat at the hotel you can just walk for less than 10 mins to go to SM. If you prefer Ayala Mall just like me you can just take a cab for Php70 or less. It's near the port area advantage for travelers taking the ferry. Bit far from the Mactan International Airport.

I'm not sure how far is it from the tourist attractions because we took cabs most of the time but it's not that far, we usually spend less than Php100 for the fare.

All in all WE were very happy with our stay in Radisson Blu Hotel. Excellent rooms, good facilities,modern design, accommodating and pleasant staff members, reasonable rates, great buffet and conveniently located besides SM. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Check their website for current promotions and offers.
3 Thank MommyMishy
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#6 of 90 in Cebu City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!