“Magnificent!”
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed June 24, 2011

A four star hotel made for good business center, and conventions! Radisson hotel is naturally a nice place for business conventions, the function rooms are separated to the other halls. and the meeting that we had is truly amazing, no interruption, good facilities used, the sound systems are high tech. plus good staffs and deligent waiters. what else you wants more? this is a good venue ever I went with my colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mindabest
Write a ReviewReviews (3,492)

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We booked this hotel in our recent stay in Cebu City because it is Radisson Blu and it's the first in the Philippines.Upon entering the hotel, one will not missed to observe its very spacious and grand lobby.I loved the high ceilings and the way the lounge chairs, sofa and even the lobby bar were situated. Check-in was done very efficiently and the front desk staff was very friendly,accommodating and polite.I have observed that all the personnels in the hotel were very courteous and smiling - another plus factor.We stayed in a deluxe room on the 17th floor and we had a very nice view of the swimming pool below.The room was very spacious and it has a very nice and modern interior.The beds were very comfortable and the pillows and linens were fresh and clean.The toilet was also spacious and very tidy. There's a complimentary wi-fi connection in all its rooms - another excellent factor for travelers like me who wants to be always connected.Room service was fast and the breakfast buffet was very appealing.It has lots of choices and variety to choose from salads, breads and pastries to fruits. We had a hearty and yummy breakfast!Before I forget , did I mention they had a very big and spacious dining area?Yes they do and I loved the spacing of the tables! By the way, the hotel is also conveniently located across a very large shopping mall-SM.We will recommend this hotel to our clients.To sum it all we had a great and excellent stay here at Radisson Blu and we will be back here next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
12  Thank Adventureonetra... R
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Radisson Blu has been my favorite city hotel in Cebu during my frequent visits to the Philippine's oldest city lately. It is just right next to the gigantic mall, SM City Cebu, whose owner also owns the hotel. If the Ayala Center Mall has Marriott adjacent to it, then SM City Cebu has Radisson. Although I prefer Ayala Center to SM, I would still choose Radisson over Marriott. I have also stayed a few times in Marriott and it pales in comparison to Radisson's grand lobby, pool, spa and of course great food. I have one complaint during one of my stays in the hotel and it was related to making up the room. The previous night I had an in-room massage using my own exotic oil so the next day I really requested my room to be made up. The night I came back to my room it still smelled of the massage oil as the beddings were not changed. I furiously relayed my disappointment to the housekeeping. Anyway I think this was a one-off experience as I previously has in-room massages before in this hotel and the next day my room was free of the oil smell.

Hotel Feature Tip : If you are a fan of breakfast buffets then I suggest to have your room rate includes breakfast for two or more persons staying. It is 50% cheaper that way than being charged separately. Also request for rooms that have no doors to the adjacent rooms for a little more private conversations. If you are a fish lover and prefers in-room meal, don't fail to order the deep fried lapu-lapu.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kielwin
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel has recently been refurbished. The rooms are fantastic, a marble wet room with a power shower, 40 inch lcd tv, really comfortable memory foam mattress. This was superb value I would expect to pay over $150 for a room like these. Nice pool, It's right next to a large mall. Nice massive reception area where they often have events in the evening.
Watch out for using the phones from the hotel room; I made a 3 minute call to a local laundry (mobile number) and the call cost 100 pesos per minute.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Pros (near commercial establishments): Cebu International Port - 500 m, Cebu International Convention Center - 1 km, Mactan International Airport - 11 km, SM City Cebu mall (few steps away); variety of buffet food selection (Japanese, Italian, Chinese, Filipino, etc.); fast internet service at any point.

Cons (inconvenience): Need to use your floor-specific key card to access the elevator; poorly-located shower faucet (opposite the shower sprinkler)

Room Tip: Elevators only work using your room key card.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Attended a cement company gathering ...Stayed for 1 night ... room is spacious .... very clean.... modern design ... bathroom is also quite large though at 4 or 5 star level hotel it shoud have a bathtub and bidet .... located just beside SM Cebu .... hotel lobby is huge !!!Buffet breakfast at Feria is EXCLLENT!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fortuner13
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Husband and I had a great experience at this hotel back in April!! Everybody was pleasant and helpful! The room is AWESOME and we stayed at the cheapest they had. Pool, gym, and spa services were also wonderful. (note: you can hear the traffic from the pool.) There's a free wi-fi access and computers in the hotel which was convenient since we didn't bring our laptop. Food was ok and pricey...good thing there's plenty of choices and there's always the mall LITERALLY a stone's throw away! The housekeeping was great...a little too great actually, because they organized my clutter, which I personally find it weird, and put my new pair of glasses INSIDE the night stand drawer (which I NEVER DO for fear of forgetting it) and yup, I end up forgetting it. Thank goodness housekeeping kept it safe when I called and a friend was able to pick it up for me.
Another MINOR problem is if you are a light sleeper, I suggest for a room on the higher floors...even when we were on the 7th floor we could hear music from downstairs. We could also hear people talking from the other room but not loud enough that it bothered us that much. The super comfy bed, pillows, and blanket made up for it!!!
I didn't give it a 5 star because I am coming back and I had a slight change of plans and I have to see if they are able to follow through with what they promised. They seemed very accommodating in the email but we will see if they keep their word when I get there two weeks from now. I will definitely write a review after my 2nd visit!!!

Room Tip: Book at least a month ahead
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#5 of 92 in Cebu City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!