“food for thought” 4 of 5 stars

Handuraw Pizza Gorordo
Ranked #47 of 616 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Filipino, Italian, Pizza, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Handuraw is the Cebuano word for "the power to imagine." We are more than just a pizza place, offering you tasty Filipino food, homey ambiance, and local music!
Thornhill, Canada
“food for thought”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've always wondered why Filipinos like thin-crust pizza. I myself like thin-crust pizza.

Anyways, Handuraw has one of the best pizzas I've tried on this island. Not paper thin, has lots of toppings, not too salty, not oily.

And Handuraw has always been associated as a artsy place for artsy people. This is place is bigger than the original place (wow, that so long time ago), and is appropriate for music/art events.

I hope to visit soon.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank catcherintherai

Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“Cebu's Best Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Since coming to Cebu, I've undertaken my personal quest for the best pizza in the city. I'm a real critic of good pizza and have been associated with both baking and eating this healthy fast food favorite for decades. Also, I'm somewhat of a snob about eating it...no fork for me, it's strictly a 'hands on' food for me!

Handuraw is the best by far in Cebu City, possibly the whole province. They only serve thin crust, but it's wholesome and crispy so you can easily pick up a slice and enjoy this culinary delight. Very good amount of topping; my favorite is the house special!

They also have other food and the coldest beer around!!

If you're in Cebu City, don't miss Handuraw Pizza, because it's the best!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Mark R
“Friendly service not good enough to make up for jerky-like pizza.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I used to bring friends from out of town to this place, and proudly introduce them to a Cebuano pizza place. Each visit delivered until last week. Went there late afternoon, and I felt like I was entering a cave, dark and gloomy. Staff were gracious enough to turn on some lights but the air conditoner was kept to a minimum so the gloom and burst of tipid air from the a/c resulted to a raging headache but still I stayed for the pizza. But it was unrequited loyalty. Got the special with supposedly everything on it, and boy, did I get everything except the thin crunchy crust that is supposed to be the nature of a thin crust pizza. the pie crust was anything but crunchy. In fact, it was like eating beef jerky, and I literally got aching jaws from all the chewing. Would have been better if they used crackers as crust. Headache and achy jaws, not the combination you wanna get from a pizza joint you wanna be proud to call as your own. Kudos to the friendly staff service though, but it wasnt just enough to make up for the disappointing quality of the food and facilities.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank tsetseflyer
Cebu Island, Philippines
“awed with their poetry reading night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

went there to show to our irish friend the place. It was really nice. And we didn't know it was traditional poetry reading and local bands night. It was really cool and our friend loved it too!

Visited August 2012
Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“music scene and booze”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been here twice but I can't remember what I think about the food.. I can remember the conversation I had with friends and the music that was played.. I really can't tell if not remembering about the food experience is a good thing or a bad thing. It's for you guys to tell..

• Visited March 2012