“Aging quite well”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had visited this place a few years back and it still stands out as the reigning king of brick oven pizza in Cebu. There is a certain sweet spice in their dough which I like, but the texture is what makes it special. It is crusty holds the ingredients perfectly even if you hold it as a slice, which is how I enjoy my pizza. The mozzarella is high quality but does not overwhelm and the sausages, clearly imported, were perfect. There is a classic vibe to Giusseppe from its chalk boards and to the easy going table set up. They could use a few more parking spaces, however as we had to retire to the street. With the meal we tried a more than passable carpaccio and a veal scaloppini which was good, nearly exceptional. A molten chocolate dessert was barely warm and clearly had been served past its expiration date, and that was the only serious flaw.

I still remember one of the servers from my last visit and they are very professional. Quiet, but always there when you need something. They were wise with their wine list; Some reasonable country selections mixed with more conventional choices but all within bounds of their food offerings. Giuseppe feels like a modern Italian restaurant should feel. One foot in today, and another in yesteryear, with few stereotypes in play, and its food identity profoundly classic.

1  Thank Chris M

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Order any family sized pizza, and it's already good enough for two people who hadn't had lunch and dinner. A sure hit to pizza lovers! Try the seafood pizza and the neopolitana. Did I say you could order half of any two pizza styles you would crave for? Yes, and they would be more Han happy to suggest good combinations.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a late lunch of arugula salad with lemon, olive oil and parmesan, homemade pasta with basil and cherry tomatoes, a seafood platter and kesong puti raclette and triangles of toasted
panini. Excellent!! and it was an experience shopping for Italian condiments on the second floor, and meeting the gracious owner. My favorite meal experience in Cebu (not counting the great breakfast experience at a friend's house)

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We love this place so much that we keep bringing friends over to experience it. Love the pasta and pizza options. Serving is quite big too, and quite a good value for money.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was treated to a meal at this restaurant by some fantastic people I met in Cebu.This was a first visit for all of us & first impressions were good.The place seemed relatively new & was very well kept.The layout was great as you could see the kitchen & staff preparing the food.Most of the menu consisted of dishes priced between 260 - 320 pesos for a small portion & 480 pesos for a large.We all ordered small portions, however they were by no means small and were in fact very generious in size.I ordered a Spaghetti, Tomato & Sausage dish which was absolutly delicious.We all agreed that the Italian food here was so tasty & such great value that it would be difficult for an authentic Italian place to compete with these standards.By far the best restaurant ive eaten at in a long time.I highly recommend you visit it.