“Excellent Cebu Lechon. Definitely call ahead if ordering out.”
Review of CnT Lechon

CnT Lechon
Ranked #62 of 769 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 32 254 4249.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We did not eat at CnT restaurant but had the lechon as "take out" or "to go." We had heard a lot about the reputed 2 primary exemplars of Cebu lechon - CnT and Zubuchon - and so when we visited the SM Cebu mall and found out that CnT was nearby we went over to get some for dinner. It is a somewhat drab yellow building across the street from the south side of the mall. The first floor is a parking area. Head up the stairs and the dining and prep area/kitchen is on the second level. It does not appear they cook anything on that level, at least not the lechon. They had chafing dishes with some sad-looking vegetable side dishes at the counter.

When we arrived a group of customers were already there waiting for delivery of the lechon from the off-site area where the pigs were roasted. We took a number (#10) and waited. When the lechon finally arrived the young ladies went to work, efficiently decapitating the piglets and, wielding their large cleavers with scary confidence, quickly reducing the rest of the bodies to bite-sized pieces of succulent goodness, The lechon was excellent; of course, coming from the US, my palate was more than primed and ready to enjoy it. There was none of the lechon liver sauce traditionally served with it and, and true to the reputation of Cebu lechon, none was really needed.

I cannot comment as to dining-in experience; the dining room was large, the wood tables and chairs simple, and the decor basic to non-existent. Of course diners where here for lechon, not ambiance. With regards to take-out, I would strongly urge calling ahead and placing an order especially during special occasions or holidays. Our decision to try CnT was spontaneous and we were seriously concerned that there might be nothing left for us by the time it came to serve ticket #10. Even before #1 was served they prepped 7 kilograms (well over 15 pounds) for a call-in order. Fortunately 2 ticket-holders before us had apparently left by the time the lechon arrived and we got our 2 kilos CnT lechon.

Unfortunately we never got to compare CnT with Zubuchon but we thoroughly enjoyed the lechon we bought that day.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was excited to see the lechon displayed through split in different sections of the pig. There was grease splattered on the display window and for some reason it made it even more appealing.

A local Filipino came in to order a large amount and the employee weighed the delicacy for her. Our cab driver told us that the locals don't consume lechon on a regular basis due to its pricey tag but its often served during special celebrations. I assume the girl had something to celebrate.

Since we aren't familiar with Filipino dishes, the menu was a bit hard to understand. We understood "rice", "lechon" and that's about it. We ordered pretty much the same thing as we did at Zubuchon:

Individual rice plates of lechon and rice that was served with a clear broth soup and pickled radish. The lechon was indeed juicier and tastier than its competition. It was not dry and it was moist and tender with a nice crunchy skin.

I ordered the fresh lumpia roll which I assumed would be like a Vietnamese fresh roll, it was not anything like I expected. The thin crepe wrapped a daikon-like vegetable and lettuce leaf. It was topped with a creamy sauce. It was not great.

Salt and Pepper spare ribs were crispy and tasty

And adobong kangkong. This is the only dish that I preferred Zubuchon's version of.

The bill came out to less than half of what we spent at Zubuchon, granted, we didn't order beer and the special shake and portions were slightly smaller. It was definitely a great value and we return if we had more time. Our meal came out to 438 pesos, a little over $10.00 USD.

1  Thank Kim-Marie
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My son, who is a certified lechon lover swears by how delicious and tasty CnT lechon is!

Best time to go is after lunch, where there is no crowd. But if your buying by the kilos for takehome, be there early in the morning!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

As an Americana who spent years in the Philippines, I am a big fan of Cebu City. There are innumerable places to eat here, but CnT had the best lechon! It's so funny (and offensive) to read complaints about folks wearing cellophane on their hands and the like, as if it's a sanitary issue rather than just the cultural norm. I found the atmosphere very comfortable, with a wide variety of choices. Of course, you must get lechon, but having sides of bihon guisado or dinuguan, with everyone sharing fresh lumpiang ubod? Syempreng sarap. I'm definitely looking forward to my next trip!

1  Thank Miss_Amy_Michelle
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in cebu last Oct 19 to 21. Just a short trip and this time i have to make sure to Try the famous Zubuchon as I arrive in Cebu Oct 19. Lets start with Zubuchon. OK maybe the ambiance is better, the presentation is better, but the lechon is just fine, nothing Spectacular, I mean i am not saying its not nice but its not something that made me miss it. Next Day Oct 20 i head to Carcar to try the Lechon Carcar - well the lechon is far far from being nice ( i wonder how other people say its better than CNT - I dont think soooo!!! ) The skin is not crispy, the meat is watery, and it lucks the flavor of the typical lechon, spices maybe is missing. Anyway the attitude and honesty plays a vital role as well. They will ask you to try their lechon skin, they will give you the nice and crispy pcs, but when its time to buy they will give you the lousy ones those softened skin underneath. Very Sad for carcar lechon people. Pity You... so after not finishing my carcar lechon and just giving it away to the street kids. I head back to CNT with a sad and tired face ( the effort of taking a bus to carcar is not a joke ) as i get into Cebu City CNT, there goes my Saviour!! The Guy chopping the lechon with his smiley face. gave me some crispy skin as i watch him chopped my order, ordinary plates, nothing fancy like zubuchon, Just plain rice and a plate of CNT goodness and ice cold softdrinks. I'm sorry CNT for a while i was unfaithful to you, so many people have been blogging carcar and zubuchon lechon is better than you BUT i think they are all wrong. You are still my # 1... hahaha

2  Thank BrawnJoeBlack