“Average taste, and easy on the pocket!”
Review of AA BBQ

AA BBQ
Ranked #8 of 751 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: pronounced as double A BBQ
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I eat here whenever I am dining with a foreign client. Just to show a local al fresco restaurant scene, but that's all there is to it... A scene!
They offer anything you can put on a grill. You will queue and get what you want and ask them how you want it grilled or buttered on a sizzling plate. The chicken bbq tastes like the sweet sauce it was spread on it, no marinate at all. The pork bbq although marinated was dry, not grilled correctly. I only enjoyed the clam soup and the sizzling Tanigue, the rest are not great at all.
I have an issue on the way they display the raw meat/seafood at the entrance counter, there is no refrigeration at all. I guess they expect the hot grill to kill all bacteria that could've accumulated on the meat. :)
Overall, if you will dine at night, then the hot/humid air is not so bad and manageable. Prices are reasonable, but you can get better tasting bbq and seafood somewhere else. Try Abuhan in Ramos or Laguna cafe in Ayala Mall.

1  Thank MikeCarmona
There are newer reviews for AA BBQ

Reviewed November 28, 2012

It's not bad, don't just expect too much, it'll just disappoint you. typical homemade barbeque. at least service is quite good.

1  Thank Charmaine S
Reviewed November 18, 2012

always fond of grill places, but AA BBQ was a revelation. very near the airport, they offer a wide range of fares from seafood to meats..always, fresh, always tasty. don't miss out on their oyters and scallops

2  Thank Trittle L
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and i ate there last night with our 2 year old son at the recommendation of the hotel we stayed at. To put it short, it was a big disappointment. The first table we were going to sit at smelled like a rat playground, so we moved. We ordered the fried calamares, clam sinigang, guso salad, and the fruit juice in a pitcher. The juice was the best part of the meal. The calamares had no flavor and were hard and chewy, the sinigang was too salty, and the guso salad was average. The sawsawan they offered with vinegar, soy sauce, and green tomatoes tasted rancid. We left hungry, but with a bag full of leftovers that we gave to someone living on the street. Maybe it was a bad night for AA, since the reviews here say it is one of the best restaurants that Cebu has to offer. Needless to say, we will NOT be going there again.

2  Thank Butterfly T
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Americans love their barbecue and I was looking forward to what Cebu had to offer. I had the chicken in a nice BBQ marinade which infused a lovely taste in every bite. The meal was delicious but I wish they had more barbecue sauce to compliment the wonderful tasting marinade. I'm looking forward to trying many of the other items they're offering. I know you can't taste the atmosphere/ambiance of a restaurant, but I enjoyed the location we were at because I like eating in an outdoor cafe setting and barbecue should be enjoyed outdoors.

2  Thank David S