“Best BBQ in Cebu? Unsa?!”
Review of AA BBQ

AA BBQ
Ranked #9 of 775 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: pronounced as double A BBQ
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and i ate there last night with our 2 year old son at the recommendation of the hotel we stayed at. To put it short, it was a big disappointment. The first table we were going to sit at smelled like a rat playground, so we moved. We ordered the fried calamares, clam sinigang, guso salad, and the fruit juice in a pitcher. The juice was the best part of the meal. The calamares had no flavor and were hard and chewy, the sinigang was too salty, and the guso salad was average. The sawsawan they offered with vinegar, soy sauce, and green tomatoes tasted rancid. We left hungry, but with a bag full of leftovers that we gave to someone living on the street. Maybe it was a bad night for AA, since the reviews here say it is one of the best restaurants that Cebu has to offer. Needless to say, we will NOT be going there again.

2  Thank Butterfly T

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Americans love their barbecue and I was looking forward to what Cebu had to offer. I had the chicken in a nice BBQ marinade which infused a lovely taste in every bite. The meal was delicious but I wish they had more barbecue sauce to compliment the wonderful tasting marinade. I'm looking forward to trying many of the other items they're offering. I know you can't taste the atmosphere/ambiance of a restaurant, but I enjoyed the location we were at because I like eating in an outdoor cafe setting and barbecue should be enjoyed outdoors.

2  Thank David S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

inexpensive yet very delicious food servved here. you choose fresh seafoods, meat on sticks, choose veggies and tell the waitress how you want them cooked. food is served in 10mins or less, service was great and this resto has various locations so very easy to find. just no a/c in the branch near the port.

2  Thank FATEfromMNL
Reviewed November 1, 2012

if you want to eat barbeque and other sea foods in cebu these place is a must to visit. many people eat here because the foods are delicious and not that expensive. the place is also clean.

1  Thank Sheryl Rose C
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I only ate in this resto yesterday so it's hard to pass judgment. But I did love their spicy chorizo BBQ and garlic rice with lots of garlic bits in the rice. The calamares (battered squid) was lacking in flavor which was quite a disappointment considering it was the most expensive part of my meal. I would love to try their other dishes next time! The food is very reasonable and I like their open air, open kitchen concept where you choose your grilled item and they grill it in front of you. Service tends to be slow during peak hours. I had to follow up my order