“Shakey's ...... Forget it, their service is just too slow !”
Review of Shakey's

Shakey's
Ranked #549 of 720 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“Shakey's ...... Forget it, their service is just too slow !”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This review, is specifically for the Shakey's Pizza Place at Cybergate,, on Osmena Fuentes Cebu.

I went in there to get a bite to eat and a drink, and said that I needed the drink first and then would order the food. they sat me down at a table near the door, and then I waited. it too 15 minutes for the drink to be ordered and delivered to me.

It was not busy, there would have been ten customers in the place, but there were a large number of staff behind the counter, and also in the front, they were as usual all talking to each other. the floor manager was talking to the staff, obviously having a laugh because he looked over to me, and then went back to his conversation !!!

I just don't understand food businesses, who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy into a franchise and yet do not adhere to the basics of good service, prompt attention to the customer and making sure that they ( the Customer ) gets what they are there for, good service, a product and then being able to get out the door.

I paid for the drink and waited another 10 minutes for the change to arrive !!!

I left promising myself, that I would never go back to a Shakey's ever again !

• Visited October 2013

Sunnyvale, California
“No, no - wrong, wrong”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Yes, I know pizza in the Philippines is not a highlight of the country, and this is one of the poorest examples from the crust on up to the toppings and everything in-between, yet still popular with the locals so good for Shakey's. I've eaten at a U.S. location before (just once) and not much better -- I think very few remain there.

1 Thank Intl-Night-Owl
Virginia
“Some Tasty Pizza, Some Uniquely Filipino Style”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

For this review, I need to point out that I am used to the pizza in the USA, and in particular at Shakey's, which is based there. In my somewhat limited experience in the Philippines with pizza, at Jollibee and such, the pizza is FAR from the authentic Italian pizza. We had two kinds of pizza during this visit to the SM Shakey's, thick crust with pineapple and ham (Hawaiian style pizza), and a thick crust "special" with beef and onions and mushrooms. The special was way too greasy, and rather odd flavored for my taste, BUT the Hawaiian/Tropical style pizza was surprisingly TASTY!! It is much like this style of pizza common in the USA. The crust was tasty Italian style and the rest complemented what is a rather tasty treat. So.... of all the pizza I have so far sampled in the Philippines, the Hawaiian style thick crust pizza at Shakey's is by far the tastiest!! I base my food rating on this pizza and NOT on any other at Shakey's!

In addition to the ONE pizza type I can recommend, the wait staff and management of this Shakey's was very attentive and energetic - this without expecting a tip.

1 Thank travelfacets