“Still the best.”
Review of Canvas Bistro Bar Gallery - CLOSED

Canvas Bistro Bar Gallery
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Canvas Bistro Bar Gallery offers casual bistro dining with modern industrial look, serving Australian Cafe style food, using traditional Western cooking techniques infusing the flavours of the East, while maximizing the use of local produce for sustainable practice. Bar serves a limited but good selection of Australian wines, cocktails and non alcoholic tonics.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were invited to attend Canvas's Degustation Menu night on about mid May. Well what an evening. 10 courses and 1 white and 2 red wines to sample.
Firstly the food, well we were over come by this, truly exceptional, maybe one or two many deep fried but wonderful.
The wine, well what can you say when you have the actual winemaker there in attendance and all the way from Spain.
We were introduced to the others that attended the evening and it was fantastic.
We go usually weekly or when we are at Alaya, why you may ask, well simple, the menu covers a lot of different styles and you can take yourself to most parts of the food world and the service is always wonderful. Price wise, it is great too.
Will return many times to come, my second home. Thank you again Steve and Ivy.

3  Thank Anthony_Jessa

Reviewed May 14, 2013

waiters seemed more interested in chatting with each other than attending to their duties.
Had to remind them to give us water with our meal as we had requested and on a hot night a fresh cool glass with each beer ordered would be nice and definitely an Australian touch.As would salt and pepper on the table.
A token Ozzie flag in the window really does not equate to an Ozzie eatery in my opinion and am sorry to say I thought the pub grub menu was not even close to what a pub would dish up at home. On a brighter note the tapas were great especially the small pies.So hopefully I just attended on an off night but sure didn't live up to expectations

4  Thank steve190761
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Plan to be back here many many times, will be my new favorite restaurant.
Great food, great service, it's fantastic to see the Chef's enjoying themselves too, it means it a good place to work and that is reflective in the food. Thank you again

4  Thank Anthony_Jessa
Reviewed April 29, 2013

....we were looking for kangaroo meat, but instead...we tried an osterich meat - delicious! I would definitely come back again. Thanks to Steve and his crew ;)

4  Thank shiofere
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I took some clients here again for an important meeting over a last minute dinner. Next time I will book as it was full, but they managed to accomodate me & my associates, & it was nice to be recognized by the staff. the menu was different since my last visit, but i still found some favorites, we shared Tapas dishes which were as good as ever, a salad with cranberries was a refreshing combination, my meltique beef was super tender & delicious (my favorite), date pudding & coffee to finish up. It was a first time visit for my clients to this place, I was pleased with my choice again as my guests loved the place & the food also. Great for impressing people for business.

4  Thank Frederick F