“Gets you there, but that's about all” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 27 Tours in Cebu City
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Gets you there, but that's about all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm a bit baffled by the five star reviews for this service.

Having read through them, the applause seems to be tied to the fact it runs on time, is moderately comfortable and isn't as bad as more shocking services offered by other operators. In my view, there being worse doesn't implicitly promote this one and the other items are bare minimum.

My experience was on the poor side of average. Combining the trip with 2Go's Bohol tour (which was probably the better side of average), we navigated tickets, terminals, check-ins and logistics by way of the tour leader. The process was unnecessarily convoluted involving various waits at unnecessary check points, people we pointlessly passed enveloped tickets along to and fairly illogical sign-posting/instructions. It could be argued that this is a result of the tour operator rather than ferry service, but as its all 2Go it seems fair game.

Of the journey itself, it felt like being on a 1970s airliner with rows of sticky leather seats crammed in with the occasional TV to share for entertainment (starting with a film already half way through). On the return, we had barely any leg room - which wasn't so comfortable. For sights, it can't possibly be rated any higher than a one because there are none - most seats barely get an external view, and those that do have little to see.

After all this, you may be wondering why I rate it as "poor" rather than "terrible". Well, it is steady, safe and on time. It isn't dirty, the staff aren't rude - it is tolerable, but that's all. Our journey time was just over 3 hours each way - a long time to tolerate something.

I think this is a pretty poor service - perhaps better organisation and a bit more comfort away from being average. That said, it is plausibly the best on offer, but that doesn't make it any better in itself.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank PeterJohnCotton

San Clemente, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best of the fast ferries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just got back from a fantastic trip to Cebu and Bohol. We took the 2Go ferry from Cebu to Taglibaran and the Ocean Jet on the way back (because of 2Go "technical" problems). What a difference.

The 2Go boats are more modern/new, much more comfortable, efficient, and clean. On the other hand, the Ocean Jet boats make you feel like you're on one of those boats you always hear about capsizing and 200 people drowning! We sat in the economy section of 2Go and that had to be at least 1000 times better than the "business" class section I sat in on Ocean Jet. I guess I now know where old airliner business class seats go to die because that's what they have in the Ocean Jet business section. But I am glad we paid the extra there because the bottom section was extremely crowded that day.

Take 2Go. They're on-time, clean, and comfortable. Be prepared for some bumpiness just because of the engines but the great air-con, good movie, and comfortable seats take your mind off the trip.

TIP: I asked the ticket seller if Business class was worth it. I applaud his honesty beause he told me both economy and business are inside and both a clean and air-con. the only difference is upstairs and downstairs and not likely worth the extra PhPs.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank Mashatu
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“takes you there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

we used 2go ferries formerly supercat ferry getting from Cebu to Tagbilaran got tickets for the upper deck which had big comfy seats. we also got served a small orangeade, a small chocolate cake and two of the tiniest packets of peanuts I have ever come across each held just 6g. they showed the movie life of pi. the view was great as we crossed, ladies toilet was clean and travel was smooth would definitely recommend for travel between islands.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank BthereCthere
Bunbury, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“great journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Took the 7am ferry to Tagbiliran City, Bohol from Cebu. Ferry left on time (2 minutes early) and got into port at 9.05am. Very smooth, was in Business Class as was told economy sold out (although there still plenty of empty seats in economy from what I could see. A breakfast menu was circulated and prices where fairly reasonable, although the food comes cold. Includes a free "small fudge cake" and small drink. Much better than Weesam Express who we returned to Cebu with for similar price (there "First Class" had nothing, no food, average seats on an old boat).

Visited January 2013
3 Thank imetmytruelove
Manila
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fast, comfortable, and safe ferry ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

My family had an excellent experience riding the supercat ferry. Knowing my wife could easily get sea sick, but she was able to manage to steal a nap and get very restful during the entire trip. I would say that the comfy we got from the supercat ferry ride can be comparable or even better from the ferry ride experience we had then from the macau to hongkong trip.

It was a fast almost-2-hour ride from bohol to cebu considering we just paid and availed their promo fare which is quite cheap. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Very clean and organize inside the premises of the ferry. It has 2 large flat-screen tvs strategically located inside where you can watch movies as well. If you are planning your trip months ahead of time, it is recommended to make reservation online thru their own website (www.supercat.com.ph) for your extra convenience.

Visited April 2012