WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Apple Tree Suites Cebu

Apple Tree Suites Cebu
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Cebu City
Singapore, Singapore
“Basic Rooms, Excellent Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Pro's
+ Location is great; it's close to known establishments.
+ Affordable, good value for money.
+ Rooms and CR are clean and comfortable.

Con's
- Food is average and Serving Time is long
- There was a misunderstanding with our Booking which caused us to leave the room early. This is highly inconvenient as we still have a lot of hours left to spend. We had to leave our bags at their Storage Room and trust that nothing will be lost. Looking at their side though, it was the Sinulog Season and it's expected that they will want to keep advantage of it. No hard feelings. :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

My sister and I stayed in a Standard room of this hotel from June 5 to 7, 2012.

The room and private bath is clean and well-maintained. Our only problem is that we can hear the noise of people walking in the hallway and also the loud cries of children that we think were billeted in another room. The free breakfast is surprisingly tasty for a hotel that charges affordable rates. The front desk personnel are friendly and approachable when asked for directions on how to go about touring in the city.

The hotel is only a few steps from the Fuente Osmena Circle and very near shops, malls, and eating establishments. It is also very accessible to taxicabs and public transport vehicles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank girlygirltraveller
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here last April 19-21. The room is simple, clean and comfortable for the 3 of us. The hotel staff are very eager to attend to all our requests. I commend them for their courteousness and customer-oriented service. It's location is superb! As we just have to take few steps to get our needs and one ride to the tourist spots that we planned to go to. For the price we've paid, i think we get more than what we've expected.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank beachperfect
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days training and leisure,had a very good stay. its clean and staff were very friendly..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NT23
Pomeroy, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed three nights 1/14-1/16 2012. There is close access to the Sinulog parade route through a mall. We had to pay extra for the Sinulog nights, it amounted to $35.00 USD per night and we were required to purchase 3 nights in advance. At other times, the rooms are about $25.00 USD. Free breakfast, it was OK. The restaurant on the 5th floor is very good. Plenty of good Philippine restaurants across the street in the Robinson's mall. Also, KFC, Chow King, and MacDonalds are close by through a differrent mall. The room we had was clean, comfortable and quiet. Water was not particularly hot.

Room Tip: During the Sinulog, it would be best to choose a room that is not facing Llorente street if you want...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Angeles City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

about Reservation:
I called the hotel only upon reaching the Cebu airport. So, I can not give in depth details regarding advanced reservation. However, I can say freely that the one who took my call was courteous and answered my questions well.

about the Room:
I got the room with two single beds even if I was travelling alone as it was the only type of room available. The room was gloomy, and poorly maintained. It was clean in the sense that someone cleaned it right before I used it. However: the furniture was chipped; the cabinet door was stuck in such that when I tried to open it the whole thing almost fell on me; the curtain was torn; one light bulb flickered like crazy; and the ceiling had awful water stains.
It was noisy. The cleaning staff was noisily going about their business without a care who could hear them.
The temperature was also bad. The air conditioning unit was in such a bad shape that it was actually cooler if I stepped outside the room.

about the Location:
The location is what made me choose the hotel in the first place. It is set near enough the Fuente Osmena Circle to be ‘near it all’ but far enough from Fuente to be less crowded and busy. I had business in the area so I thought the hotel location was perfect for my needs.

about the Food:
The room came with breakfast. The meals are served at the rooftop which was a nice place. The food was actually very good for the price you pay.

about the Service:
The front desk agent was ok- not great- but ok. The cleaning staff were poor because of the noise they made as they constantly traded stories which annoyed me. The personnel at the rooftop were very good. They handled my requests properly and quickly. I overheard some guest complain that they had to wait too long for their order to arrive, but I did not experience the same thing.

about the Overall Value:
It is a mixed bag here. Location is great, but the room is not. The waiters were great, the maintenance not at all. In the end, if you can stomach a poorly maintained room in a great location – go ahead and try this hotel. Me? I’m not going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank paotranq
germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here with my gf 5 days and it was very good in all aspects. The room was very clean , modern televison set. for 65 extra pesos you can have Wifi in your room . But wifi is free in the lobby and in the tree top restaurant in the 5 th floor. all in all a good and safe place t stay and centrally located, next to Robinons and a good bookstore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple