“convenience, comfort and positively cheap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apple Tree Suites Cebu

Apple Tree Suites Cebu
Ranked #24 of 83 Hotels in Cebu City
Kuala Lumpur
“convenience, comfort and positively cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here last April 19-21. The room is simple, clean and comfortable for the 3 of us. The hotel staff are very eager to attend to all our requests. I commend them for their courteousness and customer-oriented service. It's location is superb! As we just have to take few steps to get our needs and one ride to the tourist spots that we planned to go to. For the price we've paid, i think we get more than what we've expected.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank beachperfect

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days training and leisure,had a very good stay. its clean and staff were very friendly..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NT23
Pomeroy, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed three nights 1/14-1/16 2012. There is close access to the Sinulog parade route through a mall. We had to pay extra for the Sinulog nights, it amounted to $35.00 USD per night and we were required to purchase 3 nights in advance. At other times, the rooms are about $25.00 USD. Free breakfast, it was OK. The restaurant on the 5th floor is very good. Plenty of good Philippine restaurants across the street in the Robinson's mall. Also, KFC, Chow King, and MacDonalds are close by through a differrent mall. The room we had was clean, comfortable and quiet. Water was not particularly hot.

Room Tip: During the Sinulog, it would be best to choose a room that is not facing Llorente street if you want...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Angeles City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

about Reservation:
I called the hotel only upon reaching the Cebu airport. So, I can not give in depth details regarding advanced reservation. However, I can say freely that the one who took my call was courteous and answered my questions well.

about the Room:
I got the room with two single beds even if I was travelling alone as it was the only type of room available. The room was gloomy, and poorly maintained. It was clean in the sense that someone cleaned it right before I used it. However: the furniture was chipped; the cabinet door was stuck in such that when I tried to open it the whole thing almost fell on me; the curtain was torn; one light bulb flickered like crazy; and the ceiling had awful water stains.
It was noisy. The cleaning staff was noisily going about their business without a care who could hear them.
The temperature was also bad. The air conditioning unit was in such a bad shape that it was actually cooler if I stepped outside the room.

about the Location:
The location is what made me choose the hotel in the first place. It is set near enough the Fuente Osmena Circle to be ‘near it all’ but far enough from Fuente to be less crowded and busy. I had business in the area so I thought the hotel location was perfect for my needs.

about the Food:
The room came with breakfast. The meals are served at the rooftop which was a nice place. The food was actually very good for the price you pay.

about the Service:
The front desk agent was ok- not great- but ok. The cleaning staff were poor because of the noise they made as they constantly traded stories which annoyed me. The personnel at the rooftop were very good. They handled my requests properly and quickly. I overheard some guest complain that they had to wait too long for their order to arrive, but I did not experience the same thing.

about the Overall Value:
It is a mixed bag here. Location is great, but the room is not. The waiters were great, the maintenance not at all. In the end, if you can stomach a poorly maintained room in a great location – go ahead and try this hotel. Me? I’m not going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank paotranq
germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here with my gf 5 days and it was very good in all aspects. The room was very clean , modern televison set. for 65 extra pesos you can have Wifi in your room . But wifi is free in the lobby and in the tree top restaurant in the 5 th floor. all in all a good and safe place t stay and centrally located, next to Robinons and a good bookstore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Goodtripp
Dumaguete City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed here last January 6-9, 2012. This place was recommended by a friend of mine who enjoyed her stay last year. It's clean, the staffs are courteous; from the receptionists down to their security guards,it's affordable and nice location. There's one problem, minor though, the aircon in my room had a clanking sounds every now and then but I still had a good night sleep.:) Despite the minor problem I recommend travelers to stay in this place coz it's a home away from home! I'm definitely staying in Apple Tree Suites when I go back there in Cebu!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ChinaMoon22
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Every time i go to Cebu, I stay there. Very good value for the money. Nice clean rooms, good location uptown, the staff is great. The food though is not that good. But many places around to eat. I recommend it.

Room Tip: ask window room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple