“Good quality in a less price!”
Review of Gran Tierra Suites

Gran Tierra Suites
Ranked #2 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2014

If there's one thing I really would commend about this hotel, it is their great staff- approachable, warm, and very prompt to the guests' requests and needs, Any hotel, no matter how luxurious and extravagant it is, if its staff does not know how to value their guests, would mean nothing. We stayed in this hotel just a month ago for four days and three nights. Though we arrived earlier than the agreed check in time, way ahead of other family members, they managed to fix our rooms in no time at all. We just ate our lunch out leaving our luggage in their safety and when we came back, our rooms were already prepared. Complimentary snacks were at once served. Water dispensers are found along the hallways and it really helped since we need not buy bottled water outside whenever we get back to the hotel in the evening. Everything else is commendable- clean toilet and bath, spacious bed, wifi connection, flat screen TV, a menu book if the guests opt to have food delivered from Jollibee, Chowking, McDonald;s, etc., a telephone unit that could connectng the guests not only within the hotel but also outside, and a readily available power generator in case of power interruption, which happened on our first night. If there's a single drawback I noticed in this hotel, I would say it is the less cold aircon in our room which we didn't bother anymore to bring to the attention of the staff. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay there, Good quality in a less price! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank dhang1231

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Gran Tierra Suites is no wonder a great hotel to be in, whenever you're in Cebu. I would really like to commend their great and excellent hotel staff. They are really helpful and approachable whenever we have requests (e.g. additional floor rags, remove the extra bed because we realized that there's no longer a need to have one since the large bed can fit 3 people) and when we ask them for directions (Cebu City has a system of number codes used in transpo, particularly for the jeepney) and for the suggestions on where to dine.

Also, I'd like to commend that they made the room ready upon arrival, particularly our requests in Agoda (1 large bed in one room and 2 single beds in the other room plus extra beds on both room). All were readily prepared and there's no need to remind them.

The only thing that seemed to be a marked down is the aircon in one room which has a little problem. It's not that cold. But in the other room (which I am in), the aircon is really cold. Maybe a little repair on that one.

And before I forget, they do give welcome pastries which taste really good :)

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank KrizanneVillarde
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My sisters and brothers in the congregation,and myself,stayed in the suites for 3 days,2 nights and i only have good things to say about the place. We arrived and the guard got our bags from the trunk,the front desk personnel were very accommodating and efficient, the bellboy assisted us with our bags, they have complimentary snacks,the rooms were clean, they have flat screen t.v., 4 wifi connections,recessed lightings,water dispensers, hot and cold shower! they made the beds,removed trash bins,replaced towels.Gran tierra have 6 happy campers.Kudos to you all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ester f
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4days and 3 nights. Upon checking in, the front desk person confirmed our reservation and gave us the key to our room together with 4 pieces of complimentary bread which tasted really good.

What i like about this hotel:

1. Room rate is cheap without sacrificing the quality.

2.They have big rooms.
We stayed at their standard room which is good for 1-2persons. It has a big vanity mirror, 1 big cabinet for your things and a flat screen TV.

3. Hot and cold shower.

Not just for show but it functions well too.

4. Clean and spacious bathroom.
I am a very particular person when it comes to the bath and toilet and although this is not a 5-star hotel, they have a clean bathroom with clean towels, soap and shampoo.

5. Water dispenser in every hallway.
As it is in the summer, a bottle of water is a must have while traveling and it saved us the expenses of buying bottled water in convenience store as there is a water dispenser with hot and cold water. All you have to do is refill your water jug and you are good to go.

6. Room service was fast.
We asked for spoon and fork and a pail and dip and within seconds it was given to us.

7. Friendly staff and security guards.

8. It was located right in the middle of the city.

It wasn't hard for us to locate this hotel as it was located near the Fuente Osmena circle and very near the places where we went.

Near: Crowne Regency hotel for sky adventure, larsian, robinson cybergate, cebu city capitol

9.Kudos to housekeeping.
We were surprise on our 1st day when we returned and the room was in order and all our belongings were accounted for, they changed the bed linens and gave us new towels and soaps.

10. Very peaceful and quiet.
Despite it being located in the heart of the city, it was awfully quiet. You can sleep just fine as there are no sounds to be heard coming from the streets outside.

10. They have wifi service.
For youngsters like ourselves, we were particular as to places having wifi as it helped us in looking for other places to explore. Although there was one time i cannot access the internet but it was probably because the hotel was fully booked with guests and there were lots of users.

On our last day, we checked out at 12nn but they let us leave our bags in the front desk so we can still go places without carrying our baggages with us and got it back when we returned.

Suggestions:

1. I hope they can provide for slippers. I have requested one but the staff said they don't have any as i didn't want to use my flip flops inside the bathroom.
2. There were only 19 channels in their tv, star movies have no audio.

Over all, i would like to stay here again when we come visit Cebu.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here three days two nights during Summer 2014.
What I like about this hotel is that they have a big room, clean, they have WIFI (though I didn't check if it is fast since I have my own) aircon and hot and cold shower is working perfectly. I also like that they have their hot and cold water station located in the alley of this hotel. So I really don't need to buy bottled water when I'm out during the day to go out to visit great places in the city, all I need is to refill my bottled water.
The only suggestion I need to make is they need to train their staff on how to communicate with their guests. Maybe a good English or just a Tagalog would be fine to help the guest to guide them traversing the city.
Overall it was a great stay here in the hotel and definitely I will be stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Our family stayed for 5 days here during the Christmas season last year. The rooms were spacious and clean. But they didn't do room cleaning after the second day. Maybe they were not on full staff capacity when we were there, due to the holidays. Overall, we had a comfortable stay. The wifi internet speed was decent, a big thing for me coz our family is used to being online 24/7. The location is very convenient. There are two big hospitals nearby, a lot of good restos, and banks/atms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kei V
Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you are looking for a budget hotel for your trip to Cebu, then Gran Tierra is definitely for you. It is located in the middle of the city and is very near to the commercial areas. No free breakfast (if I remember correctly) but they give you bread it was sooo good that we decided to buy more as pasalubong. It was very clean and the staff was also very accommodating. It has free Wifi so that was a plus. Overall, it was well worth what my friends and I paid for. Without a doubt, we will come back and stay there again if we do visit Cebu.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends