Gran Tierra Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Asia(Cebu City)
  • Restaurant
Cebu Hotel Plus(Cebu City)
View Hotel
La Guardia Hotel(Cebu City)
  • Room Service
Hotel Stella(Cebu City)
  • Room Service
Diplomat Hotel(Cebu City)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbo's coffeewater dispensercebu doctors hospitalcomplimentary snackswalking distancefuente osmenafree wifihot and cold showerchange towelfamily roomvisit cebuadditional persontourist spotthe heart of the citybudget hotelroom rate isrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed there just for one night, march 25, a day after our wedding coz it was next to the hotel where his parents stayed... we were gonna send them off to the airport on the 26th so we had to check in at a hotel somewhere near them. :-) good thing that Gran Tierra was still available.

At P989 for two pax, we already had a clean room to stay with the basic amenities we needed. We checked in at the room on the ground floor at the farthest end of the right hallway.

Pros:
-nice location... Just walking distance to "eats" and convenient stores (e.g. 7-11, Bo's coffee)
-automatic door lock and good door lock system (I see this as a pro coz safety is my husband's priority)
-walk-in closet (there were a lot of hangers which were really of great use to us at that time)
-water station at the hallway which was right outside our room (it was really convenient to get hot/cold water anytime we so desire...it's expensive to always buy cold bottled water when ure thirsty)
-pitcher and two glasses (we're water freaks hehe... We drink a lot!)
-hot/cold shower (I told you we're water freaks! :-P)
-bidet (very convenient for those emergency situations! Hehe)
-adequate toiletries and towels
-wide tv!! (Good for my poor visual acuity)
-NO ants (the other hotel where his parents stayed at that time had so many ants..)
-free welcome snacks... Many! (I think they run their own bakeshop... I forgot the name... Maybe, Cardinal Bakeshop?? Forgive my memory lapse) hubby loved eating them
-free wifi in the room

Cons:
-our room had two single beds so we had to merely fuse them to form one big bed... So there were times that those beds moved apart like an earthquake ripping the world in twain hehe
-no free breakfast (but it really didn't matter coz price was cheaper and we just had ramen or cup noodles coz there was hot water at the station outside.. Besides, we usually eat out)
-wifi in the room was not that strong or sometimes intermittent (I can open fb but I uploading pics was sluggish... Wifi at the lobby was stronger...)

But all in all, the pros outweighed the cons. If I'll be asked whether I'll stay here again or not, I certainly would :)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank GremyHong
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel staff are nice. There is no elevator. They didn't have any available standard rooms therefore we opted for a family room. The room was clean and spacious. It has hot water shower. The air conditioning was loud. The bed and pillows were extremely hard it was like sleeping on the concrete. The walls are thin that you can hear people in the hallway and doors closing. The complimentary pastry given upon check-in and water dispenser in the hallway were great addition to their service. I didn't like the fact that they make you leave your key at the front desk when you leave the hotel. I prefer to hold in to my key until I check out. The location is in walking distance to Robinsons mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank KweenM
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked our reservation a week befor our stay. They do not respond immediately to my text messages and when I sent them the deposit slip they did not confirm it right away. We arrived at around 12nn. The receptionist was very accomodating but she made us wait for 30 mins because they still have to clean the room. There was no aircon in the lobby, only a piece of electric fan so it was quite hot.
The room was ok. The bed was hard, i woke up in the morning with a back ache. It was nice that they provided 4 pillows. The cr was fine except that their shower is quite broken. And when I turned it on, there were small flies that came out (i don't know where they came from) so i have to kill them one by one. The bath towels were dirty.
They provide a water dispenser in the hallway with free hot and cold water. The room walls are thin so you will be easily distracted by the people from the outside, upstairs and the next room. I can even hear the conversation of the people next room.
Well, it is a budgeted hotel so don't expect a luxurious stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimmy C
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I saw Gran Tierra Suites through this website for my stay on April 7-9, 2012. As it will be a Holy Week and most hotels will be booked at that time, I contacted them through email on January 7, 2012. We exchanged a total of 14 emails, had a bit of confusion regarding the quality of the scanned deposit slip therefore I took pictures of it as suggested by Ms. Raquel. Also, I'm quite upset since one of the replies I received from them during our exchange was typed in all caps. (Go figure.) From the airport, my boyfriend & I took a cab and along the way, I saw establishments like Bo's Coffee, Red Ribbon, Jollibee, among others and even a hospital, Cebu Doctors. We got to the hotel, we were welcomed by two ladies who showed us to our room which is just behind the reception. We were also given two pieces of yummy bread. I love the ambiance of the room. It's clean, quite big and spacious for me. The linen and the towels are also clean and smells lovely. The bathroom is ok, I feel that I should have taken pictures of it so I could show it here. The air conditioning is great and the television has great cable service. Might I suggest to add a DVD player even just for rent? During our stay, I'm really disappointed that the staff didn't clean the room we're staying in. I'm not sure if I really have to ask them to do that, just like the time I needed the bathroom floor mopped so as to prevent us from slipping. They have this disclaimer about changing towels daily, I just let it pass. I felt that it should be their responsibility to keep the guests' rooms tidy all the time. I have to mention that I'm really grateful for the water dispensers as we got a little hungry one midnight and all we bought were instant noodles because we really don't want to touch and get started on the pasalubongs we bought. We checked out right on time and the guard hailed us a cab. Even with that issue regarding the maintenance of the cleanliness of the room, I recommended this hotel to my boss because she and her husband went to Cebu and is looking for a play to stay that's right on the budget. She came back saying she loved her stay here, citing an entirely different experience from mine. I might go back here one day, probably on September, I just hope that this review I wrote here will be read and acted upon by the manager.

Room Tip: No fitness center & swimming pool (just so if you're wondering why it's rated as terrible)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at Gran Tierra for a night after our trip to Bantayan. We booked our stay a week before our arrival and Ms. Aileen was very accommodating and granted all our requests. We arrive around 6pm after a very tiring trip from the island and the checkin process was very smooth. They gave us our fave from Cebu, Pastel (a bread with a yema confection inside) and some other pastries. The room's fine, we booked a Single room with a matrimonial bed, its about Php700++ with additional Php150 for the additional person. The price can match those other hotels near Fuente area that charges php1500++ a night. The room is clean, and well maintaned. The tv's a bit small but not really a big deal since we didnt stay there to watch tv. One thing though, is that the bed is quite stiff/hard. I dont know if it's because the bed's new or what. Well, its fine for us since we're just staying for a night. They also have water dispensers in the hallway so there's no need to buy bottled waters outside. They serve breakfast but you have to place your orders the night before. They also allow fastfood delivery so breakfast's not a big deal. Bo's coffee is very near too.

We stayed at Gran tierra because of the location. This property is near Fuente Osmena, near the city's capitol and very accessible to public transportation. Mall's are just one ride away and is walking distance to fastfoods and store. It's not located on the main road so it's quiet (you just have to walk a little) and the area looks safe to me.

The staff was nice. We checked out the next day but our flight back to MNL's still was 1145pm so we asked them if we could leave our things, explore Cebu city and go back around 8pm and they said yes. They also sell pastel boxes so you can buy it for your pasalubong. I think it was about Php180.00/box with 9 pieces of pastel on it. I bought one for my officemates but because it was so tasty, we ate it while waiting in the airport. Haha so it never arrived MNL at all..

Overall, our Cebu trip was superb and we had a good stay in Gran Tierra.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple