New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Pier Cuatro

Hotel Pier Cuatro
Ranked #32 of 86 Hotels in Cebu City
Surigao
“Budget friendly, yet comfortable to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed for 2days only (weekend break) with my husband. The place is clean,with friendly hotel staff..important factors for me. It may not be the grandest like the 5star hotels around the country :-) but just enough for our needs. Affordable with free breakfast :-) & wifi. They also have safety deposit box where i placed important things while we went shopping. It's near SM! A shuttle ride is ready for you to bring you up to Ayala on sked time! We will surely come back. Thanks :)

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank lani g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just checked out this morning. Although this is not a grand place to stay, we had an amazing time because of the service. The staff were friendly and helpful. We traveled as a family, all 5 of us and even the children agree that we should stay here on our way back.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Sweeeetmom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

A budget hotel but with very slow internet connection. There are also times that I was disconnected. I think its better that they said that they don't have free wifi. Other than that, I can say that the hotel is good

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Techbhoy
1412, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Pier Cuatro, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi Sir, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our internet connection. But I assure you that yours is an isolated case and the problem may have something to do with our Internet Service Provider (ISP) during the time of your stay. This is also the reason why we have a backup internet connection in the lobby provided by another ISP - for the times when our building internet is slow or down and our guests urgently need connectivity to do work. On behalf of Hotel Pier Cuatro's management, I am extending our sincerest apologies if our Frontdesk Staff/s weren't able to inform you immediately of the availability of a backup.

We have always kept a mindset of improving on things that are within our control, and finding ways to make up for things that aren't. And we believe that our backup connection is one example of this. We have no intention to mislead by offering free WIFI, and I hope we will see you again at Hotel Pier Cuatro soon. :)
Ormoc City, Ormoc, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Me, my husband and my sister stayed in their Standard Room for one day. It cost us Php 1,500+ for three persons with free breakfast buffet. The food was great, the staff were reliable to our needs, the location was ok because it was near SM City Cebu and Fastcraft Terminal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Maria Carmela P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed with my family in Feb 2013 and very much enjoyed our stay. The staff were great, the rooms were clean, and the food was delicious. The ferry terminal is only about a 7 minute walk if you need to buy your tickets early to Bohol. The breakfast was more than I expected. Needless to say, we left full. The staff were very accomodating in letting us leave some bags there overnight. I would definitely recommend this place to any travelor going to Cebu. The SM shopping mall is also nearby. Maybe 10 minutes by taxi. My only negative point would be the TV in the room. Its a bit small. Aside from that, we recommend booking with them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Edwin J
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Pier Cuatro Hotel was recommended to me due to its proximity to Supercat Ferry terminal (about 700 m away) hence the name. My first impression was that the location tho is secluded and rather dingy. Secluded since there are no restos, stores, nor offices near it - just walled warehouses and abandoned offices. I could see SM Mall but need to take taxi to reach it. There is a BPI bank a block away which is great. I will just stay overnight so I took the room.

Night time came - whoa! Right in front of hotel is a strip club. There were throngs of tambays, rows empty taxis waiting, street vendors. I might have been happy if I'm into this kind of fun. I'm not. I just had dinner in hotel then stayed inside my room.

The hotel itself is nice. The lobby is well-lit. The reception staff were efficient. They offer good selection of meals for lunch/dinner. The grilled chicken I ordered was great. The room is compact but clean. The bathroom is spacious but I do not understand why they do not provide shampoo. Don't expect too much on the free breakfast but the danggit are ok.

Good: Proximity to Pier, short taxi ride to SM, clean room, comfy beds, reasonable price, nice restaurant, accepts credit cards, courteous staff
Bad: Unsafe environment, nudie bar right in front, no stores or restaurant around the hotel.

All the "bad" are not because of the hotel itself. I still give the hotel a 4star

Room Tip: elevator is slow and small. better take room on the 2F so you can just take stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Malaybalay City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last year for our convention. Choose this hotel because of proximity to our convention venue. But found place not safe during night time because its near the pier. On the last day of our stay the main switch of our room broke down. Our room has no windows so its really dark inside. I am in a hurry since i have to go to,the airport for my flight and i haven't taken a bath yet and they have given me an unmade room to take a shower!!! Have to carry my things and clothing to that room....hassle!!!Not a very nice experience....

Room Tip: Looking for a hotel room in cebu? Find another hotel...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business