“Great Mexican food”

Maya Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 701 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Maya was created to be a casual restaurant and tequila lounge: laid back and subtle, with efficient service and reasonably priced. The sophisticated yet casual allure of Maya seamlessly blends old world charm with modern elegance. Succulent aromas from the kitchen mix tradition and ingenuity while setting the stage for your dining pleasure. Maya also has the largest selection of 100% pure agave tequilas in the country, which in addition to our premium house pours are sure to charm.Maya is committed to the timeless tradition of Mexican food – utilizing countless ingredients and dishes, and perhaps most importantly, the rich family tradition of preparation, which is done by hand using the freshest local ingredients that are regionally available. By embracing both Mexican tradition and local sensibility, we offer a creatively classic cuisine that unites well-known Mexican street food from the stalls of Mexico City and family dishes from the coast of the Mayan Riviera and the inventiveness of the Hispanic American communities of California and the American Southwest.
“Great Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I liked the food and service of this restaurant - we had California style burrito. Impressive interiors. I was bit disappointed on their leche flan - the serving was good for two but it was too pricey, perhaps that's why it wasn't listed in the menu?

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kath S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Not bad doesn't mean good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

All in all, this place is not bad. Unfortunately I come from Los Angeles where we actually know what Mexican food is. To be honest I expected more from a restaurant of the famed Abaca group.
Food- mediocre at best, not passable if you are Mexican.
Service- Average, even by Philippine standards.
Decor- The only standout was the door, everything else was a let down.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hideousme
Zurich, Switzerland
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in mactan and went to cebu city to try maya. It was a forty minute cab ride bur worth it. We ordered the guacamole and it was fresh and quite tasty. We also order the steak fajitas and chicken fajitas which were great!

Visited July 2014
Pasig, Philippines
“Skulls!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love the interior of this restaurant. Very creative. Something different. Very relaxing. I checked in at Foursquare when I went there and saw reviews on their Mojitos. I tried it and it was okay. I have tried better mojitos. Comparing the prices of their drinks to bars in Manila, their imported bottles of beer are quite cheap. Definitely a nice place to have Tequila and Corona.

Visited August 2014
San Diego, California
“A bit disappointed!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

July 19, 2014 The staff was very attentive. My wife ordered an enchilada that was over spiced and could not eat it. My son in-law ordered carne asada fajita and was perfect. My daughter and I ordered carne asada burritos Classic California style that was so over powered with rice they had no flavor. I was disappointed with the Maya Mexican Restaurant with all the hype it receives I was looking for a fine dinning Mexican Restaurant in the Philippines. Now I'm still looking for one.

Visited July 2014