“Very over rated..I.Left the feeling of being pick-pocketed.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Harbour City Dimsum
Ranked #109 of 693 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cebu city
“Very over rated..I.Left the feeling of being pick-pocketed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We ducked in during a rain storm. It was very crowded and they we low on staff despite being rush hour (dinner time). Granted there was a rain storm and other umbrella less folk sought solice from the elements - just like us. They only had 2 of 4 order registers open and both lines were 8 deep. The place was full and the few open tables were dirty and cluttered with dishes. The place was a diaster...real food "war-zone". However, on the positive side the bathrooms were clean and had plenty of tissue paper and working hand blowers (+). They said what we ordered would take 15 minutes to prepare; but it was more line 45 minutes.The Sweet and Sour Chicken was ok; but the Garlic Pork was all bones...they used just pork ribs busted in half. Absolutely no meat on them. We put all the bones back in the bowl after eating and it filled up the bowl...almost as full as the delivered to our table. We showed a managaer and she just shugged her shoulders. The Service is very poor and the quality and value extremely lacking...despite all the colorful signs that drew us inside. They have a great promo and advertising dept. but fail to deliver the goods...when, it comes to food quality, and taste.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent Chinese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

As a Chinese, I know what to expect from Chinese food.

They are not the best. I would still prefer Hup Chan but the quality here is good enough. I went to the branch in Ayala Terrace.

Staff is friendly. Despite we reach the restaurant about 45 mins before closing, they still entertain us and did not rush us into it.

Food is decent and I am pleased by the quality.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mousehunt
Philippines
“Improve your service please!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I've had several happy memories eating dimsum and their specialty steamed rice at Harbor City Dimsum Restaurant. However recently ( a month ago) i hoped to have a quick lunch at their SM Mall outlet, but it took them at least 30 minutes to serve the food that I ordered. Their service has deteriorated. The restaurant was full it being a weekend. I was patient enough to wait for my favorite hakaw and steamed rice though. Perhaps even if the restaurant is full, management has to exert extra effort to serve their customers promptly and with a smile. Take note, most of the waiters and waitresses were frowning that day....was it because of too much customers and the summer heat outside??
Oh well, Harbour City Dimsum, both in Ayala Mall and SM Mall have been raking money from their customers for sooooo long. Perhaps they should give the BEST SERVICE to their customers NOW....without their customers, Harbour City would not exist!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
“Cebu's best dimsum restaurant...and in my experience, the best in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Whenever I'm in Cebu, the first meal after I get off the plane from the airport is Harbour City's excellent siomai's. I love them all, whatever the order is but my favorite is the empress roll. Since I love chili oil, the waiters won't hesitate to give you more. The pork steamed rice is also the best. If you want more sauce, they will not hesitate to add. They also have a variety of noodles and hotpots and the price is just right. They deliver too! Trust me, you won't find this place anywhere in the Philippines except Cebu City. They have branches on all major malls. If you visit Cebu City and you happen to love dimsum, this is a must try :)

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ecatarina_888
cebu
“One of my fave Dimsum restaurants.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I think the Owner of Dinghow and Ding Qua Qua is the same with Harbour Dimsum.

I love their steam rice and hot pots!

I also love their coco creams.

2 Thank stufftoy