“dont go” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 73 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“dont go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

i booked with agoda for me and me wife 2 person but the hotel charge an other 400 piso per night and 200 extra for the breakfast. the rooms are clean but only the room the bad room not the internet is free and free of function that means it works for 5 minutes and then it stops. Reaction from the very smiley but very incompetent staff ...sorry. about the nois in the room and the location i don't want to remember on this ...in any case keep away from this hotel !!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tacloban, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel is one of the best "value for the money" deals available. Nondescript but comfortable. Staff very accommodating and pleasant. Rooms small but very well kept and stocked. Breakfast included with room was basic but delicious. Location is close to shopping and dining. If you want luxury and pampering...you should look elsewhere. But if you want a quiet, inexpensive, convenient place to spend the night...look no further. Would recommend to all looking for value. Will definitely stay there again on future trips to Cebu.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John B
parts unknow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I went to this hotel only for lunch, but was examining this place as a potential venue for our wedding reception. During the lunch and subsequent tour of the reception areas, I was convinced this wasn't the place to stay or have a reception, I would not recomend it for lunch or even a potty break if you're walking on the street.

First off on entering the hotel restraunt, we we the only ones there. That should have been a sign. Well, my wife got fish and I got some meat dish. My meal was tasteless, and my wife got food poisoning about 30 minutes after finishing the meal. The restroom at the back of the restraunt had roaches. Dead, but the restroom was adjacent the kitchen. God only knows.

A few other things that bugged me. I asked for a mix drink, and was told they didnt have the particular liquor. I then asked for another, and was told the same. So compromised on a glass of wine, which they have listed by the glass. I was told after the waiter went to the back that the wine could only be sold by the bottle. I finally decided to just eat thirsty. But becasue the food was so tasteless I didnt force myself to eat it so saving my thirst, however drinking that tasteless food down with a margarita or white wine would have been nice.

So we went on the tour of the reception, although by then i had already decided that we would have to cater out if allowed, nevertheless went on the tour since we had been driven by taxi there. And let me tell you, there was alot to be desifre here as well. Just seems like the entire hotel staff and managment is lazy and dont care for customer service nor pride of their business. The person giving the tour gave conflicting prices and occupancy compared to the front desk person, who then suggested we call back for another person to give specifics. By then I was only asking questions for entertainment to see how bad they really were.

The surrounding area of this hotel is horrible and dirty overcrowded. I saw a rat the size of a cat in the middle of the day, about 20 ft from the hotel. This place has no saving qualities. I am glad I decided not to stay here as I had originally planned.

This place doesnt deserve a star and should not even have a listing.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere from from here and surrounding location
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank imabadman30

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Delicious food & Hotel staff is very accommodating , I enjoyed my stay,so I extend for another night...I was one of participants in a seminar & I was so happy that even the security guard on duty & waiter were willing to help me practice my dance number for my seminar's activity, that was great...and in the resto all the staff were friendly and cheerful...i'll be back next year...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Sophia117
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Front desk staff were friendly specially the guy and the lady who were there when we checked in. We arrived 5:30am coz of our early arrival from Hongkong. we booked the room as walked in guest and good thing they accomodated us to check in that early . Since we are only staying for one night and will heck out very early the next day (4am) I asked them if its possible to avail our breakfast (w/cis included in the rate) on the day of our arrival but unfortunately they cant allow it. It was quite disappointing since i explained to them that we cant have it the next day. They should have extended their service even on that simple request.anyhow, they provided us the packed breakfast as alternative. But sandwich ws quite dry and not tasty at all.
Anyway, Thanks for effecient service. Dont forget to smile front desk staff.its needed on ur job :)

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

At first I was a little wary - they wanted a money transfer payment in full - and I needed to be provided with some numbers to do the transfer. After many emails they never responded. A day before the trip I called them - they told me I was not reserved for the days I planned, but they could still provide me with a room but one step up for what I requested. I was a little ticked off - and not being able to get airport transfer because we were arriving late.

Anyways- I printed out the confirmation which had the correct dates and showed them upon arrival. They were very friendly and accommodating and were able to provide me with the room I had originally requested.
We were only staying in Cebu for one night, catching the morning ferry.

We chose this hotel because of decent reviews and its closeness to the ferry port.

We were more than satisfy, the room filled our needs - a bed, a shower, shampoo/soap, towels and the breakfast was great. With such a cheap price I was expecting the free breakfast to be toast and a banana but we could order off the menu.

Great, would recommend this place to a friend.

I am not sure of how conveniently located it is to cebu attractions - but for a quick stop over - great

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tesias
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

security guard and service employees always assist us when carrying luggages, with smiles, opens the car whenever we arrive, gets us taxi when needed.

<promo for members>
1 hr free wifi + free bfast for 3 days
free bfast --> yummy! have tried, bacon + egg, farm egg omelette + wheat bread + bread + honey, luncheon meat + egg, daing + egg, ham + egg.. + hot choco or coffee.

their cafe has clean restroom, cool ambiance, good choice of interiors

room is nice, clean restrooms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family