Overall, the Golden Prince isn't a bad hotel, but we will never stay there again -- To say that their hotel has "unlimited" wifi is an outright lie. If you want a nice hotel in Cebu City, try the Parklane. I've stayed there twice and everything about it is better than the Golden Prince (plus it has a swimming pool). See the details of our stay below.
WIFI - If you need/want Internet access, DO NOT stay here.
* Internet didn't work at all the first two nights and we were told it was because the hotel was fully booked
* Wireless routers are in the hallways and you have to stand near the door in your room to get a signal. Don't even try it from the bed or near the window
* Every day you need to get separate passwords (good for 24 hours) for each of your devices from the front desk. They need to be re-entered several times per day
* Even if you have a signal, and the correct password, the Internet still doesn't work 90% of the time
When checking in I was surprised that they asked for a cash deposit of 3000 pesos. I asked if they could swipe my credit card and they said no, it had to be cash. It would have been nice to know this before checking in.
* None of the rooms have carpet
* The beds are wooden platforms with thin foam mattresses on top. Not a problem for me, but it might be for people who don't like an extra-firm bed.
* The king-sized bed is two twins pushed together with a king-sized sheet over the two twin mattresses.
* No in-room safe - that was a little inconvenient as we had to carry all our cash and passports with us each day
* We started with the Studio Suite, which is just a standard hotel room with a kitchenette. Halfway through the week we upgraded to the One Bedroom Suite because we needed more space for visitors. The one bedroom suite is a very nice, spacious, room with a separate bedroom (great for putting the baby down for a nap when we had guests)
* If you leave food out, it will quickly be covered with hundreds of small ants. This happened in both rooms we had. Fortunately, the refrigerator is large enough to hold lots of food, so we only had the ant problem if we forgot to put the food away.
* This is the first hotel I've stayed in that doesn't give you an extra roll of toilet paper. The one roll doesn't last through the day if you're traveling with your family, so we ended up buying our own rather than having to call the front desk every day.
* They give you tiny packets of shampoo. Again, we bought our own shampoo and soap rather than call the front desk each day to ask for more.
This was one of the nicer aspects of the hotel. The restaurant is small and the buffet doesn't have a huge selection, but they change the menu every day - We didn't get bored with the breakfast like in some other hotels. The omlet chef does a nice job, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Prince Hotel & Suites introduces a new trend in the hospitality and culinary arena in Cebu as it highlights a Unique Cebuano Royalty Experience for all its local and international guests. The 159 spacious and modernized Cebuano architectural rooms are meticulously designed to ensure we give you the Cebuano Royalty treatment you deserve. Culinary fusion is also offered for a delightful gastronomical experience to all its diners. Above all, we commit to innovate and set new trends and will always be the leading hotel in the Queen City of the South that shares unique quality service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Prince Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Prince Hotel & Suites Cebu Island/Cebu City