it was my first time in cebu last january 2013. Since my main goal was to experience the world-famous Sinulog and add the fact that i really don't allot a huge amount of money for accommodation(better spend more money on food pasalubong and fare expenses), Sugbutel was like God's Gift for me!
I easily detected the building since it's along the main road(near SM and the ferry ports). Lobby was clean and the front desk staff were accommodating. I reserved via email and they easily found my records.
I availed the cheapest accommodation that they offer, the dorm type. It was located on the 3rd floor. the elevator was kinda small but it's ok, not a big deal. Upon arriving at the floor, there's a security guard in the lobby and he asked for my reservation files and ID. If you're super tired from traveling, it will be a hassle but just think of it as their way of dependable security. Linens and towels are not automatically placed on the dorm bed so you have to ask for it on the lobby area(3rd floor) and leave some ID.
The lobby per floor are equipped with cctv cams(if i remember correctly), a pc unit and tv.
The bed was enough for my body size and there's a security locker below. You'll also have your own electric socket and light in case you want to read books at night and the main room lights are already switched off. Airconditioning units are working properly so you better request for some blankets.
I took a ship(2Go Travel) on my way back to manila so the hotel was also the best choice for me since it's near the ferry port. It's also near SM Cebu where there's a jeepney terminal bound to cebu city and even other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugbutel Family Hotel is formerly known as Sugbutel Bed & Bath, Cebu's first modern bed and bath facility - featuring 320 beds equipped with modern facilities and amenities. We are located 3 minutes away from one of Cebu's major malls, SM City Cebu, and 5 minutes away from the Seaports connecting to neighboring islands like Bohol and Leyte. We offer 24/7 security and CCTV cameras, 24/7 backup generator service, Free Wireless Internet Access and all our rooms are fully air conditioned. Convenience store and canteen at the ground floor and restaurant at the 3rd floor. We would also like to introduce our latest addition to Sugbutel Family Hotel - 47 private rooms furnished with twin or double beds, custom made fixtures, LCD cable TV, private toilet and hot and cold shower, and individually controlled air-conditioning. A safe haven for travelers of different kinds - Sugbutel Family Hotel continues to create better ways for the travelers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugbutel Family Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugbutel Bed And Bath
- Sugbutel Bed & Bath Hotel Cebu City
- Sugbutel Family Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City