I have been reading lots of good reviews about this hostel as well as good reviews from my friends who have stayed here, so we decided to stay here. Surprisingly, many locals and taxi drivers were not aware of this place, better add, "It's near Radisson Blu or SM.."
We stayed here for two separate nights and I just got home today from Cebu. Love their beds, very comfortable. This is a very good choice if you will book 1 month prior to your stay, they have a promo of P99/night only exclusive of linens and towel. We didn't avail that as we booked to Cebu two weeks prior to our trip.
We stayed in bed bunk. Their upper bed is only P50 cheaper from the lower bed, we chose lower bed during our first night here and then upper bed during our second night. The only thing that I like in this hostel? Location wise! Only 20 to 30 mins away from the Mactan airport, 7 to 10 min walk to SM City Cebu etc.
However, since I traveled with a friend, I realized that we should have better yet chosen a hostel or hotel that is private with the same price individually. We're friends and we exchange stories, expect ourselves to be noisy. And bit boring as there are no near place here to hang out.
Around midnight, their store closes and we were really thirsty, there's no nearby store in this place if clock will hit at that time. Good thing, staffs were kind enough to give a glass of water. Maybe if we stayed along Mango Avenue, 24-hr Mercury Drug store was very accessible for us. Then rooms will start to get noisy around 6 am.
And, if I will travel again to Cebu with a friend, I might not stay here, I could stay here if I will be traveling solo though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugbutel Family Hotel is formerly known as Sugbutel Bed & Bath, Cebu's first modern bed and bath facility - featuring 320 beds equipped with modern facilities and amenities. We are located 3 minutes away from one of Cebu's major malls, SM City Cebu, and 5 minutes away from the Seaports connecting to neighboring islands like Bohol and Leyte. We offer 24/7 security and CCTV cameras, 24/7 backup generator service, Free Wireless Internet Access and all our rooms are fully air conditioned. Convenience store and canteen at the ground floor and restaurant at the 3rd floor. We would also like to introduce our latest addition to Sugbutel Family Hotel - 47 private rooms furnished with twin or double beds, custom made fixtures, LCD cable TV, private toilet and hot and cold shower, and individually controlled air-conditioning. A safe haven for travelers of different kinds - Sugbutel Family Hotel continues to create better ways for the travelers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Sugbutel Family Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugbutel Bed And Bath
- Sugbutel Bed & Bath Hotel Cebu City
- Sugbutel Family Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City