“the best steak in cebu!”
Review of Don Merto's

Don Merto's
Ranked #355 of 762 Restaurants in Cebu City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Don Mertos Restaurant and deli offers continental cuisine, US and Australian steaks, Spanish-inspired dishes such as Callos & Lengua and our own Lola's favorites.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

no kidding, this resto cooks the best steak in cebu... we had this steak-tasting activity and Don Mertos was the most pleasing and sumptious. i love the atmosphere too!

3  Thank exiephillippalileo

Reviewed July 11, 2013

First of all the waitress I greet on arrival did not even notice me.
Then second, 2 meals which I choose from the menu,, one of them was Beef Lengua, were not available. Apart of that, the menu looks nice, a good mix of various meals.
So I decide for a very common Pancit, but it was almost tasteless and a mini portion, I had to add lots of seasoning. A few little shrimps in it, didn't see any pork and no veggies...There was no salt and pepper on the table too.
Sometime I wonder how others can give such excellent rating on an average or even less than average restaurant.
BTW. Smoking is not allowed, not even on the open air Terrace.

2  Thank panter2001
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We ate there a couple times during our stay on Philippines in December 2012. It may be not cheap compared to a few other local restaraunts, but it's great! We tried the Belgium cookies just like advised on foursquare, and they were awesome. Also, it was the first glass of Calamansi juice in my life — and it was awesome too.
Breakfast was included in the price of our rooms, and it was very well too — rich and tasty. Long time passed since our visit, but I still remember the Loco moco - it's great. Every other food is good too. We were advised to try their burgers, but I'm not a big fan of burgers, so not sure whether they are good. Just passing the advice to you.

Don Merto's restaurant is worth visiting even when you stay elsewhere. If you're staying in Casa Escano, look no further unless you're planning to try local dishes (lechon).

2  Thank Ruslan B
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very good restaurant, kind & professional staff, more expensive than local food restaurant of course (except the delicious chicken, good for 2), but very good, we ate there 4 times, don't hesitate to go there, everything is good (except the burgers).

2  Thank systembenlaget
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ate there twice once alone and once with my wife and two kids. Food was excellent. service was a bit slow but acceptable.

1  Thank bob h