“Affordable and comfortable stay in cebu”
Review of Casa Escano

Casa Escano
Ranked #24 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
“Affordable and comfortable stay in cebu”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I often stay here during my cebu trip.
The room is clean and cozy. Shower room is large enough and comfortable.
Restaurant is also nice.
Location is convenience but a little far from air port.
Cebu city is not resort area so if you demand beautiful sea or nature, you may not satisfy.

Though I have stayed many hotels in cebu, i can recommend here having good value.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tearsandbrownsugar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I love the concept of Casa Escano, as an old house turned into a hotel, it has a character and have more 'at home' feeling than a regular one. It's the main reason why I picked this hotel.

We were greeted by smiling staff as we unloaded our bikes and other gear from the recently concluded XTerra Philippines Off-Road Triathlon Championships held in Liloan. The very welcoming attitude among the hotel employees make us feel at home right away. They are very pleasant, friendly and will try to make you comfortable. Check-in is really quick, we were directed to our room within minutes. Staffs are well-informed so all you have to do is ask.

The family suite has big and cozy beds, with clean linens and towels and lots of pillows. A very comfortable place to take a rest and relax after such a grueling race.

The buffet breakfast is nice with more than enough choices and the coffee great. We had the chance to taste their offering for lunch too. There are other restaurants nearby if you want to try something else.

Location is excellent, a very convenient short taxi ride to Ayala Centre. You can also reach the Redemptorist Church easily by either taxi or by walking for one's spiritual need. It's is surprisingly quiet and a cozy atmosphere being located at the middle of the city.

Couple of things I missed is the in-room telephone where you can easily call if you need something to be delivered to your room; and the late night / early morning staff to cater to your need. Service is great but I can't give the full mark because of this. But it's OK as our early morning (4am) departure to catch an early morning flight to Hong Kong was pre-arranged accordingly and was handled pretty well by the guard on duty.

By the way, WIFI is not stable inside the room, you need to go out to the corridor to get some signal.

Will definitely consider to stay again in this place next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is an excellent Bed and Breakfast, with clean comfortable rooms, an excellent staff and delicious food (I had the burger for dinner and it was incredible). Package this with a convenient and safe area (less than 10 minutes from Ayala Mall) and a budget friendly prices, and this place is a hit. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Cebu.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Casa Escano is Excellent! The rooms are very comfortable, the staff was beyond measure and the food was delightfully good! I loved how the staff went the extra mile to make sure I was not only comfortable and taken care of on the property but also off the property. From booking tours to booking airline tickets and even hailing a cab and making sure the cab driver knew where I wanted to go. This was a major plus for me! The restaurant food and staff where beyond measure too. I loved the experience of waking up being greeted by wonderful warm faces and enjoying a delightful breakfast. You must try their fruit salad and fresh squeezed orange juice!! I had great wifi reception and had no issue with my belongings when I left the room unattended for several days at a time! I would highly recommend this place for stay and if I ever returned to Cebu, you can bet I will stay at Casa Escano.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CharlesH81
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had a very comfortable one month stay at Casa Escano. The staff was extremely service-minded and went out of their way to assist me. The internet connection was stable. The food was affordable, and there were plenty of other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Linda N
jedco, Owner at Casa Escano, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Linda N,

We appreciate & thank you for your review on Casa Escaño. We are also glad that you enjoyed your stay & were made comfortable throughout.

A Blessed Christmas & Blissful New Year to you & your family !

Jimmy :)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just finished the second half of our family vacation at this property. The staff is just wonderful - I can not say enough about how lovely every individual that worked at this property was. The hotel was immaculate and well taken care of. Very generous accommodations. The rooms were also great! Highly recommend staying here! All in all we had a great time and we hope to go again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Negros Island, Philippines
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very nice people , nice place to stay very quite we sleep very good... the food is good.. But maybe need some coffee maker in the room thats the most important. The wifi is very good, we stay there one week because we visit some family also, easy to go diff. place you can take taxi or you walk to ride the jeep so easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family