“Great staffs and tidy room”
Review of Casa Escano

Casa Escano
Ranked #23 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Commendable staffs.. helpful, polite, and always smiling.. makes you feel you're always welcome. I arrived very late at past midnight bec of more than 2 hrs flight delayed but the on-duty security guard that night handled everything w/o any hassles. Room is spacious and well-kept, has a strong wi-fi signal and really cold airconditioning :) Water pressure coming from the shower is somewhat slow but is strong coming out from the tap. Lastly.. the location. It is close to Lahug where the Ayala Mall and IT Park is situated w/ lots of really good restos. Will definitely stay here again on next visits.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed there from the 06.12.2012 till 09.12.2012 (3 nights). Excellent place: welcome drinks (watermelon juice from Don Merto's restaurant), comfortable rooms, a nice location. Staff was very hospitable, especially one of the waiters (sorry, can't remember his name but he's from Bohol). We were able to exchange the money there (couldn't pay the driver as we only had a big money), book a Cebu tour (although I believe you may find a cheaper option). Wi-fi was excellent (perhaps because we had a wi-fi router right near our door), also we had a water cooler 3 meters out of our room.

Room Tip: Our room was just near the water cooler and wi-fi router, and we liked it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our room was spotless, spacious, and nicely furnished. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, providing numerous touring and dining suggestions. The service was impeccable. We were truly treated like guests. The location is unbeatable, walking distance to everything! Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
jedco, Owner at Casa Escano, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Krum D,

Thank you for your great review ! We strive to maintain our rooms & facilities just like as they were brand new.

I believe you were not able to see much of our city or island & would suggest that you stay longer next time so you can see all the other places & adventure our island has to offer.

Jimmy

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had unacceptable experience in this B&B. I lost money in the room of this B&B while I stay. It's obviousely stolen while I'm out of the room, because here doesn't have safety box so I always put my money envelope in my carrier and closed my carrier. But unfortunately, after I check out and way to the airport, I noticed there are $300 and 3,000 pesos are missing in the envelope which I didn't even take out. This means hotel staff came into the room while I was outside even there was DND sign (I always put Do not Disturb sign since c/in til c/out) and open the guest's carrier and take money! Fact there were some more money in the envelope but they took 3 notes from USD and 3 notes from PHP so it makes people cannot notice easily. This B&B ruined my travel and gave me bad image about Philippines.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anna K
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for our first 2 nights in the Philippines and were glad we chose Casa Escano. The family room (2 queen beds) was spacious and comfortable. We arrived late on the first night but this was not a problem. The staff were very helpful and easily arranged a driver to take us to Danoe for our ferry to Camotes Islands on the day we departed. The dining in Don Merto's was a highlight and we were very appreciative of the hospitality, particularly the personal service of Janice and Jason. Wifi from the restaurant was quick and easy. The only problem we experienced was the tap fitting coming off in our bathroom each time we used it. We would stay here again if visiting Cebu City.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shemhast

Dear Shemhast,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We have upgraded our service by assigning a butler service exclusively for you for the duration of your stay. That was what Janice & Jason did.

We also appreciate your comment on the bathroom tap & have fixed the problem.

For giving time to write a review, we have a surprise for you when you come back !

See you soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were only suppose to stay here for 5 days but we ended up staying in additional 10 days. We were treated like family. Their service staff is remarkable, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the food is excellent. This bed and breakfast is the model for all bed and breakfasts. Amenities include wi-fi, air-conditioning, hot and cold showers, and cable television, and a restaurant that serves family recipes.

We had a little miscommunication as they did not have a family room available for my sister's booking (they had the family room booked) so I complained and said that the family room was what they purchased and paid for. Not only did they fix the problem of giving my sister a family room but they also upgraded my room (free of charge from deluxe to family) and gave my whole party rooms on the same floor.

This is where I will be staying when I am in Cebu for now on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank applesomoza

Dear Applesomoza,

By your name I can tell that you're a foodie & we are glad that you rated our restaurant as well as the B&B as excellent. We always try to do our best to make our customers happy (pampered) & our staff were commended for it.

Do let us know when you come back as we have a surprise for you !

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had contacted this hotel several times by email with the effort to make a booking with them for my trip in Cebu. It was unpleasant experience. I must say that their booking system is really a nightmare for who try to get a direct booking like me. I emailed them first to ask their room rate and the way to make reservation but i only got one email which suggested me reserving the room via phone call ??? After too many time trying to contact them without getting their reply, i felt really disappointed. How they could ignore my emails even i informed them that i dont like to book their room via Agoda or any other sites to make more benefit for them as i know that they must pay commission ( 20-25 % ) for those sites. Then i made 2 room inquiries via their website but still no respond. Finally, i did make the booking with Agoda without any trouble. To be honest, the hotel is in a good location and it offers a nice restaurant with great food. Room is clean, quiet, provides everything you need. Breakfast included and very delicious. However, the wifi is very very weak and almost not available in the room, it is only good at the restaurant. Another thing that i was confused about the hotel staff as i only met their guard boys and some restaurant staffs during my stay so i was not sure who is responsible for customer service :). However, it is not so important as everyone i met there were friendly and helpful especially the security guide at nite. Overall, the staff really made my stay so i changed my mind to rate them at good level instead of poor as i planed before my arrival.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Happy coffee be... N

Dear Julie N,

We apologize for all the trouble you went thru in trying to book directly with us. You are correct that it would have been much easier to do so. Our reservations officer (Rae) would have taken care of that swiftly if communications is not a problem.

We are glad that the service you experienced when you stayed with us made you change your mind & give us a better review.

When you come back, pls look for our GM so we can reciprocate your taking the time to write out a review.