“Homely stay”
Review of Casa Escano

Casa Escano
Ranked #25 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hotel Casa Escano is such a lovely place to stay. Its like a homestay style place with old family photos and old style furniture. The rooms have a nice rustic feel, very spacious bathrooms and clean. The breakfast portions are a little small but tasty. The lady who we contacted about the rooms was efficient with replying email and answering questions about the city and weather conditions. She even upgraded us to one family suite because of a pipe problem and the room manager gave us a free room because we had asked for separate beds but they didnt have any left twin rooms left. The only downside was that the night we were there, the entire resturant was booked for a wedding dinner and they didnt serve anyone else. Then again, its only a 15 bedroom place so it was understandable. Will definitely stay there again if we ever go to Cebu.

Room Tip: The family suites are close to the resturant, and can be noisy if there is a large party. The other...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel W

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I made a review for this bob a few months back when i stayed here the first time. I'm glad to note that everything went well during my 2nd stay. Their rooms are still clean, service is still excellent, and food is still great. Don't miss their breakfast. I highly recommend it. I look forward to staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank thepickyflashpacker
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed there for just one day but it was a great experience. First of all, hotel staff who greeted us at the entrance was really nice. He was kind enough to show us the way to a shopping mall nearby and even offered to accompany us to the corner, one block away from the B&B in case we cannot find the way. Breakfast was good too. The atmosphere of the restaurant was really nice. Next time I go to Cebu city, I'd love to stay at Cafe Escano again and also dine there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank swingingfrog
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Casa Escano is s lovely boutique hotel located near the Capitol. It is easily accesible via Jeepneys. Rooms are big and very nice. They also have a restaurant here which serves delicious food. The room also came with free breakfast, plated breakfast. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank KingRegis
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My friend booked this B&B for our stay in Cebu. We booked the family room as we were a group of five. It was the right choice because all three family rooms are on the second floor, and as the floor is really creaky, I guess rooms on the first floor would be really affected by the creaking sounds.

Casa Escano has a very rustic feeling and gives people a warm and cosy feeling. The Don Merto restaurant which is part of the B&B serves excellent food- I love the soup! And the breakfast is wonderful too. There is a wide variety to choose from. The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping us book our tours and providing us with useful information.

We stayed in family room one and it was just nice for the five of us. And the toilet is huge, which is great since we had a lot of stuff to put in the toilet. The air con we had was quite noisy though, but it didn't affect us much.

Overall, I think this B&B is very worth the price we paid and I would definitely recommend this to any tourist going to Cebu.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank thehuimin
Reviewed July 3, 2012

An old family house converted into a BnB, Casa Escano is a hidden gem tucked away in one of the side streets of Metro Cebu. The attached Don Merto restaurant is well known is Cebu, and provides an excellent choice of breakfast for guests. The restaurant is located on a veranda overlooking a small garden, with elegant ceiling fans to cool you from the tropical heat. The BnB has a very relaxed atmosphere, and the staff are the friendliest I've encountered in quite some time. The friendliness extends even to the managerial staff, who were very helpful when we sent inquiries via email.

The rooms were large, with tasteful furniture. The walls separating some of the rooms were quite thin though, and on our first night I heard another guest snoring through the walls. The aircon unit we had was also quite loud. While that sound personally lulls me to sleep, it might be a problem for other guests. Some of the fixtures also looked like they could use a bit of retouching, perhaps it's time to do some renovations in the near future.

It's not a bad location for tourist activities. The cebu capitol and fuente osmena are both about 10-15 minutes walk away, though the streets are not really pedestrian friendly. The Ayala Center, Fort San Pedro (where you can also find Magellan's Cross and the Basilica Sto. Nino), and Taoist Temple are about 10-15 minutes away by taxi.For Cebu Lechon you can also walk to Zubu Chon, which is a 10 minute walk away.

Overall if staying in Cebu City I would highly recommend Casa Escano. The food alone is worth it!

Tip: If taxis are having trouble finding Casa Escano, try saying "Don Merto" instead. The restaurant that is attached to teh BnB is quite well known in Cebu and may be more recognizable to taxi drivers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ryansumo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

For the second time, we stayed at Casa Escano. The first was last June 2009. Back then, i loved our 3D2N stay (with hubby). I still loved our stay there last weekend! The reservation was a little lengthy due to server error on their part, but Teresa accommodated my reservation very well. We took a Family Room plus an extra bed (P3,500+) because we are 4 adults and 2 kids (with a baby). Breakfast is included, also with the kids! The room was spacious for us. There was only 1 aircon and that was the worry of my mom that it would not be enough to cool the room but by evening, we are all under the covers since it was so cold! The bathroom is also spacious.

Food as usual is delish. WiFi is available in Don Merto's restaurant (where we eat breakfast) and it is fast. We are in Family Room 1 and if i stay near the door, there is still a little signal strength of WiFi and i can access the net. Nice!

Simple requests are done by the staff and at no additional cost. Like we ask for hot water so we can sterilize my baby's feeding bottles and they brought us a pot. :) The staff are very courteous and they always talk to us with a smile.

We walk to Larsian BBQ stalls (now in front of Robinson's Cybergate). Crown Regency Hotel is also accessible by walking from Casa Escano but we did not do that since we have kids with us.

The bathroom smells weird, though. I would've like it if there are fresheners there to absorb any foul smell. But when we open the window, the weird smell is almost unnoticeable.

I will come back and stay at Casa Escano again and again. That's for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family