“Budget hotel w/ very bad service”
Review of Kamuning House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cebu City
Kamuning House
Ranked #61 of 80 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have sleep this hotel two times and both times showers hot water dosnt work. First time it dosn't harm me, but second time (last year september 2012, i also think that owner has changed) its too much for me after hard day, and i try to contact reception on evening. No one answer so i go look what's going on and see that receptionist massage securityquard outside the hotels entrance and she is just too lazy for answer the phone.

Well i go to tell my problem for her, and she send some guy to take a look. He can't do nothing.
They dont apologize, offer another room, discount or anything. Just say "it dosnt work". Thanks for telling that..

Also receptionists looks always bored and have lazy attitude and securityquard sleep sometimes inside the lobby with gun on his waist.

I think there is many other options with better service so why choose this?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Traveller457654
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Me and 17 of my friends stayed in Kamuning Pension House. The room is very basic but its very clean. Cable tv and okay bathroom (though it may need some retiling). The room rate is very affordable. Good location since there are bars, malls, restaurants and spa nearby. We ordered food for breakfast because it was cheap and surprisingly it tastes good. The hostel doesnt have an elevator so you might want to request for the 2nd floor rooms.

I have recommended this pension house to my friends and we all shared the same experience, we are satisfied with our stay in Kamuning Pension house.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wreckxki
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have stayed in Kamuning 3 times. In 1999 in 2002 and in 2010.All 3 times were pleasant. Friendly staff and they even let me store my luggage for a week when I had to go to the province.
However it was a big schock to find the neighbourhood run down between 2002 and 2011. Llorente was always a quiet back street behind Fuente Osmena, but on my last visit there were obviously more touts, standby's and prostitutes on the street there. Not that they were aggressive, but persistent. One prostitute -who I must say introduced herself with a handshake- followed me all the way to the McDonalds on Fuente Osmena, (but she remained very friendly). The hotel staff is very friendly to kids and I must admitt even the prostitutes were friendly to kids.

The hotel -actually more a pensionhouse) is very basic. We had a small room with TV and a shower. Prices are reasonable.
At day time the area is OK. At night time I would only go from the Hotel into the direction of Osmena Blvd (where Anita's Bake shop is. I would advice against going the other way into the direction of national book store. Too many standby's that strangely enough in the daytime are OK and friendly, but at night -when drunk- come across rather shady.
Next to th ehotel is Governor Roa street that at night time I would not venture into too deep. Recently a nursing student got shot there, just because some thugs wanted her cellphone that she had pulled out.

It is a pity coz the kamuning house itself is really a nice place to stay, it deserves a somewhat better neighbourhood though

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family