“Good Location”

Ranked #77 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Makati, Philippines
“Good Location”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If not because of its location, i might give this hotel a poor review, but considering the price and the location, to be fair it scored average. Located in Fuente Osmena, very accessible, safe, near to bars and anykind of nightlife in cebu. Transportation is very easy, outside the hotel are taxis and jeepneys available. Don't expect too much of the room and the facilities, just think of how much you paid, very cheap. Staffs are quiet friendly. Didnt had the chance to taste their food. But when you're in Cebu don't miss the lechon and if you are the adventurous kind, try out "pungko-pungko" its fun way of eating street foods, youll also be amazed that doctors and nurses are also their eating with you, have fun.

Room Tip: Higer floor rooms get good view of Fuente Osmena
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tom_herrera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel meets expectations, and does not exceed them. It is basically the definition of what you should expect for the price. The location is really the key factor in whether or not you will enjoy your stay. If you want a convenient location, and you don't mind being harassed every time you step outside the hotel, you will be fine. If the harassment of people begging for money and trying to sell you garbage will upset you, don't stay anywhere on Fuente Osmena Circle. Once you get inside the hotel, you will feel safe and will not be bothered. Once you get to your room, though, you may be disappointed. It feels slightly dirty and the walls are extremely thin. All in all, it is just average, and fine for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jon P
Melbourne
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night in an economy room. The economy room was fairly clean and was located in the centre of the building. Hmmm? Centre of the building? Hence, there was a window which was way up high close to the ceillng and facing the corridor, which was something different :). The quietness was the advantage to this room. However, occasional noises from the other patrons passing through the corridor can also be heard.

I felt secure inside this hotel. The staffs were also friendly. What I like most about this hotel was the location. I think it was fantastic. Everything seems accesible like restaurants (eg: Chowking, McDonalds and KFC), shopping centres (eg: Robinson's which was just around the corner), public transport, etc.

Eventhough, this hotel seems old and needs a little bit of tender loving care. For a budget hotel. It is a good hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank GSR4
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2012

It's a large hotel with lots of rooms. I have read some of the negative reviews but gladly my experiences differed. I stayed here on two seperate occassions and enjoyed my stay both times. The place is very secure. The double rooms were clean and spacious. The bathrooms were very clean too. I paid P1195 for a standard double room. You can probably find better deals elsewhere but for what you get it's pretty good value for money. Recommended.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Karlosky
LPC
Reviewed March 10, 2012

As tourists, we wanted to be where the action is, and knowing the Fuente Osmena is in the capital area, we decided to book a hotel here.

When we got off the cab, we were wondering if we were in the right place. A lot of vendors were sitting right in front of entrance and I didn't feel comfortable walking past them.

We entered the hotel and checked in. We were required 1000PHP deposit before we can go up our room. I was too tired AND hopeful that the rooms are at least "ok".

To my horror, I was greeted by a cockroach, bumped my head on a swinging closet door, appalled by the "grains" that are on the bed and the comfort room was so filthy I felt like barfing right there and then.

We then went out to find another hotel (Luckily we found Sampaguita right behing the hotel, past the alley with KFC beside it.). After about 30 minutes, we came back to check out and get our deposit back. Of course the receptionist asked us "why". We told her that the room was really dirty and that we talked about it and we decided that we really cannot stay there. She told us that "perhaps you got one of our cheaper rooms, that's why." Well, if that's your argument, Miss - then ALL your rooms should be attended to the same manner as you attend to the more expensive rooms!

I was exasperated to know that she will not give us back our deposit because we stayed more than 30 minutes already. If we didn't threaten that lady (I think we eventually spoke with the manager?), then we wouldn't get our money back. The 1K doesn't even compensate for the hassle that they have caused.

Avoid this shabby hotel!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank EYLAH44

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Malita, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We decided to stay in this hotel for a night only and it sure was enough for us to be disgusted at what the MANAGER/OWNER (MRS. VENUS CINCO) showed us...

It was a saturday night when we stayed here since it was a last minute thing for us to extend our stay in Cebu. My husband woke me up around 4 in the morning as he was complaining of insect bites on his arms... when I turned on the lights, I saw that his arms were full of bed bug bites, since his arms were tucked under the comforter (as this was his usual position for sleeping). I was in disbelief that this place can lack cleanliness and because of that, I got up and I noticed the room was a bit warm. My husband told me that the aircondition broke down minutes earlier... We complained about this but the concierge only told us to wait for the Manager's decision. The manager only reached us around 9am already and we did not get any sleep, since they didnt even offer for another CLEANER room for us to stay in... Only to find out that the manager decided to give back only 5% of the total room price... HORRIFYING!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Bridgitte_12
Manila
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is a budget hotel, so don't expect something fancy. It is just true to its price. We stayed in the superior room - 1 queen size
bed and a single bed. The room is tidy and is equipped with the basic things you need for a hotel room. WIFI is not free. You have to purchase
a prepaid card that can be used for certain hours or avail of their 24hours wifi connection for 150 pesos. They do daily housekeeping
and towel change. Room has a crt tv, mini table but the hot part of the shower wasn't working when we were there.

Staff - Accomodating and friendly. You'll be greeted with the cebuano smile and hospitality.

Location - located in the heart of Cebu City. Very near to shoplots, fastfoods, restos, robinson mall, drugstore. You can easily get a cab if you
want to go elsewhere. Downside I would say are the streetchildren and beggars just outside the hotel.

Again, this is a budget hotel. If you want to splurge on a hotel room, then booked yourself in a 4-5 stars hotel. But if you have a tight
budget and if you want to splurge on something else like exploring what Cebu has to offer, then you can check yourelf in this inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family