The inn is clean, no bugs at all. We’ve stayed at Dynasty Inn before and we didn’t have any problem except for the awful breakfast they serve, maybe because it’s free! However, there are security lapses that need to be addressed by the management.
ON our 2nd day at around 10AM, the phone rang and it was the receptionist telling us that someone would like to see us he brought our pictures which he took at STC. We immediately told the receptionist that we are not expecting anybody or any pictures.
On our 3rd day at around 8PM, someone was knocking at our door. We asked for the identity of the person knocking. Unable to decipher what the person was saying, I took the risk to open the door to take a peek as well as hear what the person was saying but alert to immediately shut the door if I could sense danger coming. My sister was already on the phone calling the reception clerk to find out what is going on, how come they have allowed people to just come up to our room without calling us first. Saw a lady with a male companion lugging a luggage. The man told me that the lady was supposed to be joining us in our room. Flabbergasted with what I heard, I said “No we’re not expecting anybody” and shut the door. I was fuming mad and wanted to march down to the reception but apprehensive that the 2 people might still be around or they may be in cahoots with the hotel personnel manning the reception desk at that time. Using our mobile phone, we tried to get the phone no. of the Cebu City police include it in our speed dial list just in case those people will return. The following morning, we checked out of Dynasty Inn.
I can forgive the dust, noise during construction hours, the yucky breakfast at their Café but definitely NOT their laxity with Security.
This is just to warn travelers, we have to be wary all the time. Not to scare you but we’ve heard so many stories already of stickups &/or muggings in hotels/inns. If it happened to other people, it may happen to us or to anybody, God forbid!!
Price-wise, the upgraded rooms at Dynasty Inn now cost P1,400 per night (double occupancy). You can get the same type of room at Verbena for P1,300 per night with a personal refrigerator inside the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are please to offer Dynasty Tourist Inn services and facilities to best accommodate your guests and make them feel at home. Dynasty Tourist Inn has thirty-seven (37) rooms to offer you; each one is individually equipped with air conditioning units, 32” flat screen cable television, NDD telephone system, hot / cold water shower and bath, safety deposit box upon request, laundry service, standby generator and all areas are WIFI connected. We are located in uptown area near Cebu Provincial building, Fuente Osmena, Cebu Doctor’s Hospital, Chong Hua Hospital, Don Vicente Sotto Memorial Hospital and NBI Cebu Office. For the convenience of our guests, we have our own coffee shop to offer you, "CAFE FLORENCE," where you can savor tasty, delicious and satisfying food, appealing to the palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dynasty Tourist Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dynasty Tourist Hotel Cebu City
- Dynasty Tourist Inn Cebu Island/Cebu City