“Very affordable best budget hotel”
Review of Paragon Suites

Paragon Suites
Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
“Very affordable best budget hotel”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Just checked out of the Paragon suites today after having stayed there for more than 3 months and I stayed in 5 different rooms due to maintenance work and my own safety during the Yolanda crisis !
Had to give a feedback as I feel as they are the best in their class and even outdo other brand name hotels due to their personal touch and willingness to listen to their guests feedbacks and comments .
Ok let me start with their location , smack in the middle of town, just next to Fuente, Mango & Capitol !Anywhere else is just a short taxi ride away ! Cabs are readily available anytime of the day and if u want to all the jeepney routes are just nearby ! You can even walk to Ayala and Colon ( 15 mins walk )
Many restaurants are just less than 5 minutes walk away
Price wise it's very affordable , a standard room is P1238 with a queen bed and complimentary breakfast for 2, me I got my room for less than P1000 as I opted for just room without breakfast ,
Things that u don't even get in big hotels : wifi was available in the rooms, mini fridge , LCD big screen tv with all the main English channels. hot water flask (with a water dispenser providing hot & cold water out in the corridor ) complimentary coffee and tea . toilet with a health faucet , ( I am Asian and I wash with water)
Ok the housekeeping was excellent , they cleaned my room without fail everyday, and they were a honest bunch , all the staff were courteous and very respectful to the guests , reception staff were helpful in guiding me in my first week there
The cons to this hotel is that sometimes at night there are a few streetwalkers nearby the hotel which might be off putting to some of the guests , in the lower floors u will be disturbed by the traffic noises during peak hours , the water pressure was low in 2 rooms that I was in , wifi down at times but I think it was the service providers fault , the kitchen hours are erratic during dinner times due to absence of the cooks and the food was not that tasty , but lots of good food choices nearby .
Overall, it's a very good place to stay if u want to be in the town area with easy reach to all the areas of the city ! It's old but still is Gold !

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank M S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Checked in this hotel sometime Aug. 2012 during my wife's vacation from Riyadh. This hotel was referred to us by a relative who already stayed in that hotel. According to our relative, if you are a budget conscious person, this hotel would perfectly fit us. Free breakfast, nice and cozy room, and a refrigerator is provided. You can enjoy the hotel's free wifi. The hotel is very approximate to Robinson's mall, you can either walk, or take a cab. It's in near the heart of the city and tourist spots are very accessible via cab. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed staying in this hotel, quiet, comfortable and affordable.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank manny8387
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After staying in Paragon Suites, I've regretted staying in the hotel beside it in the past. Paragon Suites just got almost every basic necessity one would need at a very reasonable price. They included welcome drinks that you can carry to your room and a breakfast for two. We booked the standard room for more or less $30 and they gave us slippers, kettle, glass, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo and hair conditioner for our usage. What amazed me was a gym equipment in the lobby and the warm and cold water dispenser that allowed us bottomless water consumption. This isn't usually provided in most of the hotels we've stayed in. Though the WiFi connection wasn't that strong, it wasn't really that weak either. If you're looking for a budget hotel that's near almost all key places in Cebu then this is it.

Room Tip: Choose and pay for a bigger room if you prefer more space and light.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank moontripper
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Paragon is a nice hotel, down the street from everywhere I like to go. Mango, Ninoys Payag, Robinsons and Ayala mall. This was my second time booking at paragon hotel, I had a very big room, with a large view. My room came with breakfast for 2. For the most part I was very happy, the only things that need to be improved was there are these little microscopic ants that come out of know where if you leave food sitting around for long. The shower was luke warm at best. I found that booking online with sites like agoda, I get better rates. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Last Saturday, April 27 was our anniversary! My husband booked a room in Paragon Suites and since we're on a tight budget, he just booked the economy room. I did not expect much because the room was only 1,188 php including breakfast for 2. But then, we had an amazingly comfortable stay in the hotel.
There was a complimentary drinks when we arrived, their staffs are hospitable and friendly. When we entered the room, it was clean and I like the ambiance. They have water dispenser in the lobby of each floor. There's a thermos, coffee and tea in the room. They also provide room slippers. We ate our breakfast in their cafe and the food was great!

Everything in the hotel is amazing!!!! THANK YOU for giving us a wonderful place to celebrate our anniversary!

I am planning to book with them again for Sinulog 2014!! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheenix
USA
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We're a regular guest been staying back in fort for 3 years but last 3/9/13 I left my phone in the room when we check out their house keeping keep it and get interested with my phone. What I can say is their staff is not really trustworthy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miles M

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

cebu
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place is a dump old dusty smell of damp food takes a week to get after you order and then its cold wifi never works free breakfast is included but ur better of going out for it.paragon needs a revamp badly and the staff are here for the money and dont care about thier work or guests.so for the money there are loads of better places for the same price in that area sorry but the truth hurts and so it should never again paragon.

Room Tip: dont go some place else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo