“Water Problem in the Shower, Room 216, Morning”

Sampaguita Suites JRG
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Baguio, Philippines
“Water Problem in the Shower, Room 216, Morning”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location is what you are paying for this hotel. Easy on-line booking even a day before our stay last August 30, 2013. Price of the standard matrimonial is affordable. We stayed on room 216. Room is small but still okay for a short stay. Upon waking up in the morning of August 31st, there was low pressure of water when we were taking our shower. I called reception and informed about it and a few minutes their staff informed me that it is strong. I insisted that it was not because my fiancee was already irritated and already turned the two handles to the maximum but to no avail. There was literally no water flowing from the shower. So, I asked for a pail and dipper so that my fiancee can flush the toilet and finish her shower. I should have taken a picture about it or a video to show proof that there really was no water at all. It's a minor incident but taking a shower with no water is really disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Oregon
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed for one night in Aug 2013. The location is great if you want to be near Fuente Osmena circle and the price is very reasonable. The staff are friendly and helpful. The WiFi signal in my first room didn't work so they quickly moved me to a room with a much stronger signal. Lobby is nice and the rooms are very clean. However, the rooms are small and a bit dreary; the ones facing Maximom Ave are very noisy and best avoided.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good WiFi reception if it's important to you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed August 8, 2013

LOCATION is superb. It is the cheapest hotel you could find along the heart of Cebu. The room is average but it is decent enough. Service is also good. There's nothing much to say but this hotel is nicely located, otherwise I would have given this 3 stars. Nearby is the Cebu Rotonda, where all establishments are present. Just a little walk is my favorite restaurant of Abuhan and Larsian. A jeep away is the IT park. Fastfood is just around the corner, souvernir shops, drugstore, banks, malls. All that you could ask for!

Room Tip: Go walk. Explore Cebu City and try the nearby Larcian.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank xChaLeex
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms,good location. It is one of the better hotels in the price range. The staff was great. They have a nice little spa. Across the street for McDonalds. Supemarket a block away. Near a popular tourist spot and church. Definitely stay there again. They have a limited number of single rooms (really single) and you will probably want a matrimonial room if there is a couple.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GaryWW_11
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stood for two nights at sampaguita suites, from the 4th of july 2013 until the 6th of July 2013. I must say it has one of the best price value in cebu. The rooms are clean, staff is very friendly and prices are very good.
I had to take a matrimonial room, because they had no single room left.
I choose this hotel because I stood there already about 3 years ago, and I would choose it again.

Room Tip: If you want to make sure for having a room, you may make a reservation in advance ;). Because I did...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin Andrew S
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my boyfriend had just checked.in few days ago. Last July 18-20,2013.We preferred to stay here as it is being recommended by my sister as she usually stay here everytime she visits cebu. As a traveller, the room I am staying at is a part of the experience and having the perfect place to stay is as impt as the trip itself,and as a hotelier myself as well, these are some points i had experienced during our stay:

1.Since we arrived 11:30am, me and my boyfriend were dead tired from our flight, and though we were 3hours early from the check.in time, the receptionist did not hesitate to check us in on the spot, after I insisted to have a room if they have a clean available one ready.

2. The staffs were friendly, from the guard who had helped us carry our luggages out from the taxi, to the bellman,public area attendant, receptionists,and the room attendant.They never fail to open the door and greet us everytime we surrender the key to the desk staff.

3. The location is a major plus point, since we were both new to the city and the hotel is very accessible to the pharmacy, 24/7 food establishments and grocery.

4. I really appreciate the front office staffs, since I have to make so many inquiries both personally and over the phone as to which ride to take, and which numbers to call for delivery. I am a receptionist my self, and getting inquiries over and over again,can be a little bit irritating,and I can tell an irrate tone if I hear one,but never did I hear it from them,infact they are very much eager to assist me.

But I would just like to point out some things which I didn't like in my room.

1. The water pressure is not that strong,so it affects the toilet flush and how far the water from the shower can reach, me and my boyfriend has to stay in the toilet and do several times of flushes until it really goes through, I think there was something wrong with how strong it sucks down.We were able to inform the room attendant though, but we did not have the chance to check if it was ok,because we didn't do number 2 after that incident. I think, before the rooms are released there must be a housekeeping supervisor to check and double check if the rooms are ready to be sold and I am very particular when it comes to the comfort room.I just told myself,maybe because I rushed the room so they just have to give me a "vacant clean" rather than a "vacant inspected" room.

Anyhow,aside from that complain about the toilet, my overall experience was quite good,and the hotel had left a good impression on us. I will consider staying in Sampaguita suites the next time we visit cebu again. It was worth what I had paid for.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank samissy89
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 23, 2013

weve been here last june 21... i thought the overall expectation is average... but honestly its below average... the beds are not comfortable... and when i ordered coffee at their resto the server gave me a sachet of nescafe... no hot water.... commonsense pls how can i drink it? nescafe 28pesos oh God its just 7pesos outside... the good thing is just location and the price... regretful stay!

• Stayed June 2013