“Most Honest Hotel”

Sampaguita Suites JRG
Ranked #43 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is one of my favorite places of stay whenever am in Cebu on business trip. This is almost home as the people already know my preferred room. Since am one of the people who stay long hours in their lobby to work on my computer, they will anticipate my preferred table, which is next to the electric outlet and prepare the extension cord for my laptop and other gadgets.

In my recent stay here, i witnessed a remarkable display of honesty by one of the Sampaguita Personnel. A guest had left about Php8k in the room. The housekeeper immediately alerted the front desk, who immediately called up the guest's cell phone number. The guest was so grateful for the honesty of the staff.

Now that is an extra reason for me to keep coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has very high occupancy. Better to book via online than risk walking-in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for your review. We, at Sampaguita Suites JRG strive hard to extend hospitality and honesty to our guests even after they have checked out of the hotel because we believe that in pursuing this value, we ensure the hotel of returning guests and our reputation will be passed on to others more who are looking for a good place to stay in Cebu.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

it is strategically located right there in the heart of cebu uptown area. unfortunately, the rooms are too small. one time i was placed in a room with a leaking ceiling. another instance was with an airconditioning unit that was more of an overheated electric fan.

avoid their laundry service. i ended up with clothes not mine in my bag of fresh laundry.

some staff are not polite.

wifi sucks big time that you would end up camping in their reception area which too hot if not mosquito infested.

its a long climb from the ground floor. often than not, no one is there to offer to carry your bags to the reception area.

Room Tip: not at all a happy place to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wickedvet
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

In addition to our last letter reply, we realized that you have stayed at our hotel last year Dec 2011.

We suggest that you visit us again this time and compare the difference.

The Wifi is now made available in the rooms. Our bellman is now regularly assigned at the entrance door of our lobby to assist you with your luggage, and a security guard is stationed at the ground floor on the stairway as well.

We have conducted 2 major seminar trainings for our staff to ensure good service to our guests.

The room defects that you mentioned have already been fixed a long time ago.

We really hope that you can visit us again some time.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been to Cebu many times because of my work and this hotel is the place where I stayed most. This hotel is accessible to restaurants, malls, bars and a lot more, you can find almost everything here. The staffs are friendly and accommodating. The hotel is WIFI ready so you don't need to go out to the computer shops. The price is okay compare to the other hotels within the area.

If your on a tight budget but want to relax and be comfortable, Sampaguita Suites JRG is the place to be.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. I just want to correct you about our Wifi facility. Wifi is available in the restaurant area and the lobby- rooms are not Wifi equipped. I wouldn't want to mislead nor misinform our readers and future guests.

Please continue being our regular patron and refer us to your friends.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on our 1st night the room is so small hardly to move around the bed is matrimonial according to the receptionist but looks single bed for me well bigger than that but im sure its not a matrimonial size. The room was on 2nd floor with a window hardly slept due to noise. The day after i wanna cried when i woke up i dont feel relaxed rather feeled stressed out. The saving grace was on the our 2nd day we tranferred to 3rd floor which has already 2 beds bigger than the previous room alot better to think they have same price .The previous room should be for single occupancy not for double occupancy should be cheaper also to think you need to endure noise, small space.overall if the rooms are all like on 3 rd floor this is already ok for the price and its location.

Room Tip: Choose 3rd floor rooms away from noise outside the street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dyosadyosa
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your comment. I hope that your experience has not dampened your desire to come back to our hotel. Your advise will be taken up to management in order to avoid further disappointments from future guests. See you again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had been a frequent visitor from cebu and checking different hotels for groups, individuals and clientele fro my travel agency. I heared about Sampaguita Hotel from a friend for their budget package and must see how it is. both Sampaguita JRG & Basilica Branch
ROOMS: regular,the ones that are appointed near the main road can be noisy.
STAFF: this is not a 5 star hotel,so i id say so-so...most importantly WIFI ready

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We do hope that we can do business together in the future and we'd be more than happy to accept comments, reviews and suggestions from you and your clients to make our hotel services better. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I go to Cebu for business and pleasure several times a year and I always stay at Sampaguita JRG. The staff is so-so, they could be more friendly but they ARE polite and helpful enough. The rooms are small and basic but clean, and it is relatively quiet even though the hotel is located along a main road. What I love most about this hotel is its location. It is near Fuente Osmena and Robinsons and SM Cebu and Ayala Center are also just a short cab ride away. There are a lot of fastfoods and convenience stores within walking distance and on the ground floor of the hotel is a Razon's. Sampaguita JRG is my home when I'm in Cebu. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maanphd75
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for the remarks. We appreciate the candor regarding our staff and we will make sure that we will do better. There's no doubt that our location is tops. But hospitality and congeniality should be given more attention. Please do not hesitate to give notice to this the next time you visit us. Until next time, ciao.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've stayed here for a night and although I just went to inquire and there seems to be no available units yet, but the front desk staffs did go out of their way to find and accommodate me on that day. I have stayed at Shamrock nearby before and all I can say is that Sampaguita is a notch higher, everything you need can be access nearby, grocery, drug store, malls, you name it. . . although I find the toilet to be very basic, it surpassed my expectation still. . .

Kudos to you guys . . . .

Room Tip: if you are looking for a place to stay at the heart of Cebu, then this is the place to choose. . .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you so much for the review. It feels good to know that our efforts are well recognized. Better yet, to be better compared to another hotel is more than enough for us. Thank you again and we hope that you will continue to patronize Sampaguita Suites JRG in the future. Ciao!