“Value for Mooney”
Review of Pacific Pensionne

Pacific Pensionne
Ranked #75 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Cebu is a great place to visit and relax. Whenever I am on a budget I stay at Pacific Pensionne. The rooms and bathrooms are bright and clean (this is really important to me) and the beds are firm. In the few times that I've been to Pacific Pensionne I saw workers doing paint works and minor renovation. This is a good sign for me because it means that the hotel is always trying to improve itself. But this may be a bit annoying to those who sleep in. The service is okay, staff can be trained a bit better I think but for the price I am paying this is a good deal. The free wifi is good too.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RossgoMNLBKK
There are newer reviews for Pacific Pensionne

Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband last week and I found the rooms to be quite basic but adequate (a/c, cable tv, shower inside room, etc) as we spent most of the time out and about around Cebu and we were only in our rooms to sleep and shower. I like that they have free wifi in the coffeeshop and I enjoyed "hanging out" and drinking my morning coffee in their small garden beside the cafe. The location is very convenient as I could buy supplies and food by walking and i could catch a cab very easily from there.

The staff were quite friendly and helpful (they gave us a lot of useful information about Cebu as it was our first time there). If you are expecting 5 star quality rooms here, you won't get it but I like the warm and nice family-type environment and for the price that you pay, it is well worth it!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frangipaniii
Reviewed June 23, 2010

When I visit a place, I always make sure the hotel where I'll be staying has a good location. It' just a few minutes of walking to the Fuente Circle and is accessible to all kinds of PUJs. The food is just fine but mostly are instant. The people are friendly and helpful expecially the security guards and the drivers. I noticed some crumpled papers on top of a table on the 3rd Floor, we were out the whole day and when we came back at night, it was still there until we woke up the next day. The bathroom is rubbish, there's no hot shower (I booked a room w/ private hot and cold shower) and full of molds. I would have recommended Pacific Pensionne, but I always require a clean bathroom w/ a hot & cold shower. And they dont have it...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Empress1866
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Had a reservation, but they gave the room away, even though we said we would show up at 10:00 or 11:00 at night

bait and switch advertise inexpensive rooms... probably want you to pay extra when suddenly a more expensive room comes free

its no fun trying to find a room after a long trip with 2 small children,,, not to mention the wasted taxi ride... and phone calls

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2009

bad customer service, very very very very BASIC. noisy environment. arrogant staff.

Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Pacific Pensionne was recommended to me by a friend who had stayed over during the Sinulog holidays. The location is quiet but very central and accessible to taxis and jeepneys. The room my family and I stayed in was very clean but very basic. Kids loved the bunk bed in the family room. The rate was very affordable at 1,000 php for 4 people! Cafe served ok food but theres a lot of restaurants near the pensionne. It seems to be a very popular place for foreigners and backpackers must be the rates and the clean rooms. The single rooms start at 650 Php which is a real steal. When making reservations try to book the rooms with even numbers they face the outside of the hotel and have a great view from the large windows.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2009

My stay here was cut short due to a last minute cancellation of a business meeting, but I noticed that:

1.Common places are kept clean at all times however rooms are not regularly cleaned. During my 2 night stay, the housekeeping didn't replenish the toiletries ( towel, shampoo&soap) nor did they kept the beddings, in short they didn't bother at all ( a field day for the ANTS). No trash can. No pail and dipper ( timba't tabo);

2. Internet wifi connection is also intermittent during my stay, its free of charge though;

3.Front desk is very attentive and readily replied to my query and room reservation and;

4.If and when Item 1 has been properly addressed, I'll stay here again, after all it is ACCESSIBLE and AFFORDABLE.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank smallbirdpajarito