“Good location”

Ranked #74 of 89 Hotels in Cebu City
philippines
“Good location”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Although the hotel is in a very strategic location, the place is not that easy to locate for taxis. It was near malls and there are a lot of restaurants near it. Crown Regency is just walking distance if you want to try skywalking, edge coaster, etc.

The staff were quite nice. The room was quite small and the blankets were very thin! The bathroom was not very clean but water is not a problem. The place is ok if you are out the whole day and you will just sleep there at night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 1step_1kmilejourney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had a couple of days stopover in Cebu and checked in to our favorite place in Cebu - Pacific Pensionne. The staff greeted us warmly by name- it was like we came back home :D We saw familiar faces from the front desk to the kitchen staff who were very friendly and accomodating.. With most hotels increasing their prices these days, I was expecting an increase as well but was pleasantly surprised that they kept their prices the same. A real value for money!! Pacific Pensionne is not a 5 star hotel but their customer service is top notch - and that is what counts... not to mention its convenient location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank frangipaniii
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Me and my sister have stayed at Pacific Pensionne last January 2011 during our tour/trip in Cebu. Pacific Pensionne is very near to laundromat, banks, transportation, small restaurants, bakeshop, travel agencies, schools, Shamrock (Pasalubong) and especially Larsian BBQ.

We had a great stay at this budget hotel, the staffs are courteous and very helpful. I cannot walk that time due to a leg injury while I was in Cebu. The rooms are not small, its clean with cable TV and aircon, shower and heater.

I may recommend this budget hotel to my other friends whom are going to visit Cebu.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sophie_dfuss
South Pole
Reviewed June 23, 2011

for 800php, don't expect too much from this place. you'd really get what you pay for. It was my friend who booked this place, who doesn't want to spend a lot. Luckily, we only stayed here for one night. The location is not on the main road. you have to go thru an alley to get there. We arrived around 7pm. The staff was very helpful specially the guard. our room was on the 3 floor, i think. So we had to go through a few flight of stairs. The room was nothing like the photos advertised on their website. Our room had a weird smell when we first got in, the bed was hard, the sheets doesn't seem to be clean, and the A/C sucks.
I think this place is best for those who are on a really really tight budget.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank mekiku

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Philippines
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We went back to Cebu City after our Bantayan Island trip and i can say that i made the right choice.. since we wanted to try the sky adventure.. this pensionne house is the best choice ever!! The staff welcomed us with big smiles and every questions that we have about how to go around the city were answered.. This pensionne house is very near Mcdo, Jollibee and the famous Crown Regency hotel.. approximately a 5 minute walk.. if you would want to go to larsian, shamrock or ayala this is just one jeepney ride away..

Accomodation is very basic.. no hot and cold shower.. but the rooms have ac's.. I will definitely go back to this pensionne house if i will be going back to cebu.. =)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank my_kat20
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Photos in the website are not exactly whats in the property. I reserved 2 family rooms and were given rooms with 2 double beds in each room when we arrived. I work in the travel industry and I should know what a family room is. I asked to be moved as 7 adults and two kids would not possibly fit in those rooms. No family rooms available as per front desk so they gave us one room with 4 single beds and the standard with 2 doubles. The rates by the way did not change, as the standard room accordingly had "hot and cold" shower that was on and off the three days we were there. The kitchen folks were nice with a smile every morning when I have my coffee in the "garden". Which by the way was surrounded by dormitory type houses and the only indication that it was a "garden" was the big umbrella and plants surrounding it. The rest of the staff were non existent. Or, we were non existent to them. I just realized that the good reviews this place got were from the foreigners and the negative ones from the locals. If we didn't have two hyper active kids with us, I would have checked out and looked for another place to stay. I am not a chronic complainer. I knew that the hotel wasn't top class. I knew the walls were thin and you can hear people talking outside your room and that the floors had cracks. I should have trusted that knowledge. It wasn't worth all the hassle. There's a lot of accomodations around the area. Take your business elsewhere.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank memeni
Makati
Reviewed February 28, 2011

From Bantayan, we went back to Cebu and stayed here for a day since our flight was early in the morning. Upon checking in, we didnt felt welcomed. i am used to travelling and i can personally say that they are not hospitable. I know Filipino are known for being hospitable. When we entered, no one greeted us with good morning or even said hello. The receptionist that time wasnt that accomodating as well. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and no one was there to help us. Good thing there was a woman, i am not sure if she's the owner but i think her clinic was there on the first floor. She told us - please leave your bags and there will be someone who will take the bags for you. So i didnt mind this at first.

When we went out for a late lunch, it was raining, we asked the guard if we can borrow an umbrella, he told us, its not allowed by the owner. So its okay, its their policy.

The most terrible experience i had was when we want to ask the guard for a cab for our dinner. It was still raining, he told us he cannot get us a cab, he only take calls. So we asked again the receptionist, this was a different set of guard and receptionist. So she called someone who can get us a cab. And then, the boy went back telling that the GUARD TOLD HIM THAT WE ARE NOT CHECKED IN SO HE WILL NOT GET US A CAB??? what the F. First of all, they treat people like this, so if they are not guests, they wouldnt get a cab for them?

Is this how they treat guests?

I will not recommend this hotel. But if you dont mind the people, then you can stay here since its convenient, but personally, there are other hotels/inns nearby.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends