“very friendly, safe and comfortable budget hotel”
Review of Mayflower Pension

Mayflower Pension
Ranked #13 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here twice on our journey through the philippines - came back for the second time because it was so good on our first stay! Mayflower Inn ist perfectly located uptown (the safer area to stay than downtown), nearby some restaurants, ATMs (working with foreign cards) and shops. We felt very warmly wellcomed by the friendly and helpful staff. The reception is 24-7 occupied and theres a security guard at the front door - we felt perfectly safe here. Our room was basic, but very clean and quiet. There´s good working wifi in the rooms. Furthermore we liked their eco-friendly philosophy. We would definetly come back - very good value for the money!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This Inn is located in a good spot in the northern center of the city. The Inn is slightly pricier than the cheapies but its also cleaner and in an area of the city which is safer than the heart of downtown. The rooms are nice and cosy, there is space to get unpacked and even a TV! The philosophy behind the Inn is interesting and ads to its charm. There is free wifi, a restaurant with a simple but adequate menu, free drinking water (for refill), a computer for guests to borrow (free of charge) and great common areas with musical instruments, table tennis, board games and books. There's also a play area for children. The staff is well informed and very helpful and will assist you as well as they can with anything you might need. There is a laundry place just next door, and streetfood is availble just a couple of minutes walk away. There are other eateries, shops and a bar within walking distance as well. This is definately a good accommodation option in Cebu City!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emelie S
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well,this review is pretty easy
The staff is super nice
The food at the 'garden' restaurant is good (maybe a bit expensive but still good)
The rooms are clean (cleanest for me so far in the Philippines and I have paid more for less elsewhere); air con, cable TV, hot/cold water, a shower that is separated from the toilet; and sound-proof (best sleep so far in the Philippines)
Maybe you can find a place that is similar or better for a little less but this place is a safe bet, for sure value for money (850Php for a single room)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dualprocess
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

i arrived Mayflower 11am wuthout any notice or reservation. Lady (pronounced as Lah-dee and nit Lay-dee), told me that there were no available rooms for my budget, but asked me if I could wait till 12 - 1. I said yes but tried looking for a better deal.

I walked on the long stretch of Escario St. but still ended up with Mayflower.

Lady and the reliever guy was super nice, they were very accomodating. All my questions were answered and requests given. I so love them.

The room was okay. Aircon was really cold. Id best describe it as a place to rest and rest aline. Other than that.. nothing more. The restroom as decent.

Overall, Im happy... and I think Ill be staying here till monday afternoon.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank fud3p
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Mayflower several times and have been happy with it all in all. This last time, however, we ran into a major problem: I was carrying a significant amount of money and the hotel only had a common safe AND would only guarantee up to 20,000 pesos. Since we were going where credit cards were not accepted and there were no ATM machines, we needed the cash, but did NOT want to go around Cebu with this kind of money in our pockets.

So we checked out and went to Cebu R Hotel: clean, friendly, and individual safety deposit boxes. Nice, clean rooms too at a good price.

So Mayflower gets 4 stars for everything else and 0 stars for no safe keeping = 3 stars,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don L
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I spent two whole weeks at this hotel (I was recovering from surgery, a sudden appendicitis that ruined our travel plans, thanks god for Chong Hua hospital), and we felt very comfortable and well taken care of. Staff is friendly, security good, restaurant is ok value, rooms are great. Bathroom was clean and there was always hot water. Everything was working, and the mattress was new. Wifi was always working, sometimes even quite fast.
And I think the location is great because it's a bit off the main (noisy) street.
Oh, and they have a million board and card games you can borrow, as well as books, magazines (National Geographics dating back to 1967, wow!), so it's a great place to spend a lazy evening (or twelve).
I'd definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Agnes C
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed twice at the Mayflower during my trip. The first time with my partner and the second time on my own as I made my journey home. The staff are wonderful, the food was very nice & the rooms were really good too for such reasonable rates.

I had also stayed in a 'business class' hotel during my trip and have to say, even though the Mayflower is classed as budget hotel, I much preferred my time at the Mayflower then at the other place.

I will definitely stay again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo