“Just as it should be” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 75 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Maldives
“Just as it should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I spent two whole weeks at this hotel (I was recovering from surgery, a sudden appendicitis that ruined our travel plans, thanks god for Chong Hua hospital), and we felt very comfortable and well taken care of. Staff is friendly, security good, restaurant is ok value, rooms are great. Bathroom was clean and there was always hot water. Everything was working, and the mattress was new. Wifi was always working, sometimes even quite fast.
And I think the location is great because it's a bit off the main (noisy) street.
Oh, and they have a million board and card games you can borrow, as well as books, magazines (National Geographics dating back to 1967, wow!), so it's a great place to spend a lazy evening (or twelve).
I'd definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Agnes C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed twice at the Mayflower during my trip. The first time with my partner and the second time on my own as I made my journey home. The staff are wonderful, the food was very nice & the rooms were really good too for such reasonable rates.

I had also stayed in a 'business class' hotel during my trip and have to say, even though the Mayflower is classed as budget hotel, I much preferred my time at the Mayflower then at the other place.

I will definitely stay again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andiemc2410
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Myself and four friends stayed here for two nights during Holy Week. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Security is not an issue as there is always a guard on the front door.

The rooms are pretty good value, especially if you are sharing with one or two other people. The cafe downstairs is pretty cheap and the pancakes are rather good. They also have a well stocked library and a huge collection of board games, which is perfect for if you're killing time before a flight or ferry.

All the taxi drivers seemed to know where it was, which is brilliant, and it was only a 70 pesos cab ride to Ayala mall where there are quite a few decent restaurants.

I will definitely be staying here again when I next go to Cebu.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This was a nice place. The room was big and everything worked as it should. Food downstairs was also good

• Stayed February 2011
Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Phil & I stayed just 1 night with My Sister & her Husband from Oregon.
The Hotel was so Lovely we would have enjoyed even just one more night, neat time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gypsygirl52
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

1. Location: Easy car ride to attractions (historical sites, malls) of Cebu; not within walking distance though.

2. Staff: Wonderful service encountered. I traveled with a large group of teenagers, who can be troublesome, but the staff happily accommodated them. Before I went, they even called me to ask when I'd be arriving so that they could arrange the rooms in time for us, even though it was in the morning, before check-in time. Polite and friendly throughout, from reception to security to housekeeping.

3. Rooms: Basic and simple; yet, very clean. Aircon, hot water showers and tv (with a good number of channels) . . . which is a great value for the cheap prices paid for the rooms. Beds are simple, comfortable affairs.

4. Facilities: Attached cafe serves simple wonderful Filipino food. However, they are not equipped to handle large numbers at one go, so, expect some wait . . . but the taste makes up for it, if you have the time to wait. Free internet with good speed.

5. Others: Like the homeliness of the place and how they stress environmentalism slogans throughout. The decor is also very homely, without being excessive. Gives a nice welcoming feeling.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Asperger_Singapore
Hasbergen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

In March 2009 I travelled from Manila to Cebu City. A couple of years ago I have had a room at Mayflower Inn and I thought I would have a good stay there. I got a good clean room. But it was difficult to get water good to drink. It seams that the staff want that the guests shall pay a high price for their mineral water. I saw also that other guests were not happy about the meals which it were offered at their cafe. At the afternoon I wanted to give my presents to my niece and her family and also other things which I carried with me to give it to them. I wanted that she shall go with me together in my room for a minute. That was not allowed. It was also not allowed for male persons to go with me. This hotel is only good for the guests which paid a room there. If my niece would pay for a room or a bed at my room then it would be allowed for her to go with me. I asked for a private room to open my case there so that I could give my things to her. It was said to me that they don't have such a room. So I paid for a night and checked out. At MS Royal Pension House I stayed much better for a lower price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo