“Good value, friendly and clean!”
Review of Mayflower Pension

Mayflower Pension
Ranked #18 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Good value, friendly and clean!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Myself and four friends stayed here for two nights during Holy Week. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Security is not an issue as there is always a guard on the front door.

The rooms are pretty good value, especially if you are sharing with one or two other people. The cafe downstairs is pretty cheap and the pancakes are rather good. They also have a well stocked library and a huge collection of board games, which is perfect for if you're killing time before a flight or ferry.

All the taxi drivers seemed to know where it was, which is brilliant, and it was only a 70 pesos cab ride to Ayala mall where there are quite a few decent restaurants.

I will definitely be staying here again when I next go to Cebu.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This was a nice place. The room was big and everything worked as it should. Food downstairs was also good

• Stayed February 2011
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Phil & I stayed just 1 night with My Sister & her Husband from Oregon.
The Hotel was so Lovely we would have enjoyed even just one more night, neat time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gypsygirl52
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 29, 2011

1. Location: Easy car ride to attractions (historical sites, malls) of Cebu; not within walking distance though.

2. Staff: Wonderful service encountered. I traveled with a large group of teenagers, who can be troublesome, but the staff happily accommodated them. Before I went, they even called me to ask when I'd be arriving so that they could arrange the rooms in time for us, even though it was in the morning, before check-in time. Polite and friendly throughout, from reception to security to housekeeping.

3. Rooms: Basic and simple; yet, very clean. Aircon, hot water showers and tv (with a good number of channels) . . . which is a great value for the cheap prices paid for the rooms. Beds are simple, comfortable affairs.

4. Facilities: Attached cafe serves simple wonderful Filipino food. However, they are not equipped to handle large numbers at one go, so, expect some wait . . . but the taste makes up for it, if you have the time to wait. Free internet with good speed.

5. Others: Like the homeliness of the place and how they stress environmentalism slogans throughout. The decor is also very homely, without being excessive. Gives a nice welcoming feeling.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Asperger_Singapore
Hasbergen
Reviewed October 20, 2009

In March 2009 I travelled from Manila to Cebu City. A couple of years ago I have had a room at Mayflower Inn and I thought I would have a good stay there. I got a good clean room. But it was difficult to get water good to drink. It seams that the staff want that the guests shall pay a high price for their mineral water. I saw also that other guests were not happy about the meals which it were offered at their cafe. At the afternoon I wanted to give my presents to my niece and her family and also other things which I carried with me to give it to them. I wanted that she shall go with me together in my room for a minute. That was not allowed. It was also not allowed for male persons to go with me. This hotel is only good for the guests which paid a room there. If my niece would pay for a room or a bed at my room then it would be allowed for her to go with me. I asked for a private room to open my case there so that I could give my things to her. It was said to me that they don't have such a room. So I paid for a night and checked out. At MS Royal Pension House I stayed much better for a lower price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank wolfgang001

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

laguna
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I was very satisfied with my entire stay at mayflower inn because of its clean room and beddings, very good accommodation and commendable security. I will definitely recommend mayflower inn to my relatives and friends.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank 579
SOUTHERN AUSTRALIA
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My self and my fiance stayed at the mayflower in for 4 days, after a friend recomended it , i was a bit worried what it would be like when i saw how cheap it was ! but i was pleasantly suprised ! after 4 days at the mayflower inn , we then went to bohol to see the tarsia monkeys ! and bohol island for 4 days WOW ,amazing place ,go there ! we then returned to cebu and stayed for another 4 days in the mayflower in before going to the northern philippines . the mayflower in looked like it had just been renovated , it had good air conditioning , a fire detection system , good fast lift ,but most of all ,the rooms were bright , nice colors , very,! very ! clean ,with nice clean sheets ,towels etc and good pillows.
There was also a kelvinator air conditioner , cable tv , and one of the best bathrooms ,in any hotel i have stayed in asia. or the philippines,with the best hot cold shower , ! really the only thing i could complain about was , there was no refridgerator , and the bed squeaked a little ! apart from that I HAVE STAYED IN 5 STAR HOTELS THAT ARE NOT AS CLEAN AND FRIENDLY , AS THE MAYFLOWER INN .
the staff were helpful and friendly and honest ! and the security was excellent , they were helpful gettind taxi's ,opening the door , and helping with luggage , they even recorded the taxi's ID ,when you left to go out & advising us were and were not to go !
There was a beautiful indoor garden ,with a lovely fish pond etc ,next to the resturant , and the food allthough basic was cheap at 85 peso per serve , rice ,chicken,pork,fish etc. Doris the lady chef was friendly , allways smiling and made us welcome as if in her own home ,and her home style filipino cooking was really good ,the resturant had wi fi for internet , and a laptop for free calls to usa and some other countries. and free newspapers.
There was a good bakery a few doors down and it was close by taxi to allyura mall and places like jolli bee , etc. and central to cebu , ferry's and airport. unlike mactan.
we stayed on the ground floor room 1008 ? and allthough there was no view out the window ,there was a small pleasant garden. next time we stayed on the 3rd floor room 307 ? and the room was just as good ,each room had a double and a single bed., but upstairs ,the view was only out over other buildings , but your not paying for a view ! lol .
just for the record , i have no association with the mayflower inn , but after 6 weeks travelling in the philippines from south to north ,for the second time ! the mayflower was really comfortable , very clean , and friendly ! and had the" best shower" and one of the best ,out of all the places we stayed , from NO STAR TO 5 STAR !...Ric from AUSTRALIA.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple